Amica Nostra

The Witch Hunt Caldron Heats up Megathread

143 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Il Mango Dulce said:

That was all in jest... nothing wrong with not getting married. 

Wow! Didn't realise. A chance, for me!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3127274/White-House-hopeful-Lindsey-Graham-explains-never-married-tell-memoir-haven-t-lucky-way.html

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Just now, Jacque67 said:

He has always been dependent upon the kindness of strangers.

ftiq8me9uwr01.jpg

Timeline
17 minutes ago, Jacque67 said:

Just read this. Who is this "Sylvia, from Vienna"? Major jelly rn.

Timeline

Ty Cobb is on drugs? Very unprofessional . Knows his client is going down .

White House special counsel Ty Cobb on Tuesday engaged in a lengthy email exchange in which he defended his decision to join President Donald Trump's legal team and appeared to refer to himself and White House chief of staff John Kelly as the "adults in the room."

Jeff Jetton, the owner of a popular ramen restaurant in Washington, DC, has made himself known to reporters by digging into Trump's alleged ties to Russia, partly as an unabashed troll. He sat down with Carter Page, an early Trump campaign foreign-policy adviser, and Sergei Millian, a reported source in the dossier alleging Trump-Russia ties, earlier this year for separate on-the-record interviews. Jetton also once wrote Trump's personal lawyer, Michael Cohen, to give him fashion advice. 

Cobb responded, using his official White House email account, to Jetton's obscenity-laden emails to him on Tuesday night. The exchange, which was provided to Business Insider by Jetton, sheds light on Cobb's motivations for entering the White House and his perception of his role there.

Cobb, a partner at Hogan Lovells, joined the White House in July to oversee the legal and media response to the ongoing investigation into potential collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia. 

"How are you sleeping at night? You’re a monster," Jetton wrote to Cobb's White House email account on Tuesday night.

"Like a baby..." Cobb replied. 

The conversation escalated quickly, with Jetton attacking "the havoc" Cobb and his "ilk are causing."

"I, like many others, lay awake, restless, my mind dissecting countless scenarios of how bad this could get, what new thing you have dreamt up to pull us down a pathway to hell," Jetton wrote. "You remind me less of a grumpy baseball player and more of that horrid clown from the Stephen King novel."

Cobb replied: "Enjoy talking to the Secret Service. Hope you are you less than nine years old as you seem to be...." 

He later called Jetton "deranged impotent and unimportant," but continued to respond.

Jetton wrote that Trump is "screwing everyday Americans" and that "I don't have to tell you that, it's right there slapping you across the face."

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Jacque67 said:

there is no beating the New Kelly Anne to the punch 

ftiq8me9uwr01.jpg

Timeline

It was now 10:00 pm, and the back and forth had been going on for two and a half hours. Jetton signed off, too: “Alright, I will check it all out tomorrow. Let’s chat soon after I’ve had a chance to look at all this stuff. Im off to bed. Sleep well, amigo. Like a baby.”

It’s unlikely there will be a follow-up conversation. 

Asked by Mother Jones about the exchange on Wednesday morning, Cobb said, “I was trying to turn someone who appeared angry into a friend. And privately. My bad. This was what I believed to be a private conversation. There are many pros and talented people in the White House. I am proud to be there. It was not for public consumption but it appears I was catfished.” He noted he was “disappointed” that Mother Jones would report on these emails. 

In response to a request for comment, White House press secretary Sarah Sanders said, “I can attest that Ty has been nothing but professional and helpful to the entire team and we are all working together well and glad he is part of the administration.”

In a statement, Jetton expressed no sympathy for Cobb:

Just as Mr. Cobb feels obligated by some warped sense of duty to the three pillars of government to add rocket fuel to Tump’s bastardized version of democracy, it’s our duty as citizen to speak up and voice our displeasure at every chance we get. I have done nothing wrong. Make no bones about it, if you are standing besides these monsters you are one of them. I do not care if you donated money to charity or registered as a Democrat, if you throw your principals away to board the train, you’re one of them…I do not feel sorry for Cobb and the capital losses on his retirement accounts. He’s made his bed and he can sleep it. And he seems to do so quite comfortably.

Perhaps the most intriguing piece of information Cobb shared with Jetton was that he won’t be in the White House “for long.” He didn’t explain that any further. But if he continues to have these sorts of exchanges with people he doesn’t know, that prediction will likely prove correct.

Timeline

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2017/09/trumps-russia-scandal-lawyer-says-hes-one-of-the-adults-in-the-white-house/

"I was catfished"

who did he think he was talking to? Bizarre. Why does he have a gov email address?

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Jacque67 said:

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2017/09/trumps-russia-scandal-lawyer-says-hes-one-of-the-adults-in-the-white-house/

"I was catfished"

who did he think he was talking to? Bizarre. Why does he have a gov email address?

he gets one as part of the adults in the room club

ftiq8me9uwr01.jpg