Marry American

Who lives in the Long Island area???

15 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Who lives in Long Island??? Or near an Ikea??? The reason I want to know is because I have a bed called the allerum. I purchased it from an Ikea. I need a new covering for it, but they are sold out in all of the locations near me.

Wondering if someone could pick it up for me and ship it to me. I know it is a long shot VJ, but I can wire or send the money and shipping cost ahead of time.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Who lives in Long Island??? Or near an Ikea??? The reason I want to know is because I have a bed called the allerum. I purchased it from an Ikea. I need a new covering for it, but they are sold out in all of the locations near me.

Wondering if someone could pick it up for me and ship it to me. I know it is a long shot VJ, but I can wire or send the money and shipping cost ahead of time.

Did you try going to their website at www.ikea.com and see if they have it for purchase on their site?

Joseph

us.jpgKarolina

AOS application received Chicago - 11/12/2007

Timeline

Did you try going to their website at www.ikea.com and see if they have it for purchase on their site?

It is not available for home shopping. The bed and cover is discontinued. So it is only available at a few stores that still have them left. They will not let me purchase it over the phone. You have to go to the store and purchase it.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

The nearest Ikea to me is 75 miles away in Sacramento, California. I'll give them a call tomorrow for you if I have time. What are the exact specifications you're looking for? Is it a queen-sized, etc. Give me as much detail as you can so I know what to ask for.

Joseph

us.jpgKarolina

AOS application received Chicago - 11/12/2007

You check out the Ikea in Hicksville?

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

Timeline
The nearest Ikea to me is 75 miles away in Sacramento, California. I'll give them a call tomorrow for you if I have time. What are the exact specifications you're looking for? Is it a queen-sized, etc. Give me as much detail as you can so I know what to ask for.

Here is the item number-50084648. Seventy-five miles is way out there. I appreciate your kindness, but although I want and really need it, I would not ask you to go out of your way like that. Thanks!!! :)

Met the ole man in January 1998

Jan. 2004: K1 visa issued ~ April 2004: Got on a plane ~ Nov. 2004: GC in my mucky hands ~ Dec. 2006: Received 10 YR GC

September 2008 - US passport delivered!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

Ikea won't ship? I am close to Hicksville and I believe they will ship the item from a different location if they are out of stock...

I would definitely try ebay though-you may find one under market value. If you aren't lucky, or if IKEA won't ship-PM me, and I will do my best to help you.

Rose

"I have spread my dreams under your feet

Tread softly because you tread on my dreams"

-Yeats

Timeline

That is it. It is about $90 at the store.

Do you trust Ebay??? If so this would be a great way to purchase this. Thanks for looking out :yes:

Ikea won't ship? I am close to Hicksville and I believe they will ship the item from a different location if they are out of stock...

I would definitely try ebay though-you may find one under market value. If you aren't lucky, or if IKEA won't ship-PM me, and I will do my best to help you.

Rose

Thank you very much Rose. They will not ship it or send it to another store. You have to go to the store and pick it up.

I wanted to at least call and see if they have it in stock for you ;)

Thank you. You do not find many people in this world today that go out of their way for people. I will see if I can figure out Ebay first. Do you think it is totally trustworthy???

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Never had a problem with E-Bay personally (check out the seller and make sure he/she doesn't have negative feedback, and watch out for shipping costs, and ask questions first not later). Hubby had an issue around our wedding (we wanted to get Chuck Taylor shoes for our wedding gear), the money came out of his acount but the shoes never showed. Paypal gave him his money back. It's a great way to purchase stuff I figure and pretty safe/reliable.

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Timeline
Never had a problem with E-Bay personally (check out the seller and make sure he/she doesn't have negative feedback, and watch out for shipping costs, and ask questions first not later). Hubby had an issue around our wedding (we wanted to get Chuck Taylor shoes for our wedding gear), the money came out of his acount but the shoes never showed. Paypal gave him his money back. It's a great way to purchase stuff I figure and pretty safe/reliable.

Thanks!! It looks like I will be going that route. :yes:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Hey girly, I live 15 min away from Ikea in Elizabeth. I will be going to the mall Sunday and can check for you if you want. I'll PM you my number if you don't feel comfortable with Ebay call me and I'll check it out for ya.

1st K-1 Journey:

June 2005 - filed

October 2005 - visa interview

March 2006 - AOS packet mailed

DIVORCED

June 2007 - Interview

2008 - 10 year approval

--------

2nd K-1 Journey:

07/28/07 - AOS paperwork mailed

07/30/07 - Received at lockbox

09/18/07 - Biometrics

10/15/07 - Transferred to CSC

01/09/08 - AOS approved w/o interivew

11/01/09 - Lift conditions

11/01/10 - interview to lift conditions/10-yr card

01/01/10 - 10 year approval

DIVORCED

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

Same for me Jules-I am about 15 mins away from Hicksville myself and would be happy to pick it up.

Let me know, and we'll take it from there !!!

:)

"I have spread my dreams under your feet

Tread softly because you tread on my dreams"

-Yeats

Timeline
Same for me Jules-I am about 15 mins away from Hicksville myself and would be happy to pick it up.

Let me know, and we'll take it from there !!!

:)

Thank you so much for your offer. I really appreciate it. That was very very kind of you.

Also, I want to thank everyone else for your suggestions and your offers. I worked it out for someone from VJ to pick it up for me. (F)