Amica Nostra

Don't waste money on a wall, when our roads and bridges are crumbling

63 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, jg121783 said:

So you condone violence. As long as it is left wing violence. I don't condone violence from either side period. I believe in following the law not vigilantism, mob rule or anarchy. That is the difference between me and you I guess.

didn't know you were a pacifist. by the way..wrong thread.

1 hour ago, cyberfx1024 said:

Yeah but takes away a lane from the highway to put it as a toll lane. I understand in some places it could be a good thing but in a far number of cases it isn't a good thing. I live here in the Los Angeles Metro area and I have seen a fully congested freeway next to an empty toll lane. How does that make sense? 

There are no toll lanes on the Pike. They have an overhead camera system. Nobody has to stop and pay. They bill you, you can buy an EZPass transponder and it reads it as you drive thru the camera section. 

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

1 minute ago, spookyturtle said:

There are no toll lanes on the Pike. They have an overhead camera system. Nobody has to stop and pay. They bill you, you can buy an EZPass transponder and it reads it as you drive thru the camera section. 

Yeah but is that whole highway a toll highway? They have the overhead camera system here as well with the EXPass transponder as well.That reminds me I have to pay my Orange County Toll amount. 

Just now, cyberfx1024 said:

Yeah but is that whole highway a toll highway? They have the overhead camera system here as well with the EXPass transponder as well.That reminds me I have to pay my Orange County Toll amount. 

I-90 is a toll road here, aka the Massachusetts Turnpike

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

Just now, spookyturtle said:

I believe when cyberfx says "toll highway" he is referring to what we call an HOV/Carpool lane like we have on I-93.

1 hour ago, Teddy B said:

Ah, okay. Why do they still bother with any toll lanes, why not just take license plate pics and bill the drivers if they don't have an E-Z Pass? That's what they do here now.

1 hour ago, Teddy B said:

Okay, yes an HOV or Carpool lane we have them here too. Here any car that uses the HOV/Carpool Lane lane is required to have a minimum of 2 occupants in the car or you can be fined. There have been numerous people stopped in the HOV lanes here driving with dressed up mannequins and dummies as the 2nd occupant. Some of them actually look pretty good.

Yeah it's basically like a Carpool lane but what's weird is that on the 405/101/105 freeways they are the HOV/Carpool lanes with NO tolls at all. But on the 110/710/10 freeways they are basically 1 SINGLE LANE that is a toll lane that is free if you are carpooling WITH EZ pass. I don't have the EZ pass but I usually just pay the toll electronically at the end of my trip within 7 days to not get a fine. 

Also what some people are doing to get out of being charged for the tolls is that they are putting dealer tags on their car and driving through it like that. No they don't get stopped either. 

toll%20lanes-freeway-los%20angeles-express%20lanes.jpg

Edited by cyberfx1024

4 minutes ago, spookyturtle said:

Ahhh ok, see I have never been up that way before so I wouldn't know. The further-est North I have been is NYC, and even that was for Fleet Week and we took a Navy Ship up there. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

With Mexico being one of the highest crime Nations in the world, we must have THE WALL. Mexico will pay for it through reimbursement/other.

5:44 AM - 27 Aug 2017

reimburse other is now an official fiscal tool for the US Government.  Now we just need to build the wall with the $125.00 in Petty cash / 160,000 times reimbursement

ftiq8me9uwr01.jpg

Timeline
10 minutes ago, cyberfx1024 said:

Ahhh ok, see I have never been up that way before so I wouldn't know. The further-est North I have been is NYC, and even that was for Fleet Week and we took a Navy Ship up there. 

Did you have the pleasure of driving the wonderfully tolled Thruway?

1 minute ago, IAMX said:

Did you have the pleasure of driving the wonderfully tolled Thruway?

Since I was with the Marines we didn't drive anywhere, and what sucked is unless we had family or an event somewhere we were not allowed off Manhattan. I did take a boat taxi before and a bus to city hall for some meeting at the time(I don't really remember because I was drunk). 

Timeline
8 minutes ago, cyberfx1024 said:

Since I was with the Marines we didn't drive anywhere, and what sucked is unless we had family or an event somewhere we were not allowed off Manhattan. I did take a boat taxi before and a bus to city hall for some meeting at the time(I don't really remember because I was drunk). 

You didn't miss much.

11 minutes ago, IAMX said:

You didn't miss much.

The bad thing was the night before we had gone to a that was open at the time called Red Rock West and got treated like Kings. We got all the shots we could ask for and boy did we ask for them. The next morning we got roused out of the rack to try and sober up, then off we went to city hall.

It was a good time and good memories for sure. 

Fleet Week 2003, What a blast. 

Edited by cyberfx1024