CaliCat

New York Police Officers Rally in Support of Colin Kaepernick

25 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

See they put a token ethnic in the photo.

rsz_sptoken.png

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

10 hours ago, spookyturtle said:

But I live in Massachusetts, so I must be a lefty liberal Democrat. But I'm pro Second Ammendment and anti abortion, so I can't be. 

Not sure how you made it through the last round of sweeps, we'll be sure to get you next time.

Timeline

Colin can learn from a far more mature player:

Packers Ha Ha Clinton-Dix Pays Tribute to Fallen Cops by Writing Their Names on His Shoes

Normally nothing good comes from an NFL player writing messages on his shoes. However, this time around, it was the perfect thing to do.

Packers safety Ha Ha Clinton-Dix took the occasion of Sunday night’s preseason game to pay tribute to four slain police officers, including two who were killed over the weekend. Clinton-Dix wrote the names of the four officers on his shoes, and then tweeted a message of support to their families:

Added 2 more angels to my cleats in respect to families who loss Two HEROS in the community. #SAMHOWARD #MATTHEWBAXTER #RIP 👮🏾‍♀️👮🏾👮🏿👮🏻 pic.twitter.com/JLT0ZxETWu

— Ha Ha Clinton-Dix (@haha_cd6) August 19, 2017

Clinton-Dix’s dedication to law enforcement can be explained by taking a look at his background.

According to Pro Football Talk, “Clinton-Dix was a criminal justice major during his three years playing football at Alabama and is continuing to work on his degree in the offseasons.”

http://www.breitbart.com/sports/2017/08/22/packers-ha-ha-clinton-dix-pays-tribute-fallen-cops-writing-names-shoes/

Timeline
On 8/22/2017 at 8:26 AM, Teddy B said:

Not sure how you made it through the last round of sweeps, we'll be sure to get you next time.

He's probably disabled location services in his Obamaphone. That's the only way to evade the leftie (which is the opposite of right) police. LOL.

Timeline

NCAAP, Linda Sarsour Stage Pro-Kaepernick Rally in Front of NFL’s NYC Headquarters

As the media frenzy over the continued unemployment of national anthem protester Colin Kaepernick goes on, the NAACP rallied in support of the former 49er today at the league’s New York headquarters. Among others, activist Linda Sarsour joined the NAACP at the rally.

The NAACP dubbed their pro-Kaepernick event, the “United We Stand” march. Kaepernick spent the whole of the 2016 NFL season sitting or kneeling in protest of the national anthem, becoming a hero to groups like Black Lives Matter and others.

Kaepernick, who declared his free agency at the end of last season, found little interest in his services as the 2017 pre-season geared up. Thus far, the 29-year-old is still on the sidelines and left unsigned by any NFL team.

Kaepernick’s unemployment has now become a focus for activists who insist that the only reason he has not been signed this year is because the NFL is “racist.”

The player is welcoming a growing list of supporters including the NCAAP who recently sent a letter demanding that the NFL sign Kaepernick.

http://www.breitbart.com/sports/2017/08/23/ncaap-linda-sarsour-stage-pro-kaepernick-rally-front-nfl-nyc-headquarters/

Apparently social justice should be the platform for a league of professionals. 

Here's an idea NAACP: SJWFL.

Go for it, and then blame everyone for being racist when they don't watch it. :lol:

Timeline

NFL execs, coaches on why Colin Kaepernick remains unsigned

Much has changed over the past 12 months for former San Francisco 49ersquarterback Colin Kaepernick. What has not changed is the way NFL coaches and evaluators view him as a player -- one notable takeaway from my fourth annual QB Tiers survey.

The 2017 QB Tiers survey asked 50 coaches and evaluators to place 36 quarterbacks in one of five performance tiers, with Tier 1 signifying the best and Tier 5 the worst. Kaepernick came in 29th with a 3.88 average, placing him ahead of six potential starters. The 2016 QB Tiers poll, conducted before Kaepernick's first anthem protest, had him 28th, with a 3.83 average.

Takeaway No. 1: Kaepernick would be on a roster right now if he were a similarly talented player at a different position

A long and growing list of players have declined to stand for pregame anthems. As the Fort Worth Star-Telegram detailed, nearly all of them remain on rosters. RB Arian Foster retired. That leaves Kaepernick, the only quarterback to use the anthem as a protest vehicle.

"Another guy at another position exercises that same right, he probably doesn't get the same feedback as the guy who is supposed to be the All-American guy at quarterback," a personnel director said. "I don't think that should have kept him from getting a job or coming in and competing. He made his statement, he was recognized for making that statement, and some people jumped on board with him and others were against his stance, but he made his point. Now you move on to the next thing."

It hasn't worked out that way so far.

"It is really not about his ability," an exec said. "It's about the risk of what happens to the team concept when you sign a guy -- a quarterback -- who has put his personal agenda ahead of what we are all charged to do, which is put the team first. As a team builder, I cannot risk that happening again, especially for a borderline starter who needs the entire offense catered to his style.

"Tom Brady or Philip Rivers would never consider making a stand on something like that, and it's just because it's not the place. I don't disparage what he did. I understand and I'm all for people standing up for a cause, just not while they're at work."

A personnel director said he agrees with Seahawks CB Richard Sherman's take, that Kaepernick is unsigned because teams want to keep players in their place.

"I think Kaepernick refuses to not be himself, in a way," this director said.

Takeaway No. 2: Some in the league question whether Kaepernick is serious about continuing his career in the NFL

These questions arose before Kaepernick first protested during the anthem. An offensive coordinator quoted in the 2016 QB Tiers survey said watching Kaepernick talk about football made him think something was missing and that the QB may have lost the desire to play. This was after reports surfaced that suggested Kaepernick had become increasingly distant.

A 2017 QB Tiers voter raised similar questions this offseason.

"Everyone else is worried about him working, but I never hear him say how much he wants to work," this voter said. "That hits a chord. People want to hear, 'I want to work in the league, I want to work for you, I want to do this more than anything.' It's like with Tim Tebow -- he'd rather be on the outside switching sports than be relegated to the [third team] and getting 20 percent of the reps."

Takeaway No. 3: What Pete Carroll said sounded weird, but there was something to it

Carroll said his Seahawks passed on signing Kaepernick as a backup in part because Kaepernick was better-suited to being a starter. But wait, wouldn't every team want a starting-caliber player in a backup role? The answer is not always yes when it comes to quarterbacks.

The Dolphins were content going into the season with No. 2 quarterback Matt Moore as a supportive mentor and sounding board for Ryan Tannehill. That didn't mean Moore was their second choice to start all season if an injury struck down Tannehill; in fact, the Dolphins signed Jay Cutler to be their starter after losing Tannehill. Instead, it meant the Dolphins preferred the Tannehill-Moore dynamic as long as Tannehill was starting. The same was true in Minnesota when Shaun Hill was the backup for Teddy Bridgewater. The minute Bridgewater suffered a catastrophic injury, the Vikings traded for Sam Bradford.

No. 2 quarterbacks are not necessarily the 33rd-ranked through 64th-ranked quarterbacks in the world, in other words. They are frequently developmental draft choices or supportive veteran backups with no future starting prospects.

"As far as his prospects as a backup, I don't think he is being blackballed in terms of rich white owners saying, 'We are not hiring this guy,'" a defensive coordinator said. "I think coaches are like, 'Look, if this kid is not starting for us, why are you bringing in distractions not for a starter? We have a pretty good sort of locker room and mesh here. What is the risk-reward?' I don't think anyone is to the point of making him the starter, and that is the bubble he is getting caught in."

Colin Kaepernick's skill set is such that he might not be a great fit for an NFL team as a backup. Neville E. Guard-USA TODAY Sports

Takeaway No. 4: Skill set is a factor

Many voters said they see Kaepernick as a Tier 3 player in a system designed for him, and a Tier 4-5 player outside that framework. They also said teams won't tailor their offenses for Kaepernick if he is only a backup.

"I like the arm strength and I like the athleticism, but the worst thing that happened with him was when people tried to make him a pocket passer," a personnel director said. "He is much better when he can waggle or boot and do some of those things."

Takeaway No. 5: This situation is simple and complicated at once

Simple because, bottom line, Kaepernick would have a job if there were no protest element. Complicated, because there are additional factors narrowing the chances that Kaepernick will sign.

"I do not think he is done," a head coach without a quarterback opening said. "I think he can still play. He is awkward. People want a certain look."

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/20422146/nfl-execs-coaches-offer-insights-why-colin-kaepernick-remains-unsigned

A somewhat-reasonable article, for a change.

Timeline

Jim Brown criticizes Kaepernick-style protests: 'I don't desecrate my flag'

Pro Football Hall of Famer and Cleveland Browns legend Jim Brown panned current football players who choose to protest during the playing of the Star Spangled Banner, saying “I don’t desecrate my flag and my national anthem.”

Brown, who fought for social causes throughout his career, told ThePostGame.com he empathizes with jobless quarterback Colin Kaepernick, who began the trend of kneeling during the anthem last season when he played for the San Francisco 49ers. But Brown said Kaepernick and other players who demonstrate – such as a dozen Cleveland players who knelt Monday – are going about their crusade the wrong way.

“I’m going to give you the real deal: I’m an American,” Brown said. “I don’t desecrate my flag and my national anthem. I’m not gonna do anything against the flag and national anthem. I’m going to work within those situations. But this is my country, and I’ll work out the problems, but I’ll do it in an intelligent manner.”

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/08/25/jim-brown-criticizes-kaepernick-style-protests-dont-desecrate-my-flag.html

Too much intelligence.

Timeline

Great news for Kaepernick.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000834426/article/jaguars-owner-absolutely-open-to-signing-kaepernick

While Colin Kaepernick's long search for work rages on, the free-agent quarterback has earned the support of Shad Khan.

The Jaguars owner came forward Thursday night to say that he "absolutely" would sign Kaepernick if the team's football personnel wanted to do so, per Mike Dempsey of 1010 XL/92.5 FM in Jacksonville.

Kaepernick has failed to find a suitor after parting ways with the 49ers in March. His high-profile decision to kneel during the national anthem last season in protest of the treatment of minorities in the United States might have turned off some league owners, but not in Jacksonville.

While Khan made it clear he personally wouldn't choose to protest the anthem, he emphasized that he respected Kaepernick's right to express himselfas an American.

Khan reiterated he was "open to anything" that would make the Jaguars a better team, but Dempsey noted that "it seems clear ... the football people in the organization don't feel like" Kaepernick is currently the answer to the quarterback issues.

That could change in a hurry if the team continues to get low-level, mistake-prone play out of Blake Bortles and Chad Henne.

With Henne earning the start Thursday against Carolina, it's fair to wonder if Bortles could emerge as a surprising cut candidate come September, something NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport noted as a genuine possibility for the 2014 first-rounder.

If that's how it plays out in Jacksonville, the Jaguars -- and their open-minded owner -- would make plenty of sense as a long-awaited landing spot for Kaepernick.

Go Jags!

Snow is expected in Jacksonville. 

Edited by CaliCat

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Kaepernick still jobless, even Osweiler being taken back by the Broncos over Krappernick:

The Reactions To Brock Osweiler Getting Signed Before Kaepernick Are Gold

Brock Osweiler is headed back to the Denver Broncos, and people are not happy he got picked up before Colin Kaepernick.

Osweiler, who played for the Broncos two seasons ago, was resigned by Denver almost immediately following getting cut by the Cleveland Browns.

As you can imagine, people were not happy Osweiler has a job and Kaepernick doesn’t.

Brock Osweiler has a job and Colin Kaepernick does not. Just let that sink in. #Kaepernick #BrockOsweiler

— Ashley Galpin (@AGalpin1) September 3, 2017

I think Kaepernick + Broncos D would give them 11 wins.
But no, go ahead, sign Osweiler.

— mike freeman (@mikefreemanNFL) September 2, 2017

Brock

Osweiler

Got

A

Job

Before

Colin

Kaepernick

And

Yall

Know

Exactly

What

The

That

Means

— IT’S CORREA DAY (@sportynory) September 2, 2017

Broncos fans getting ready to fight Kaepernick Twitter when Osweiler is officially signed pic.twitter.com/5yZAX8ENoS

— Riley Auman (@junioraumanac) September 2, 2017

Broncos about to sign back Brock Osweiler …. owners trolling Kaepernick at this point

— (@RyanTheHoly) September 2, 2017

when Kaepernick fans see the Broncos would rather bring back Brock Osweiler than sign Kaep pic.twitter.com/h5skcW6HgA

— Andrew Luck (@FauxAndyLuck) September 2, 2017

The internet never fails to impress and entertain me. This is too good. Obviously Osweiler got signed by the Broncos because he knows the system and is familiar with team. As for Kaepernick, he might not even be good enough to start in the NFL, and people are upset Osweiler went back to his old team.

http://dailycaller.com/2017/09/03/the-reactions-to-brock-osweiler-getting-signed-before-kaepernick-are-gold/

Kaepernick also passed up by the Jaguars:

Coughlin gives revealing non-answer for Kaepernick refusal

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. — Tom Coughlin says the Jacksonville Jaguars weren’t interested in signing free agent quarterback Colin Kaepernick.

“No. We did the study, the research, and we weren’t interested,” Coughlin said Saturday.

Asked to explain the reasons, Coughlin added, “I’m not explaining it.”

http://nypost.com/2017/09/02/tom-coughlin-not-explaining-why-jaguars-passed-on-kaepernick/

:rofl::rofl:

Loving it. :lol:

Edited by IAMX