Dashinka

What if the DNC Russian “hack” was really a leak after all? A new report raises questions media and Democrats would rather ignore

39 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

A group of intelligence pros and forensic investigators tell The Nation there was no hack— the media ignores it 

Danielle Ryan Tuesday August 15, 2017

Last week the respected left-liberal magazine The Nation published an explosive article that details in great depth the findings of a new report — authored in large part by former U.S. intelligence officers — which claims to present forensic evidence that the Democratic National Committee was not hacked by the Russians in July 2016. Instead, the report alleges, the DNC suffered an insider leak, conducted in the Eastern time zone of the United States by someone with physical access to a DNC computer.

This report also claims there is no apparent evidence that the hacker known as Guccifer 2.0 — supposedly based in Romania — hacked the DNC on behalf of the Russian government. There is also no evidence, the report’s authors say, that Guccifer handed documents over to WikiLeaks. Instead, the report says that the evidence and timeline of events suggests that Guccifer may have been conjured up in an attempt to deflect from the embarrassing information about Hillary Clinton’s presidential campaign that was released just before the Democratic National Convention. The investigators found that some of the “Guccifer” files had been deliberately altered by copying and pasting the text into a “Russianified” word-processing document with Russian-language settings.

If all this is true, these findings would constitute a massive embarrassment for not only the DNC itself but the media, which has breathlessly pushed the Russian hacking narrative for an entire year, almost without question but with little solid evidence to back it up.

You could easily be forgiven for not having heard about this latest development — because, perhaps to avoid potential embarrassment, the media has completely ignored it. Instead, to this point only a few right-wing sites have seen fit to publish follow-ups.

The original piece, authored by former Salon columnist Patrick Lawrence (also known as Patrick L. Smith) appeared in The Nation on Aug. 9. The findings it details are supported by a group of strongly credentialed and well-respected forensic investigators and former NSA and CIA officials. The group call themselves Veteran Intelligence Professionals for Sanity, or VIPS, and originally came together in 2003 to protest the use of faulty intelligence to justify the invasion of Iraq under President George W. Bush.

As of Aug. 12, the only well-known publications that have followed up on The Nation’s reporting are Breitbart News, the Washington Examiner and New York magazine(which described Lawrence’s article as “too incoherent to even debunk,” and therefore provided no substantial rebuttal). Bloomberg addressed the report in an op-ed by one of its regular columnists.

The silence from mainstream outlets on this is interesting, if for no other reason than the information appears in a highly-regarded liberal magazine with a reputation for vigorous and thorough reporting — not some right-wing fringe conspiracy outlet carrying water for Donald Trump.

Maybe the logic goes that if mainstream journalists leave this untouched, that alone will be enough to discredit it. True believers in the Russian hack narrative can point to Breitbart’s coverage to dismiss this new information without consideration. That is not good enough. Lawrence’s article, and the report behind it, deserves some proper attention.

http://www.salon.com/2017/08/15/what-if-the-dnc-russian-hack-was-really-a-leak-after-all-a-new-report-raises-questions-media-and-democrats-would-rather-ignore/

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
1 minute ago, IAMX said:

Maybe this is why the DNC won't cooperate. Was suspicious to begin with. 

I don't disagree.  This piece doesn't really bring forth anything new that the Nation hadn't already reported, but it did delve into the fact that the Left Wing mainstream media has largely ignored this story.  The silence is deafening.

:pop:

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Bill & Katya said:

I don't disagree.  This piece doesn't really bring forth anything new that the Nation hadn't already reported, but it did delve into the fact that the Left Wing mainstream media has largely ignored this story.  The silence is deafening.

:pop:

If something does come of this it's only going to make breitbart look that much better. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

If all this is true, these findings would constitute a massive embarrassment for not only the DNC itself but the media, which has breathlessly pushed the Russian hacking narrative for an entire year, almost without question but with little solid evidence to back it up

The dnc and the mainstream media will not be embarrassed at all. Propaganda ,distortion and lies is their specialty. They have no shame.

i saw a clip of wolf blitzer yesterday asking if the terror attack was a copycat of what happened in Virginia. 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, eieio said:

The dnc and the mainstream media will not be embarrassed at all. Propaganda ,distortion and lies is their specialty. They have no shame.

i saw a clip of wolf blitzer yesterday asking if the terror attack was a copycat of what happened in Virginia. 

He'd climax if it was wouldn't he. The idiot. 

The left has already moved on from the Russian collusion delusion. Now it's all about how Trump is a Nazi and KKK member because he denounces violence on both sides. How dare he say anything bad about antifa.

morfunphil1_zpsoja67jml.jpg

Timeline
32 minutes ago, jg121783 said:

The left has already moved on from the Russian collusion delusion.

Yes and no, when not trolling (as is done here now that the conspiracy never materialized) they still seriously throw tantrums suggesting there's some conspiracy connection between Trump and Russia. And how mightily convenient that none of the Dems relationships ever set off their alarm bells. :lol:

Now it's all about how Trump is a Nazi and KKK member because he denounces violence on both sides. How dare he say anything bad about antifa.

Yeah, it's just one conspiracy to another. 

Protip to the lefties and Dems: Trying to throw tantrums like Trump supports long gone heinous movements isn't going to help you win in 2020 any more than the Russian conspiracies will. Not that tantrum throwers will listen, they seem pretty intent on losing again 2020, and again and again until they learn.

Edited by IAMX

Mueller: "I have a policy of not going public with any elements of my investigation, but I'll make an exception for the misguided souls who are behind the curve:" http://thehill.com/policy/cybersecurity/346468-why-the-latest-theory-about-the-dnc-not-being-a-hack-is-probably-wrong

1 hour ago, Tahoma said:

Mueller: "I have a policy of not going public with any elements of my investigation, but I'll make an exception for the misguided souls who are behind the curve:" http://thehill.com/policy/cybersecurity/346468-why-the-latest-theory-about-the-dnc-not-being-a-hack-is-probably-wrong

I've noticed this seems to happen a lot. For how concerned about so called 'fake' news the right is, it's amazing how much of it they post.

995507-quote-moderation-in-all-things-an

18 hours ago, Bill & Katya said:

A group of intelligence pros and forensic investigators tell The Nation there was no hack— the media ignores it 

Danielle Ryan Tuesday August 15, 2017

Last week the respected left-liberal magazine The Nation published an explosive article that details in great depth the findings of a new report — authored in large part by former U.S. intelligence officers — which claims to present forensic evidence that the Democratic National Committee was not hacked by the Russians in July 2016. Instead, the report alleges, the DNC suffered an insider leak, conducted in the Eastern time zone of the United States by someone with physical access to a DNC computer.

This report also claims there is no apparent evidence that the hacker known as Guccifer 2.0 — supposedly based in Romania — hacked the DNC on behalf of the Russian government. There is also no evidence, the report’s authors say, that Guccifer handed documents over to WikiLeaks. Instead, the report says that the evidence and timeline of events suggests that Guccifer may have been conjured up in an attempt to deflect from the embarrassing information about Hillary Clinton’s presidential campaign that was released just before the Democratic National Convention. The investigators found that some of the “Guccifer” files had been deliberately altered by copying and pasting the text into a “Russianified” word-processing document with Russian-language settings.

If all this is true, these findings would constitute a massive embarrassment for not only the DNC itself but the media, which has breathlessly pushed the Russian hacking narrative for an entire year, almost without question but with little solid evidence to back it up.

You could easily be forgiven for not having heard about this latest development — because, perhaps to avoid potential embarrassment, the media has completely ignored it. Instead, to this point only a few right-wing sites have seen fit to publish follow-ups.

The original piece, authored by former Salon columnist Patrick Lawrence (also known as Patrick L. Smith) appeared in The Nation on Aug. 9. The findings it details are supported by a group of strongly credentialed and well-respected forensic investigators and former NSA and CIA officials. The group call themselves Veteran Intelligence Professionals for Sanity, or VIPS, and originally came together in 2003 to protest the use of faulty intelligence to justify the invasion of Iraq under President George W. Bush.

As of Aug. 12, the only well-known publications that have followed up on The Nation’s reporting are Breitbart News, the Washington Examiner and New York magazine(which described Lawrence’s article as “too incoherent to even debunk,” and therefore provided no substantial rebuttal). Bloomberg addressed the report in an op-ed by one of its regular columnists.

The silence from mainstream outlets on this is interesting, if for no other reason than the information appears in a highly-regarded liberal magazine with a reputation for vigorous and thorough reporting — not some right-wing fringe conspiracy outlet carrying water for Donald Trump.

Maybe the logic goes that if mainstream journalists leave this untouched, that alone will be enough to discredit it. True believers in the Russian hack narrative can point to Breitbart’s coverage to dismiss this new information without consideration. That is not good enough. Lawrence’s article, and the report behind it, deserves some proper attention.

http://www.salon.com/2017/08/15/what-if-the-dnc-russian-hack-was-really-a-leak-after-all-a-new-report-raises-questions-media-and-democrats-would-rather-ignore/

Maybe it's called logic for a reason.

995507-quote-moderation-in-all-things-an