Umka36

Trump just cited a debunked story about a general who shot Muslims with bullets dipped in pigs' blood to send a message to terrorists

72 posts in this topic

Filed: F-1 Visa Country:
Timeline

I still can't figure out Trump.  The things he says are just beyond stupidity. It makes me wonder wether it's purposely. Obviously its all over the news ( he dominates headlines all over the world) and I can't imagine that there is no one who urges him to check the facts before he throws out a tweet into the world. 

image-2017-12-29 (1).jpg

Timeline
2 hours ago, Teddy B said:

I believe Trump is accurately representing the people that voted for him.

I know several Trump voters, they truly believe that they had to choose between two evils: Clinton or Trump. 

It's sad, cause I don't see any progress for America with Trump. He is only going to add more division. Clinton I don't know. I never liked her after her role in the debacle that turned Syria into IS territory. But I guess that's not the reason why Trump voters didn't vote for her.

image-2017-12-29 (1).jpg

Timeline
Just now, Beachlover said:

I know several Trump voters, they truly believe that they had to choose between two evils: Clinton or Trump. 

It's sad, cause I don't see any progress for America with Trump. He is only going to add more division. Clinton I don't know. I never liked her after her role in the debacle that turned Syria into IS territory. But I guess that's not the reason why Trump voters didn't vote for her.

For people that put Trump over the top in the rust belt/blue wall states, the key was jobs.

Was a simple formula:

- Clinton bashed industries of production (products, energy, etc.), which have already been hit hard over the last several decades. She avoided campaigning in these areas, further adding to the obvious disconnect, until she realized she was about to lose an election, then had Obama go to these states to try and rescue her unsuccessfully. #StrongFemale

- Trump went to these very areas and told them everything they wanted to hear, and showed he actually gave a fig. This used to be Bush territory but Obama swiped it away for the same reasons, Bush was as strong an exporter of jobs as Clinton, and Obama made people think he was gonna bring their jobs back. Obama turned into an exporter of jobs, so they went to Trump.

While there's a lot of other political issues, an issue like jobs will dramatically sway the way people vote.

Timeline
5 minutes ago, IAMX said:

While there's a lot of other political issues, an issue like jobs will dramatically sway the way people vote.

Interesting, I never heard this as an argument from my friends. I'm sure there were other reasons but what they tell me and what I've observed is they voted Trump to get rid of Obamacare, to get Hillary Clinton arrested, to put an end on BLM. They believe ( I'm not long enough to have an opinion about that) that Obama created a division between ethnic groups and that BLM is the tool.

It's a very complicated matter, some things I agree with. Example is during one of my classes I had a professor who used the lecture to shove her political views down our throats. Anyone who didn't agree would meet her fury. That's straight up wrong. I'm not paying thousands of dollars to be thought how to think.

But overall I don't agree with their ( my friends) views. I just don't understand why they call everyone who is a democrat a communist or a leftist. 

In my opinion the knife cuts both sides and I observe a lot of disrespect and irrational behavior towards each other ( left versus right) and both sides claim the other side is lying and manipulating facts.

As an outsider it's sometimes extremely surrealistic.Especially now with Twitter-happy Trump.

image-2017-12-29 (1).jpg

Timeline
1 minute ago, Beachlover said:

Interesting, I never heard this as an argument from my friends. I'm sure there were other reasons but what they tell me and what I've observed is they voted Trump to get rid of Obamacare, to get Hillary Clinton arrested, to put an end on BLM. They believe ( I'm not long enough to have an opinion about that) that Obama created a division between ethnic groups and that BLM is the tool.

It's a very complicated matter, some things I agree with. Example is during one of my classes I had a professor who used the lecture to shove her political views down our throats. Anyone who didn't agree would meet her fury. That's straight up wrong. I'm not paying thousands of dollars to be thought how to think.

But overall I don't agree with their ( my friends) views. I just don't understand why they call everyone who is a democrat a communist or a leftist. 

In my opinion the knife cuts both sides and I observe a lot of disrespect and irrational behavior towards each other ( left versus right) and both sides claim the other side is lying and manipulating facts.

As an outsider it's sometimes extremely surrealistic.Especially now with Twitter-happy Trump.

Obamacare was large issue in certain states but for the states that flipped to Trump it was unambiguously his efforts to bring back production jobs. Clinton showed an extremely disconnected attitude toward them as evidenced by her ignoring these states post-DNC and by the idiocy of attacking their jobs when talking to leftist crowds as if people don't record things and use it later. Her campaign was just stupid. Bernie would have stood a far better chance but the DNC had decided to anoint Clinton the de facto Democrat representative. A similar job was done on Dennis Kucinich, a very liberal Democrat who I think would have been very underrated. 

1 hour ago, Beachlover said:

I still can't figure out Trump.  The things he says are just beyond stupidity. It makes me wonder wether it's purposely. Obviously its all over the news ( he dominates headlines all over the world) and I can't imagine that there is no one who urges him to check the facts before he throws out a tweet into the world. 

It's simple. We've seen it several times now. A story gets debunked. Trump decides to rebunk it. There is a pattern there, essentially, Trump is full of bunk.  

995507-quote-moderation-in-all-things-an

Timeline
2 hours ago, Steeleballz said:

It's simple. We've seen it several times now. A story gets debunked. Trump decides to rebunk it. There is a pattern there, essentially, Trump is full of bunk.  

I don't read much newspapers nowadays, exactly for those reasons. Once in awhile I do so and then I regret it. 

image-2017-12-29 (1).jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

one post removed along with 3 quoting.

for the member who violated TOS - next instance of calling a member an idiot gets
tenor.gif

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Trump: "I alienated the republican congress, my agenda is in tatters, the West Wing is in chaos, I lost the business community, I'm running out of people to lash out at, and I'm having to fire everyone around me because none of that is my fault.  At least I have my loyal KKK base and Putin still on my side.  And by the way, that story about Pershing is true, no matter what the FAKE media says!!!"

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Israel
Timeline
On 8/18/2017 at 1:44 PM, LionessDeon said:

All the left/right stereotyping is BS.  I've never believed in stereotypes and generalizations anyway.  You may have similar beliefs and traits but no 2 people are, say, think, feel, or do the exact same things ALL the time.

I never even knew I was considered "the left" until recently.  I just had certain viewpoints.  I see both sides.  I can relate to issues and the ideas of both.  I'd like to think common sense and logic prevail with me.  Everyone else can do and think as they please.  All the back and forth accusations gets really old.

We welcome you to the one and only real and true MOR club. Grab a seat, there's coffee or water in the kitchen and some snacks in the pantry.

Edited by OriZ
09/14/2012: Sent I-130
10/04/2012: NOA1 Received
12/11/2012: NOA2 Received
12/18/2012: NVC Received Case
01/08/2013: Received Case Number/IIN; DS-3032/I-864 Bill
01/08/2013: DS-3032 Sent
01/18/2013: DS-3032 Accepted; Received IV Bill
01/23/2013: Paid I-864 Bill; Paid IV Bill
02/05/2013: IV Package Sent
02/18/2013: AOS Package Sent
03/22/2013: Case complete
05/06/2013: Interview Scheduled

06/05/2013: Visa issued!

06/28/2013: VISA RECEIVED

07/09/2013: POE - EWR. Went super fast and easy. 5 minutes of waiting and then just a signature and finger print.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

05/06/2016: One month late - overnighted form N-400.

06/01/2016: Original Biometrics appointment, had to reschedule due to being away.

07/01/2016: Biometrics Completed.

08/17/2016: Interview scheduled & approved.

09/16/2016: Scheduled oath ceremony.

09/16/2016: THE END - 4 year long process all done!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Israel
Timeline
1 minute ago, IAMX said:

MOR, Independent, doesn't matter.. you're still a Nazi white supremacist MDR to lefties. :yes:

Or mocked as an "independent" wink wink.

09/14/2012: Sent I-130
10/04/2012: NOA1 Received
12/11/2012: NOA2 Received
12/18/2012: NVC Received Case
01/08/2013: Received Case Number/IIN; DS-3032/I-864 Bill
01/08/2013: DS-3032 Sent
01/18/2013: DS-3032 Accepted; Received IV Bill
01/23/2013: Paid I-864 Bill; Paid IV Bill
02/05/2013: IV Package Sent
02/18/2013: AOS Package Sent
03/22/2013: Case complete
05/06/2013: Interview Scheduled

06/05/2013: Visa issued!

06/28/2013: VISA RECEIVED

07/09/2013: POE - EWR. Went super fast and easy. 5 minutes of waiting and then just a signature and finger print.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

05/06/2016: One month late - overnighted form N-400.

06/01/2016: Original Biometrics appointment, had to reschedule due to being away.

07/01/2016: Biometrics Completed.

08/17/2016: Interview scheduled & approved.

09/16/2016: Scheduled oath ceremony.

09/16/2016: THE END - 4 year long process all done!

Timeline
On 8/18/2017 at 1:44 PM, LionessDeon said:

I don't think those things prevent acknowledgement of his presidency.  He has to be president to nuke people or get impeached.  I've never once said he isn't president.  Unfortunately he is lol.  All the left/right stereotyping is BS.  I've never believed in stereotypes and generalizations anyway.  You may have similar beliefs and traits but no 2 people are, say, think, feel, or do the exact same things ALL the time.

I never even knew I was considered "the left" until recently.  I just had certain viewpoints.  I see both sides.  I can relate to issues and the ideas of both.  I'd like to think common sense and logic prevail with me.  Everyone else can do and think as they please.  All the back and forth accusations gets really old.

I think they kind of enjoy it. Seriously, first I thought #######? But I realize it's sort a cultural sport: who can bash the other side the hardest.

It makes me wanna grab my popcorn and watch.

image-2017-12-29 (1).jpg