Umka36

Trump just cited a debunked story about a general who shot Muslims with bullets dipped in pigs' blood to send a message to terrorists

72 posts in this topic

Filed: F-1 Visa Country:
Timeline

He is the President, they ( you are referring to as being snowflakes) are not. He is representing America to the rest of the world, they are not.

Sometimes I feel like I ended up in the movie "Idiocracy".

image-2017-12-29 (1).jpg

I can see why people think that Pershing did this during the Moro Rebellion. It ended up not being true but it served it's purpose of scaring the Moros to not rebel against the US Army at the time. Yes, I know my history because I have done extensive research on this subject because my wife is from the same main island as the rebellion took place. 

Edited by cyberfx1024

57 minutes ago, Beachlover said:

What are Moros? Never mind, should have Googled first.

That is what the Spaniards and later the USA called the Muslim Filipinos. It is technically not accurate at all because it is very loosely based just off religion rather than actual ethnicity. But if you want to know more I would suggest reading:

https://www.amazon.com/Moro-War-Insurgency-Philippine-1902-1913-ebook/dp/B005CVMIA2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1503010297&sr=8-1&keywords=moro+rebellion

or 

https://www.amazon.com/MOROLAND-History-Uncle-Moros-1899-ebook/dp/B002JPJCV2/ref=pd_sim_351_3?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=3Y76B2WE06YAM6MT9BMC

I was curious because my wife is from that island so I wanted to learn more about it. But there are a couple armed groups down in Mindanao that have Moro as apart of there name just as the MILF,BIFF, or the MNLF.

Edited by cyberfx1024

Filed: F-1 Visa Country:
Timeline

Thank you for clarifying, I looked it up. Reason why I asked is because that's how the Spanish called the Muslims when they claimed Spain between 711-1492.

image-2017-12-29 (1).jpg

1 hour ago, cyberfx1024 said:

I can see why people think that Pershing did this during the Moro Rebellion. It ended up not being true but it served it's purpose of scaring the Moros to not rebel against the US Army at the time. Yes, I know my history because I have done extensive research on this subject because my wife is from the same main island as the rebellion took place. 

Key point, it wasn't true. Why does it come up in a tweet now though? After he just made a big deal about taking time to confirm the facts before tweeting. With Trump time isn't the issue, facts are.

995507-quote-moderation-in-all-things-an

1 hour ago, Beachlover said:

Thank you for clarifying, I looked it up. Reason why I asked is because that's how the Spanish called the Muslims when they claimed Spain between 711-1492.

Yeah that's what it originally came from. So the US just kept saying it.