2,746 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
37 minutes ago, Jhonny said:

At this moment, even if it is a RFE I would be happy, I just want they open my case! Good luck with your NOA2!

Stay in good spirits ..everything will be ok thats what I keep telling myself

39 minutes ago, Jhonny said:

At this moment, even if it is a RFE I would be happy, I just want they open my case! Good luck with your NOA2!

You WILL get there soon. Sending positivity from the tropics! 

2 minutes ago, Jer1234 said:

August 16 potomac filer still no noa2 and its march:(hopefully soon) wife checks the mail Every day..good day to all n good luck

August 29th here, Potomac as well... No NOA2 yet... and when I called USCIS on friday and spoke to Tier 2 officer, he said doesnt seem like your case has been assigned to any officer yet...my hopes for soon approval died right there....

43 minutes ago, Caterpillar8 said:

In our case, we live together overseas so my mother-in-law will get the mailed NOA2 but always hoping to receive a notification before that! Would be cool haha :D Anyways,  whenever I see an approval or RFE from my side I will update VJ. :)

Actually, even though I was mad that my receipt number didn't work the whole time, I realised that getting to know the approval through the hardcopy mail was a more pleasant surprise. Because by the time the mail arrives, your case would probably have been sent off to NVC (if your service centre is quick, like mine!) so it's actually gone on to the next stage the whole time you didn't know! :D I don't know if that sounds silly, but well, I comforted myself that way. Haha! 

Just now, ms_bobdog said:

Actually, even though I was mad that my receipt number didn't work the whole time, I realised that getting to know the approval through the hardcopy mail was a more pleasant surprise. Because by the time the mail arrives, your case would probably have been sent off to NVC (if your service centre is quick, like mine!) so it's actually gone on to the next stage the whole time you didn't know! :D I don't know if that sounds silly, but well, I comforted myself that way. Haha! 

In theory yeah, in practice not really because NVC is now backlogged and it takes circa 1 month before they give you a case number, but yeah I agree with you :)

Just now, Caterpillar8 said:

In theory yeah, in practice not really because NVC is now backlogged and it takes circa 1 month before they give you a case number, but yeah I agree with you :)

I know right! Ugh... My NOA2 date was 12 February and it swiftly went off to NVC on 16 February. No case number yet. Have told the hubby to call every day to bug them. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Jane88 said:

August 29th here, Potomac as well... No NOA2 yet... and when I called USCIS on friday and spoke to Tier 2 officer, he said doesnt seem like your case has been assigned to any officer yet...my hopes for soon approval died right there....

Dont loose hope thou Jane88.when we called they said our case is in good standing n it waiting to go on an officer desk to be approved. .because there still processing April cases..kinda disappointing but we have to just keep strong n hope for d best. .dont loose hope none of us cant:) stay strong

7 minutes ago, Jane88 said:

I am so sorry, but keep your spirits up! Maybe your case will get assigned to an officer on Monday! Anything is possible!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
11 minutes ago, Jane88 said:

The fact that they haven´t assigned yet doesn´t mean that TOMORROW for example they assigned it! Think about that, visualize the adjudicator reviewing your case with a good face and stay calm! Attraction Universal LAW! Everything is going to be ok!

Edited by Jhonny

February 2016: We met in our jobs.

May 31 2016: We became a couple. :dancing:

August 16 2016: Engaged.

October 20 2016: ¡OUR WEDDING! Wooohooooo !!!!:dancing::dancing::dancing::wub:  :wub: :wub: 

CR-1 Visa Journey ... Service Center: Nebraska. Embassy: Bogotá , Colombia.

(I - 130 USCIS stage) :

Monday, August 21 2017 (Day 1) :  I - 130 sent. 

Monday, August 28 2017 (Day 7) : NOA(Received via e-mail and SMS).  :dance:

Tuesday, September 05 2017 (Day 15) NOA(hard copy I-797 received thru post mail) (PD Aug 24 2017).

Tuesday, March 13 2018 (Day 201) : USCIS issues RFE to our case . (Case opended at least) .:dance: 

Saturday, March 17 2018 (Day 205) : USCIS RFE  arrived via post mail.

Monday, March 19 2018 (Day 207) : USCIS RFE ´s answer was sent via post mail to NSC .

Thursday, March 22 2018 (Day 210) : Online Case Status changed to RFE´s answer was received .

Monday, April 2 2018 (Day 221) : ¡Approved! Online Case Status now shows Case was sent to Department of State.:dance::dancing:

(NVC Stage) :

Wednesday, April 4 2018 (Day 223) : Case Received.

Tuesday, June 5 2018 (Day 285): Case Number assigned, welcome letter received,invoice number received, DS261 filed.

Thursday, June 7 2018 (Day 287): AOS fee paid, waiting IV package fee to be unlocked to pay it.   

Thursday, June 14 2018 (Day 294): DS-261 checked and received letter, IV package fee now unlocked. 

Friday, June 15 2018 (Day 295) : IV fee paid, waiting DS-260 to be unlocked to fill it online. 

Monday, June 18 2018 (Day 298) : Full Package sent to NVC via post mail

Tuesday, June 19 2018 (Day 299): DS-260 unlocked to fill it online.

Wednesday, June 20 2018 (Day 300): DS-260 filled online.

Thursday, June 21 2018 (Day 301): Scan Date.

Monday, July 2 2018 (Day 312):  Case Completed and ready for an Interview.

Friday, July 13 2018 (Day 323): Interview Letter Received.:dancing::dance:

Monday, July 23 2018 (Day 333): Case Left NVC.

(U.S Colombian Embassy Stage) :

Monday, August 6 2018 (Day 347): Blood Test and chest X rays. (Done)

Wednesday, August 8 2018 (Day 349): Medical Exam. (Done)

Wednesday, August 15 2018 (Day 356): Biometrics in the Solicitant Atention Center. (Done)

Wednesday, August 22 2018 (Day 363): Interview... Approved! :dancing::dance:

Wednesday, September 19 2018 (Day 393): P.O.E thru Miami International Airport!!! :dancing::dance:

... "Nobody said it was easy" ... Coldplay: The Scientist Single.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, ms_bobdog said:

I am so sorry, but keep your spirits up! Maybe your case will get assigned to an officer on Monday! Anything is possible!

We both answered the same at the same time, hahahahaha, that case is going to be asigned pretty soon!

When I was typing I received the notification of your post! hahahah

October 20 2016: ¡OUR WEDDING! Wooohooooo !!!!:dancing::dancing::dancing::wub:  :wub: :wub: 

(I - 130 USCIS stage) :

Tuesday, September 05 2017 (Day 15) NOA(hard copy I-797 received thru post mail) (PD Aug 24 2017).

Tuesday, March 13 2018 (Day 201) : USCIS issues RFE to our case . (Case opended at least) .:dance: 

Monday, March 19 2018 (Day 207) : USCIS RFE ´s answer was sent via post mail to NSC .

Thursday, March 22 2018 (Day 210) : Online Case Status changed to RFE´s answer was received .

Monday, April 2 2018 (Day 221) : ¡Approved! Online Case Status now shows Case was sent to Department of State.:dance::dancing:

(NVC Stage) :

Tuesday, June 5 2018 (Day 285): Case Number assigned, welcome letter received,invoice number received, DS261 filed.

Thursday, June 7 2018 (Day 287): AOS fee paid, waiting IV package fee to be unlocked to pay it.   

Thursday, June 14 2018 (Day 294): DS-261 checked and received letter, IV package fee now unlocked. 

Friday, June 15 2018 (Day 295) : IV fee paid, waiting DS-260 to be unlocked to fill it online. 

Wednesday, August 15 2018 (Day 356): Biometrics in the Solicitant Atention Center. (Done)

Wednesday, September 19 2018 (Day 393): P.O.E thru Miami International Airport!!! :dancing::dance:

1 hour ago, Jhonny said:

I received the advise of one VJ member with the SAME issue of us, who told me, don´t worry abt that anymore, because you are going to know that thru your wife, once the NOA2 or RFE whatever arrives to her post mail, then , in one week they update the case number in their online database and then is goignt o start working! I submit an inquiry to NSC asking about that without answer from them (3 weeks ago tomorrow) hopeless with that, just wanting to get the date and then my wife is going to call, ask for a tier 2 an inquiry about the case status!

If we both live overseas are we also supposed to get our NOA2 or any notification to our address? Or is only to in-laws in the U.S?

Edited by Visa2017

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Visa2017 said:

If we both live overseas are we also supposed to get our NOA2 or any notification to our address? Or is only to in-laws in the U.S?

To the address provided in U.S also the  website update!

(I - 130 USCIS stage) :

(NVC Stage) :

45 minutes ago, Jer1234 said:

Dont loose hope thou Jane88.when we called they said our case is in good standing n it waiting to go on an officer desk to be approved. .because there still processing April cases..kinda disappointing but we have to just keep strong n hope for d best. .dont loose hope none of us cant:) stay strong

Thank you for all the support. When did you call them? That is what he said to me, that they are still processing April cases, but I have seen so many August approvals already... I just wish that my case was already assigned to an officer, this way I would know I am one step closer....

48 minutes ago, Jhonny said:

The fact that they haven´t assigned yet doesn´t mean that TOMORROW for example they assigned it! Think about that, visualize the adjudicator reviewing your case with a good face and stay calm! Attraction Universal LAW! Everything is going to be ok!

Thank you for all the positivity 🙏🏻

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.