Lisax

Dunkin Donuts

101 posts in this topic

I hate RI drivers. They drive 55 mph on a 65 mph zone. Sometimes they drive 50 mph here in Massachusetts. They are horrible drivers.

Would you prefer Atlanta drivers then?

I've actually been TAILGATED a little south of the I-75/I-85 merge (the one south of "downtown", not the Brookwood) when I was doing 70 mph (in a 55 zone).

(at the time, in 1995, I was driving on my Alberta licence, having escaped a speeding ticket in August 1994).

2005/07/10 I-129F filed for Pras

2005/11/07 I-129F approved, forwarded to NVC--to Chennai Consulate 2005/11/14

2005/12/02 Packet-3 received from Chennai

2005/12/21 Visa Interview Date

2006/04/04 Pras' entry into US at DTW

2006/04/15 Church Wedding at Novi (Detroit suburb), MI

2006/05/01 AOS Packet (I-485/I-131/I-765) filed at Chicago

2006/08/23 AP and EAD approved. Two down, 1.5 to go

2006/10/13 Pras' I-485 interview--APPROVED!

2006/10/27 Pras' conditional GC arrives -- .5 to go (2 yrs to Conditions Removal)

2008/07/21 I-751 (conditions removal) filed

2008/08/22 I-751 biometrics completed

2009/06/18 I-751 approved

2009/07/03 10-year GC received; last 0.5 done!

2009/07/23 Pras files N-400

2009/11/16 My 46TH birthday, Pras N-400 approved

2010/03/18 Pras' swear-in

---------------------------------------------------------------------

As long as the LORD's beside me, I don't care if this road ever ends.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Meanwhile, there's a KK in Harrod's of all places. I'm not a big donut person, but upon seeing it, it made me immensely homesick so I just HAD to get one. The line was literally 30 mins long at least (Americans, if you're on a 2 week vacation, why do you need to eat a donut you can get at home damnit?) Anyways, when you get up to the counter, there's a guy sayin 'free donut for a smile' so you smile, and he gives ya a free donut. Then literally a minute later asks for your order.

I was too embarrassed to say 'We only wanted one donut each which you now gave us for free' so we bought two more

And this happened literally like 4 times I went there...free donut. Why not hand the free donuts out to the people at the back of the line? lol

That happened to me aswell. I couldn't disappoint them and not have another donut now, could I? I mean, it WAS an effort to eat that additional donut, but I didn't want to let anyone down. *coughs* ;)

i have to throw in my vote for Krispy Kreme... i grew up with them... and wasnt too far from one of the stores that made them fresh all the time... no doughnut better than a fresh hot one from KK... slides right down... have to be careful, cuz you could eat a whole box at once... then youd be sorry for it, lol... i like the plain glazed and the chocolate tops... never liked creme or jelly filled ones

there are tons of DD around here... 3 within 3 miles... if i get anything from DD, i get the munchkins, but only if they have the regular glazed... i dont really care for cake-like doughnuts... if i want cake, i get cake, you know?

i always liked that kids could sell boxed dozens of KKs for fundraisers... back then it was $2 each box... *sigh guess i am getting old... i sound like my mom "back then...."

"True love is falling in love with your best friend,

and only then, will you find the meaning of happiness."

tony_1.gif

There's a DD about 5 mins away from me thats open 24/7 :dance:

I always get an ice caramel latte with whipped cream and lil bit of sugar, thats the best!! :thumbs:

Sorry there's no DD near you mags! :( thats not right!

Woa, you have a major sweet tooth! I often wonder whether these flavored drinks should be served with a shot of insulin on the side. An ice caramel latte contains 36g of sugar which is around 9 teaspoons. Unless you're getting a no sugar version of course...

Hehehe, I hardly have any sugar, I don't eat sweets or anything, this is like my sugar fix, a nice treat :D

Dunkin Donuts - or as I call it - DRUNKIN Donuts, because everyone that goes there is ADDICTED!

Here in good ole Massachusetts there is a DD everywhere. So much so that you can use them to give directions to people. (Or if you are more hardcore you use package stores - which are actually liquor stores)

Oh I love New England

Oh and everytime I go to Rhode Island I MUST have Newport Creamery. They have a waffle sundae that is to die for!

Love Newport Creamery :thumbs:

.png

.png

2/5/07 - 2 Year Green Card arrives!!! YAY!!!!

5/10/08 - Received RI Driver's License!

11/10/08 - Removing Conditions - Sent package out!

11/19/08 - Received Notice of Action - 1 year extension on my current green card - now waiting for biometrics letter.

11/28/08 - Received biometrics letter.

12/12/08 - Biometrics appointment - 10am.

01/13/09 - Still waiting............

06/08/09 - Card in production and on it's way!

06/22/09 - Received 10 Year Green Card! YAY!!

happy13.gif thforevertogether.gif

thNevergiveup.gif love9.gif

blinkie18.gif

Made_in_England.gif

Filed: Timeline
Meanwhile, there's a KK in Harrod's of all places. I'm not a big donut person, but upon seeing it, it made me immensely homesick so I just HAD to get one. The line was literally 30 mins long at least (Americans, if you're on a 2 week vacation, why do you need to eat a donut you can get at home damnit?) Anyways, when you get up to the counter, there's a guy sayin 'free donut for a smile' so you smile, and he gives ya a free donut. Then literally a minute later asks for your order.

I was too embarrassed to say 'We only wanted one donut each which you now gave us for free' so we bought two more

And this happened literally like 4 times I went there...free donut. Why not hand the free donuts out to the people at the back of the line? lol

That happened to me aswell. I couldn't disappoint them and not have another donut now, could I? I mean, it WAS an effort to eat that additional donut, but I didn't want to let anyone down. *coughs* ;)

You're such a giving and sensitive woman...not wanting to disappoint anyone!

KK's aare so damn good tho...one time I was down in London on a shopping spree...grabbed D like 4 donuts, put them in my shopping tote & forgot about them til I was back up Norf

I had no clue they could get so flat!

My ranking of doughnuts (top-bottom):

1. Country-Style (available Canada-only)
  2. Tim Horton's (Canada plus MI and OH)
  3. Robin's (seen in Calgary, verified started in Thunder Bay--so it is found outside AB, www.robinswest.ca)
  4. DD/KK

2005/07/10 I-129F filed for Pras

2005/11/07 I-129F approved, forwarded to NVC--to Chennai Consulate 2005/11/14

2005/12/02 Packet-3 received from Chennai

2005/12/21 Visa Interview Date

2006/04/04 Pras' entry into US at DTW

2006/04/15 Church Wedding at Novi (Detroit suburb), MI

2006/05/01 AOS Packet (I-485/I-131/I-765) filed at Chicago

2006/08/23 AP and EAD approved. Two down, 1.5 to go

2006/10/13 Pras' I-485 interview--APPROVED!

2006/10/27 Pras' conditional GC arrives -- .5 to go (2 yrs to Conditions Removal)

2008/07/21 I-751 (conditions removal) filed

2008/08/22 I-751 biometrics completed

2009/06/18 I-751 approved

2009/07/03 10-year GC received; last 0.5 done!

2009/07/23 Pras files N-400

2009/11/16 My 46TH birthday, Pras N-400 approved

2010/03/18 Pras' swear-in

---------------------------------------------------------------------

As long as the LORD's beside me, I don't care if this road ever ends.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

saskatoon still has Robins, not many though, as most have closed. If I'm too lazy to go the extra distance to Tims, will goto Robins!!

In a months time may be up in Newport RI, get my Tims and Newport Creamery!!

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

saskatoon still has Robins, not many though, as most have closed. If I'm too lazy to go the extra distance to Tims, will goto Robins!!

In a months time may be up in Newport RI, get my Tims and Newport Creamery!!

Newport Creamy! yum! :thumbs:

I've cut down today at Dunkin Donuts, just got a regular ice coffee with a caramel shot and a lil bit of cream :hehe:

Was aggrivating when I went to DD the other day, we had a really bad thunder storm, but I wanted to get a coffee anyway before work, but when I was running back to the car, absolutely pouring down!! and the lady at DD didn't put the lid on my coffee properly and it went all down my white top, over my work clothes! argh! :wacko: and she also put my donut chocolate side down in the bag, so when I pulled it out, 90% of the chocolate was on the bottom on the bag, jeeez, you know?! :angry:

Edited by Lisax

.png

.png

2/5/07 - 2 Year Green Card arrives!!! YAY!!!!

5/10/08 - Received RI Driver's License!

11/10/08 - Removing Conditions - Sent package out!

11/19/08 - Received Notice of Action - 1 year extension on my current green card - now waiting for biometrics letter.

11/28/08 - Received biometrics letter.

12/12/08 - Biometrics appointment - 10am.

01/13/09 - Still waiting............

06/08/09 - Card in production and on it's way!

06/22/09 - Received 10 Year Green Card! YAY!!

happy13.gif thforevertogether.gif

thNevergiveup.gif love9.gif

blinkie18.gif

Made_in_England.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I had a Boston Creme D'nut at Dunkin Dounuts yesterday that was just like the "good old days" at Tim Hortons. Now a days Timmy's just serves up pre-frozen, reheated ####### (in our Province anyways). I have to say that this particular D'nut was yummers indeed. Nice one Dunkin Dounuts!

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
I had a Boston Creme D'nut at Dunkin Dounuts yesterday that was just like the "good old days" at Tim Hortons. Now a days Timmy's just serves up pre-frozen, reheated ####### (in our Province anyways). I have to say that this particular D'nut was yummers indeed. Nice one Dunkin Dounuts!

The funny thing about those cooked,frozen/reheated donuts was that Tims had been doing it for awhile before anyone said anything. Then when they made the announcement, people started to complain,lol Was never a fan of their pastries to begin with.

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
The funny thing about those cooked,frozen/reheated donuts was that Tims had been doing it for awhile before anyone said anything. Then when they made the announcement, people started to complain,lol Was never a fan of their pastries to begin with.

I dunno.. I guess my first inclination they had changed the baking process was when the icing REFUSED to stay in place.. Something wasn't right in my universe after that.. :) Sad really.. their Donuts USED to be yummers.. :(

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

My wife has been craving a Tim's Iced Cap since we crossed the border, so we're taking a trip Memorial Day weekend to upstate NY so she can get one.

CIS Office : Philadelphia PA

08/25/09 I-751 Sent to VSC

08/26/09 Package arrives at VSC

08/31/09 Check is Cashed/Clears

08/27/09 NOA

09/24/09 Biometrics

11/24/09 Approval letter arrives!

• 11 months later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Panama
Timeline
Who looooves Dunkin Donuts?? :D and do you have any near you?? I'm in Rhode Island and they are everywhere around here! they're the best! :dance:

Honey Dew is WAY better than D-n-D ! :star:

May 7,2007-USCIS received I-129f
July 24,2007-NOA1 was received
April 21,2008-K-1 visa denied.
June 3,2008-waiver filed at US Consalate in Panama
The interview went well,they told him it will take another 6 months for them to adjudicate the waiver
March 3,2009-US Consulate claims they have no record of our December visit,nor Manuel's interview
March 27,2009-Manuel returned to the consulate for another interrogation(because they forgot about December's interview),and they were really rude !
April 3,2009-US Counsalate asks for more court documents that no longer exist !
June 1,2009-Manuel and I go back to the US consalate AGAIN to give them a letter from the court in Colon along with documents I already gave them last year.I was surprised to see they had two thick files for his case !

June 15,2010-They called Manuel in to take his fingerprints again,still no decision on his case!
June 22,2010-WAIVER APPROVED at 5:00pm
July 19,2010-VISA IN MANUELITO'S HAND at 3:15pm!
July 25,2010-Manuelito arrives at 9:35pm at Logan Intn'l Airport,Boston,MA
August 5,2010-FINALLY MARRIED!!!!!!!!!!!!
August 23,2010-Filed for AOS at the International Institute of RI $1400!
December 23,2010-Work authorization received.
January 12,2011-RFE

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.