IAMX

More Than 1.1 Million Fewer Americans on Food Stamps Under Trump

178 posts in this topic

Just now, IAMX said:

Not enough. Gotta pay more for that privilege.

That's what I said as well. The going pay for doing that is at least $45k for entry level positions. 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, cyberfx1024 said:

That's what I said as well. The going pay for doing that is at least $45k for entry level positions. 

Sounds like you'd make out Oprah rich if you'd just sit on your ###, do nothing, and collect welfare.

Can you imagine a utopia where no one is working and we're all collecting welfare? Then we can all be poor victims. Anyone dumb enough to get a job and learn how to support themselves should be taxed until broke. Gotta recognize the real victims here.

pe8W4O3.png

Edited by IAMX

11 minutes ago, cyberfx1024 said:

I think we did talk about where I was from because you were saying you live in Charolettesville and I said I grew up along way down the road in Greensboro, and I asked you what you thought of that area. 

I admit I am still pretty angry about it because she used me and the system for years at the expense of our kids. When I moved back to the USA living/working here in California I would only send $1k a month for child support the first 5 months of our custody trials. That was until she went around to her family and her landlord asking for money saying that I wasn't sending any money for the kids. I promptly showed them EVERY SINGLE money order that I took out to send to her and they believed me. 

I did try to turn her in for food stamp/medicaid fraud because the state of NC started coming after me for the food stamp money. I wanted her drug tested and they said that "they can't do that until their is jut cause". So I had go at it with Davidson County and Los Angeles Social services until she got arrested and I got custody. 

18 minutes ago, cyberfx1024 said:

I am not taking jobs at anyone but my x-wife and baby momma to my two older kids. She is completely worthless as well and does not support her kids at all when I have custody of them, but when she had custody of them she was complaining about everything no matter what. Once I left the picture and stopped giving her child support money because we were in the middle of child custody court, which she wasn't spending the money I sent on the kids anyway but on drugs. She just hopped from guy to guy until she ended up in prison for drugs and armed robbery, now she is with a guy but still won't support her kids at all. She can't even make $200 a month payments for the kids to go to Karate and Gymnastics. 

I don't go around judging anyone on food stamps really because it just makes my blood boil. So why am I going to let that ruin my day or have ownership in my head? I'm not I would rather go about my day and be happy than dwelling on stuff. 

7 minutes ago, cyberfx1024 said:

Because at time(2010) they were paying ####### for wages in NC for telecommunications engineers like myself. I got offered a job making $12 an hour to install telecommunication equipment in buildings. I promptly said no thanks even after they upped it a week later to $15 an hour. Sorry just like anyone that works in any particular field you know the going salary in your area for your job and they were trying to get off easy. 

Also when I left to Afghanistan we were still married for another 5 months. I paid for FULL child card for our 2 kids everyday from 8-5/6ish for $500 for both kids every 2 weeks. Which that is alot for that area. 

i don't live in charlottesville, my sister does (virginia, not nc) and its about a 2 hr drive from where i'm at.

and i'm sorry about all that with your wife and glad you kept your money orders and were able to prove she's unfit.

i think most people know someone that is pretty much trash and will take whatever they can get - be it from the government or their relationships with others. some people are just users. you're right, you don't want that having ownership in your head because there are people who are struggling and just trying to get by, and chances are those people have in fact paid into the system and deserve the help.

4 minutes ago, IAMX said:

Sounds like you'd make out Oprah rich if you'd just sit on your ###, do nothing, and collect welfare.

Can you imagine a utopia where no one is working and we're all collecting welfare? Then we can all be poor victims. Anyone dumb enough to get a job and learn how to support themselves should be taxed until broke. Gotta recognize the real victims here.

pe8W4O3.png

maybe you're a bit removed from how food stamps work in the us and who receives them;

http://www.npr.org/sections/thesalt/2017/05/24/529831472/trump-wants-families-on-food-stamps-to-get-jobs-the-majority-already-work

13 minutes ago, cyberfx1024 said:

I keep wanting to go for child support but my wife talks me out of it every time. She has made a great point really "if she does not want to be involved in children's lives then don't force her to be". My two older kids are pretty content right now not having mom call and keep giving useless excuses on why she can't send money for a field trip, presents for a bday or christmas. So they just leave it as it as and only talk to their grandparents on that side of the family.

that's the route i took and if you don't really need her financially, imo, it's not worth the headache.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Israel
Timeline
18 minutes ago, cyberfx1024 said:

I keep wanting to go for child support but my wife talks me out of it every time. She has made a great point really "if she does not want to be involved in children's lives then don't force her to be". My two older kids are pretty content right now not having mom call and keep giving useless excuses on why she can't send money for a field trip, presents for a bday or christmas. So they just leave it as it as and only talk to their grandparents on that side of the family.

My wife didn't really have the means to pursue it very far until about 10 years ago. Then I helped her make sure that's all taken care of. A few months ago he must have thought enough time has passed or something because all of a sudden she was notified they got some money from him. Wasn't much but we didn't really need it it was more the point of it. All of a sudden he noticed money being taken out of his paycheck week after week (was his first time in a long time not working for cash) so of course he now quit this job too, not before tossing a hissy over something like 25 bucks a week lol he will be chased for the rest of his pathetic existence on this planet.

16 minutes ago, smilesammich said:

i don't see anyone denying that fraud occurs, that's why social services investigates claims of fraud. i'm saying it's ridiculous to spew anecdotes or make judgement of people in stores "they had $300 worth of food, snacks, sugary drinks omg" i just see it as jealousy. wouldn't we all like to have our 500$ grocery bill taken down to 200 bucks? hell yes. but, in virginia, for a family of three we'd have to survive off of twenty grand a year to qualify for food stamps and that just ain't happening. no thanks. i've used a friend's card before, when i would get groceries for her and it's not fun to be on the receiving end of all the stares.

what you can buy with food stamps depends on where you are,cyberfx was talking about getting fast food - in virginia you can't buy prepared food. you certainly can't get alcohol or cigarettes.  for my own personal wellbeing, it's better to put my anger towards the greedy, towards those that benefit from corporate welfare (which makes food stamp fraud look like nothing).

i've never filed for child support against him. now my son is almost sixteen so, he unfortunately has the knowledge that his dad never contributed anything to his well being and knows he can't rely on him for anything if he did reach out. 

Well I definitely agree alcohol, fast food or smokes should not be allowed. 

Edited by OriZ
09/14/2012: Sent I-130
10/04/2012: NOA1 Received
12/11/2012: NOA2 Received
12/18/2012: NVC Received Case
01/08/2013: Received Case Number/IIN; DS-3032/I-864 Bill
01/08/2013: DS-3032 Sent
01/18/2013: DS-3032 Accepted; Received IV Bill
01/23/2013: Paid I-864 Bill; Paid IV Bill
02/05/2013: IV Package Sent
02/18/2013: AOS Package Sent
03/22/2013: Case complete
05/06/2013: Interview Scheduled

06/05/2013: Visa issued!

06/28/2013: VISA RECEIVED

07/09/2013: POE - EWR. Went super fast and easy. 5 minutes of waiting and then just a signature and finger print.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

05/06/2016: One month late - overnighted form N-400.

06/01/2016: Original Biometrics appointment, had to reschedule due to being away.

07/01/2016: Biometrics Completed.

08/17/2016: Interview scheduled & approved.

09/16/2016: Scheduled oath ceremony.

09/16/2016: THE END - 4 year long process all done!

4 minutes ago, smilesammich said:

that's the route i took and if you don't really need her financially, imo, it's not worth the headache.

No, we don't need it financially it just would have helped her paying for the gymnastics and karate instead of me. But I had to stop them from going last month because we needed the money to send my 4 year old to preschool because I have to pay full price because "I make to much" even though I have four kids. 

2 minutes ago, cyberfx1024 said:

No, we don't need it financially it just would have helped her paying for the gymnastics and karate instead of me. But I had to stop them from going last month because we needed the money to send my 4 year old to preschool because I have to pay full price because "I make to much" even though I have four kids. 

yep you have to be pretty poor to receive assistance, that was why the whole 'i want a baby to get free money from the government' thing going on earlier in this thread came off to me as incredibly stupid. 

Timeline
2 hours ago, cyberfx1024 said:

Even if we keep the useless welfare programs, they should directly go to specific products or services, rather than just handing dumb people money.

5 minutes ago, IAMX said:

Even if we keep the useless welfare programs, they should directly go to specific products or services, rather than just handing dumb people money.

Lots of dumb people vote 

16 minutes ago, Nature Boy Flair said:

Lots of dumb people vote 

you're making this too easy.

24 minutes ago, IAMX said:

oh you mean products like food, formula and services like housing and childcare?