IAMX

Here Is The Alias Email Account Loretta Lynch Used As Attorney General

21 posts in this topic

Timeline

Like her predecessor, Eric Holder, former Attorney General Loretta Lynch used an email alias to conduct government business, The Daily Caller has confirmed.

Several of Lynch’s emails were included in 413 pages of DOJ documents provided to the conservative groups Judicial Watch and the American Center for Law and Justice. Both groups had filed lawsuits for records regarding Lynch’s controversial meeting with President Bill Clinton at the Phoenix airport last June 27.

Using the pseudonym “Elizabeth Carlisle,” Lynch corresponded with DOJ press officials to hammer out talking points in response to media requests about the meeting. The tarmac encounter drew criticism from conservatives because Lynch was overseeing the federal investigation into whether Hillary Clinton mishandled classified information on her private email system.

The meeting was revealed not by Lynch, Clinton or the Justice Department, but by a reporter in Phoenix working based on a tip.

On June 28, a reporter with Phoenix’s ABC News affiliate contacted the Justice Department to inquire about the meeting. Internal DOJ emails show that the request touched off a mad-dash to develop talking points and statements to respond to the developing story.

Lynch, using the Elizabeth Carlisle account, which was hosted on the Justice Department’s system, was also involved in those discussions.

Lynch’s attorney, Robert Raben, confirmed to TheDC on Monday that Lynch emailed under that pseudonym. He pointed to an articlepublished in The Hill last February in which the Justice Department acknowledged that Lynch was using an email handle that was not her given name.

“That address was and is known to the individuals who process [Freedom of Information Act] requests; the practice, similar to using initials or numbers in an email, helps guard against security risks and prevent inundation of mailboxes,” Raben said.

The aversion to an overflowing email inbox was one of the defenses offered by Holder after his use of a pseudonym was revealed last year. Holder used the alias “Lew Alcindor” — the birth name of NBA legend Kareem Abdul-Jabbar — as his email handle until he left DOJ in 2015.

The Carlisle emails were discovered over the weekend by followers of Reddit accounts that support President Trump. Some users developed the theory that Lynch used her grandmother’s name as a her pseudonym. Others concluded that Lynch broke the law by using a pseudonym, though it is not illegal for government officials to do so.

In one email, sent just minutes after ABC News inquired about the tarmac meeting, Melanie Newman, the director of DOJ’s public affairs office at the time, wrote an email to the Elizabeth Carlisle account that she addressed to “AG Lynch.”

http://dailycaller.com/2017/08/07/here-is-the-alias-email-account-loretta-lynch-used-as-attorney-general/

The main benefit of using an alias in this case, of course, is deliberate attempts to skirt FOIA requests.. can't make FOIA requests for someone that doesn't exist.

Timeline

Documents Show DOJ Was in Panic Mode After Loretta Lynch's Secret Meeting With Bill Clinton Was Exposed

When former Attorney General Loretta Lynch and President Bill Clinton were busted secretly meeting aboard Lynch's private plane last summer by a local television reporter, a number of government watchdog groups filed lawsuits for documents surrounding the meeting. After all the FBI, under the jurisdiction of the Department of Justice, was actively investigating Democrat presidential candidate Hillary Clinton for mishandling classified information at the time. In response to information requests, the FBI and DOJ said documents didn't exist. 

Fast forward more than a year and it turns out hundreds of documentsrelated to the meeting do exist and show the Department was in a panic over how to respond to inquiries about why the meeting took place. Public affairs was bombarded with questions about the meeting and repeatedly referred to Lynch's comments on the matter without offering further explanation. At least one reporter from the Washington Post expressed interested in putting the story to "rest," even though editors were interested in more. 

Is it a surprise that fake news WaPo wanted to put this story to bed along with the DOJ?

Loretta Lynch used an alias to respond to emails about her shady meeting with Bill Clinton

Lynch allegedly responded to press inquiries and other related emails using the pseudonym “Elizabeth Carlisle.” Evidence of her actions was found in a 413-page document obtained by Judicial Watch and the American Center for Law and Justice.

The decision to use an alias, similar to former Attorney General Eric Holder’s use of “Lew Alcindor,” is not illegal.

http://rare.us/rare-news/the-media/loretta-lynch-used-an-alias-to-respond-to-emails-about-her-shady-meeting-with-bill-clinton/

http://www.trunews.com/article/loretta-lynch-emails-reveal-she-lied-to-congress

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2017/08/07/documents-show-doj-was-in-panic-mode-after-loretta-lynch-meeting-with-bill-clinton-was-exposed-n2364588

Can thank people at /r/TheDonald (did I spell that right?) for pointing out that the name came from her grandmother.. so FOIA requests aimed at this person would of course reveal nothing.

The fact that the administration so closely communicated with the media on a campaign for disinformation is certainly troublesome.

Don't think many with a brain and independent thought buy the claimed excuse for the discussion on the tarmac. 

Edited by IAMX

though it is not illegal for government officials to do so.

sooo, let's ignore trump trying (and failing) to pass the buck.

Defending his son’s meeting with a Russian lawyer during the 2016 presidential campaign, President Trump wrongly blamed former Attorney General Loretta Lynch for admitting the lawyer to the United States in the first place.

“Somebody said that her visa or her passport was approved by Attorney General Lynch,” Mr. Trump said Thursday at a joint news conference with President Emmanuel Macron of France. “She was here because of Lynch.”

Mr. Trump was referring to a report in a Capitol Hill publication, The Hill, on how Natalia Veselnitskaya, the Russian lawyer, entered the United States without a visa in early 2016.

Ms. Veselnitskaya, according to the report, was granted immigration parole to represent a Russian businessman, Denis Katsyv, in a money laundering case in New York City.

But the use of parole for entry is not particularly unusual, and approval authority lies with the Department of Homeland Security, not the Justice Department. And there is no indication that Ms. Lynch was personally responsible for the decision.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/14/us/politics/trump-falsely-blames-loretta-lynch-in-sons-meeting-with-veselnitskaya.html

Timeline
3 minutes ago, smilesammich said:

Any shining object to keep attention off the Supreme Leader. LOL.

something-shiny.jpg

1 hour ago, IAMX said:

tenor.gif

Anything to divert from endless Democrat scandals and the country being fed up with the party. 

I think the country is fed up with both parties. Hopefully something can change. I think a lot of people thought Trump was going to be that change 

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Nature Boy Flair said:

I think the country is fed up with both parties. Hopefully something can change. I think a lot of people thought Trump was going to be that change 

I knew he wasn't, that's why I didn't vote for him. But, like Obama, I did give him a chance.. he kinda blew that to smithereens bringing in GOP establishment candidates who tore him to pieces. He's reaping the rewards of those decisions even today with people like McMaster. And what's becoming the nail in the coffin for me regarding 2020 is, as expected, he's not following through on many of his promises, despite a decent start.

Anyways, there's no change to be made by the perpetuating belief that one has one choice or the other. The overwhelming majority of people who vote like this have already surrendered their vote to the two parties. Hence why no positive changes get made.

Who is in the White House and in control of the US government again?

K1 Visa Timeline
15th Dec 08 - I129F posted to VSC
1st June 09 - Interview at 9am, Medical at 2:50pm
15th June 09 - K1 Visa approved and received
23rd June 09 - Point of Entry (Atlanta, Georgia)
17th July 09 - Married

AOS + EAD + AP Timeline
25th Aug 09 - AOS + EAD + AP posted to Chicago Lockbox
2nd Oct 09 - EAD + AP Approved
22nd Oct 09 - AOS Approved
30th Oct 09 - Green Card in hand!

Removing Conditions Timeline
29th Sept 11 - I-751 posted to VSC
26th Sept 12 - Approved

Citizenship Timeline

20th Feb 15 - N-400 posted to Lewisville Lockbox

15th June 15 - Interview

1st July 15 - Oath Ceremony

NOW A US CITIZEN!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
10 minutes ago, JimandChristy said:

Who is in the White House and in control of the US government again?

Last time I checked there were three branches of government.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

5 minutes ago, Bill & Katya said:

Last time I checked there were three branches of government.

Yes and the Republicans control all three.

K1 Visa Timeline
17th July 09 - Married

AOS + EAD + AP Timeline

26th Sept 12 - Approved

Citizenship Timeline

15th June 15 - Interview

1st July 15 - Oath Ceremony

NOW A US CITIZEN!

2 minutes ago, IAMX said:

Define "control". 

Can decide what is discussed in committee and which bills can come to the floor for a vote. They set the agenda, they're in control. Simple majority in the house and reconciliation in the Senate. Republicans could pass any bill they desire. 

Why the health care fiasco was such an epic fail.

K1 Visa Timeline
17th July 09 - Married

AOS + EAD + AP Timeline

26th Sept 12 - Approved

Citizenship Timeline

15th June 15 - Interview