autonaut

August 2017 AOS Filers

3,270 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

I had made a SR for my fathers EAD back on 10/27/17.. and just this past Friday I got a email reply saying : "your case is currently under review. you should receive a decision or notice of other action shortly" yay...... today marks 196 days.....

***CURRENT STATUS: US CITIZEN***

N-400 Naturalization Filed in the Texas LockBox (GC Date of 08/05/13)

00 Days- 05/09/16 Package Sent

01 Days- 05/10/16 Package Delivered

***PRIORITY DATE OF 05/10/16***

10 Days- 05/19/16 Received NOA

17 Days- 05/26/16 Received Biometrics Letter For 06/06/16

18 Days- 05/27/16 Biometrics Walk-in

***TRAVEL ABROAD FROM 06/15-06/30***

57 Days- 07/05/16 In Line For Interview :)

64 Days- 07/11/16 Interview Letter Mailed with a Scheduled date of 08/18/16

102 Days- 08/18/16 Interview (L) "Recommended For Approval"

106 Days- 08/22/16 In-Line for Oath :dancing:

117 Days- 09/02/16 Oath Ceremony (L) Officially a US CITIZEN.

121 Days- 09/06/16 Sent EXPEDITE passport application :dancing:

129 Days- 09/14/16 Received Passport :)

I-751 REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS FILED IN THE CALIFORNIA SERVICE CENTER (GC EXPIRATION DATE OF 08/05/15)

00 Days- 05/07/15 Package Sent

01 Days- 05/08/15 Package Delivered

***PRIORITY DATE OF 05/07/15 Even Tho Package Was Delivered On 05/08/15***

19 Days- 05/26/15 Received NOA

40 Days- 06/16/15 Biometrics Done

42 Days- 06/18/15 Stamp On Passport I-551 (evidence of permanent residency for 1 year with expiration date of 06/17/16)

181 Days- 11/04/15 Approved VIA Text Message 8:30 PM Eastern Time!

186 Days- 11/09/15 Approval letter came in from Charleston, SC office!

189 Days- 11/13/15 Greencard Arrived (L)

AOS, I-765, I-130 ADJUSTING THROUGH MARRIAGE (CURRENT IMMIGRATION STATUS: DACA, But came legally with Turist Visa)
00 Days- 05/14/13 Package Sent

01 Days- 05/15/13 Priority Date
08 Days- 05/22/13 Received NOA
14 Days- 05/28/13 Received Biometrics Letter For 06/12/13
16 Days- 05/30/13 Biometrics Walk-in:

36 Days- 06/19/13 Interview & Scheduling

49 Days- 07/02/13 USCIS Online Notification (interview Scheduled For 08/05/13)

63 Days- 07/16/13 EAD APPROVED good.gif

71 Days- 07/24/13 EAD Received

84 Days- 08/05/13 INTERVIEW!!!!!dancin5hr.gif

84 Days- 08/05/13 APPROVED ON THE SPOT BABY!

On 2/17/2018 at 4:04 PM, LP123 said:

Thank you and sorry to hear about your case.

You can try send email or call them (but I tried to send email and even call my congresswoman and they didnt response). Thus, I think you should come your congressman's office and then tell them anything about your case. 

p/s: Last week, I checked 500 receipt numbers around mine, and i saw a lot of case i-765 (August filers) are still stick with status "case was received".

Yeah :( when I checked mine though just like 20% were in “case was received” and most of them were approved. Not sure if it’s because I filed on August 4th. Thanks for your help :) we just need to wait :( 

Timeline (From B2 visa to AOS)

July 15, 2016 -> Got married
August 3, 2017 -> Mailed AOS packet (I-130, I-485, I-765)
August 4, 2017 -> Package received
August 14, 2017 -> NOA for I-130 and I-485 (not I-765... called multiple times to ask about this but was told to wait)
August 25, 2017 -> NOA for Biometrics Appt (I-485)
August 30, 2017 -> Sent email asking to look for I-765 (My I-765 was LOST)
September 8, 2017 -> Biometrics Appt for I-485
September 26, 2017 -> Received email from USCIS I-765 found and PD August 4
October, 2017 -> NOA for I-765 and Tier 2 officer cancelled 2nd biometrics

November 3, 2017 -> Raised SR online for I-765

December 11, 2017 -> SR showed as "completed" by the assigned officer

January 8, 2018 -> Name was updated 

January 18, 2018 -> interview scheduled

2 hours ago, Hamilton said:

I have a theory about why some people (me included) are still waiting from August. 

Every single time I spoke to a Tier 2 officer until Jan, they said my case was still undergoing background checks. I have zero idea why this would be, I have no criminal history, and a unique name. But maybe those of us waiting were unlucky enough to have long background checks. Once the check is complete, they start looking at the file. So for me, maybe the check was complete in January, and that's when I got my RFIE. For others, once the check was complete in Jan/Feb, they got their EADs. 

Just an effort to try find some logic in this agonizing process... 

I have this theory too but even though a tier 2 officer told me I already have passed the background checks and all, not sure why they haven’t sent the EAD after all this time!! O_o it just doesn’t make any sense and it didn’t make any sense to the officer either. Oh well. :( 

Timeline (From B2 visa to AOS)

July 15, 2016 -> Got married
August 3, 2017 -> Mailed AOS packet (I-130, I-485, I-765)
August 4, 2017 -> Package received
August 14, 2017 -> NOA for I-130 and I-485 (not I-765... called multiple times to ask about this but was told to wait)
August 25, 2017 -> NOA for Biometrics Appt (I-485)
August 30, 2017 -> Sent email asking to look for I-765 (My I-765 was LOST)
September 8, 2017 -> Biometrics Appt for I-485
September 26, 2017 -> Received email from USCIS I-765 found and PD August 4
October, 2017 -> NOA for I-765 and Tier 2 officer cancelled 2nd biometrics

November 3, 2017 -> Raised SR online for I-765

December 11, 2017 -> SR showed as "completed" by the assigned officer

January 8, 2018 -> Name was updated 

January 18, 2018 -> interview scheduled

2 hours ago, GoodVibesOnly said:

I have this theory too but even though a tier 2 officer told me I already have passed the background checks and all, not sure why they haven’t sent the EAD after all this time!! O_o it just doesn’t make any sense and it didn’t make any sense to the officer either. Oh well. :( 

Hi @GoodVibesOnly 

I'm so sorry to hear about your case - I know it's so frustrating and disappointing :( Have you tried reaching out to some congressman/woman office? We reached out to Sen Tammy Duckworth by the end of December and we received a response a month later. The senator's office at least was successful in getting some real answers from USCIS (but not that useful for us because I still don't know whether/when I will have my AP in a month...). But it might be more helpful for you. Here is the link to get help from Duckworth office

https://www.duckworth.senate.gov/help/help-with-a-federal-agency

Aug 22 AOS package (I-485, I-130, I-131) sent to Chicago lockbox

Aug 23 Delivered

Aug 30 Email/text receipts of 3 

Sep 2 NOA for I-130 only

On 2/17/2018 at 4:52 PM, Faby&Jaz said:

Thanks for the love and sympathy, it helps to talk about it! <3 So, check this out, I have been checking everyday for an INFOPASS appointment in my area, and there are absolutely no appointments available ever! lol Our congressmen is a republican, who are totally against immigration reform at this time moment, so I do not believe it will help. I did email the congressmen's office, never got a response. Then I decided that I should hand write a request, yet I figured that they may never respond. I also saw that the NBC service center has one star reviews, extremely bad reviews, and that is where our case is being processed so I do not know how beneficial it will be to contact NBC even. I guess its just the waiting came left now. I do not understand how our system is and it is unfortunate that the system can not even assist American citizens with legalizing their spouses. :( 

You should contact the congressman. I'm also in Texas as well and even though they are Republican, they still have to look out for their constituents, many times it isn't even the congressman themselves handling your request but their local office. I actually had the same concern as well, but then after not hearing about any status, my wife and I figured, well what's the worst that could happen? They tell us that USCIS is still in process? Turns outs our first reply back from the congressman's office was that it was still being processed, but we were just happy that we at least had another party looking out for our case.

For my wife and I, contacting a senator was not very helpful since they seem to be slower in responding than my local House representative. For the House rep, I just called and they told me to have my wife email over a form and the next week I got some info, then a couple weeks later my wife's EAD was processed.

Have hope, and just ask the congressman since you won't really know what their response will be unless you ask. After all, you have 3 in Texas that represent you, if one doesn't help out there are 2 others that might.

Edited by crispytofu
Too early in the morning... fixing some grammar issues.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

So crazy that everyone doesn’t have their EAD yet! Hopefully this month you will just get an interview notice (happened to some people in July too, no EAD or it came rediculkusly close to interview time). For my own case I notice that the whole thing overall is right on target in terms of timeline. We have our interview this Friday, almost exactly 6 months after applying, which is exactly what I expected. The only unexpected and absolutely agonizing part was waiting for that EAD card which we expected within 90 days of filing. 

So so I hope you all will get interview notices soon and not have to worry about EAD

15/08/2017 AOS/EAD sent 

17/08/2017 Package received 

23/08/2017 NOA1 date

31/08/2017 NOA1 received in mail

01/09/2017 Biometrics letter arrived (appointment 15/09/2017)

06/09/2017 Walk-in Biometrics 

01/11/2017 Online SR filed

27/11/2017 Expedite filed on EAD

07/12/2017 Congressman Schiff contacted

14/12/2017 EAD under review (according to T2 call on 26/12)

26/12/2017 Expedite marked as completed, response being sent

09/01/2018 EAD card production notice via email

16/01/2018 EAD Card received

23/01/2018 Online update: Interview Scheduled

23/02/2018 AOS Interview

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Denglish said:

So crazy that everyone doesn’t have their EAD yet! Hopefully this month you will just get an interview notice (happened to some people in July too, no EAD or it came rediculkusly close to interview time). For my own case I notice that the whole thing overall is right on target in terms of timeline. We have our interview this Friday, almost exactly 6 months after applying, which is exactly what I expected. The only unexpected and absolutely agonizing part was waiting for that EAD card which we expected within 90 days of filing. 

So so I hope you all will get interview notices soon and not have to worry about EAD

I will have my interview tomorrow and will be posting a review after. Let us know how your interview goes as well. 

Good luck

8/14/17 --- AOS sent I-485, I-765, I-131

8/16/17 --- AOS Packet received Chicago USCIS Day 0

8/21/17  --- Received email & text notification 

8/23/17  --- Received hard copy of NOA  

9/01/17  --- Biometrics letter notice for I-485 & I-765 & I-131  

9/11/17  --- Biometrics Appointment Done

10/17/17 - Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview

11/30/2017 - EAD/AP Approved
12/01/2017 - Card in Production
12/05/2017 - Received Approval Notice in the Mail
12/06//2017 - Card Mailed (Priority Mail) to Me
12/07/2017 - Card Received 

1/19/18  --- Interview Date 2/21

2/21/18  ---  Approved on the Spot

• 1 hour after the interview received uscis mobile app alert
  • Status changed from "Interview is scheduled" to "New Card Is Being Produced

2/26/18  --- Received hard copy of NOA for the Green Card

2/26/18  --- USCIS Mobile Status changed to "Card was mailed to me"

2/28/18 --- Permanent Resident/Green Card received :jest:

Travelling with Combo Card Feedback 

AOS Interview - Review and Tips

Brazil Instructions After i-129F Approval    and  Emails Sent by NVC and Brazilian Embassy after the i-129F approval

B2 Visa Experience / Mother-in-law financially challenged for visa

Please register for informed delivery if it is applicable in your region - USPS INFORMED DELIVERY

NVC - (603)-334-0700

USCIS - 800-375-5283

" Have you tried the search tool? K1 isnt an easy process and a LOT of reading is required to avoid problems (RFEs) etc, if you dont like reading, be prepared to spend WAY more time and couple more $$$ with an lawyer " 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline
2 hours ago, T_P said:

I will have my interview tomorrow and will be posting a review after. Let us know how your interview goes as well. 

Good luck

I am going to contact the Congress person today. I really need things to start cooking, and yes it’s basically six months time to be scheduled for an interview soon do not what’s really going on. I spoke to a friend who works for USCIS and she told me the issue they are having is the background checks have not come back and people who applied later but were able to obtain their work permit was due to their background check coming up faster. They are anazlyzing ever unique name and unique background. This information comes from a legit officer who works for USCIS on these types of cases and she basically told me the other issue is that they are backlogged and they currently are trying to catch up. She said NBC gets 1000 applications everyday so that is just pushing them behind. Hope that helps 🙏🏽😕😳

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Faby&Jaz said:

I am going to contact the Congress person today. I really need things to start cooking, and yes it’s basically six months time to be scheduled for an interview soon do not what’s really going on. I spoke to a friend who works for USCIS and she told me the issue they are having is the background checks have not come back and people who applied later but were able to obtain their work permit was due to their background check coming up faster. They are anazlyzing ever unique name and unique background. This information comes from a legit officer who works for USCIS on these types of cases and she basically told me the other issue is that they are backlogged and they currently are trying to catch up. She said NBC gets 1000 applications everyday so that is just pushing them behind. Hope that helps 🙏🏽😕😳

This isnt new, USCIS is backlogged since last year, when we started this thread there were quite a few articles posted around this topic (backlogged) and many of us wondering when we would receive our EADs. Still tons of people from august waiting their docs etc....

I just wish people would read more and search a little bit more here on VJ. Lots of people from Jan, Feb complaining and they have no idea how painful and frustrating this can be.

Good luck @Faby&Jaz

8/14/17 --- AOS sent I-485, I-765, I-131

8/16/17 --- AOS Packet received Chicago USCIS Day 0

8/21/17  --- Received email & text notification 

8/23/17  --- Received hard copy of NOA  

9/01/17  --- Biometrics letter notice for I-485 & I-765 & I-131  

9/11/17  --- Biometrics Appointment Done

10/17/17 - Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview

11/30/2017 - EAD/AP Approved
12/01/2017 - Card in Production
12/05/2017 - Received Approval Notice in the Mail
12/06//2017 - Card Mailed (Priority Mail) to Me
12/07/2017 - Card Received 

1/19/18  --- Interview Date 2/21

2/21/18  ---  Approved on the Spot

• 1 hour after the interview received uscis mobile app alert
  • Status changed from "Interview is scheduled" to "New Card Is Being Produced

2/26/18  --- Received hard copy of NOA for the Green Card

2/26/18  --- USCIS Mobile Status changed to "Card was mailed to me"

2/28/18 --- Permanent Resident/Green Card received :jest:

Travelling with Combo Card Feedback 

AOS Interview - Review and Tips

Brazil Instructions After i-129F Approval    and  Emails Sent by NVC and Brazilian Embassy after the i-129F approval

B2 Visa Experience / Mother-in-law financially challenged for visa

Please register for informed delivery if it is applicable in your region - USPS INFORMED DELIVERY

NVC - (603)-334-0700

USCIS - 800-375-5283

" Have you tried the search tool? K1 isnt an easy process and a LOT of reading is required to avoid problems (RFEs) etc, if you dont like reading, be prepared to spend WAY more time and couple more $$$ with an lawyer " 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline
3 hours ago, T_P said:

This isnt new, USCIS is backlogged since last year, when we started this thread there were quite a few articles posted around this topic (backlogged) and many of us wondering when we would receive our EADs. Still tons of people from august waiting their docs etc....

I just wish people would read more and search a little bit more here on VJ. Lots of people from Jan, Feb complaining and they have no idea how painful and frustrating this can be.

Good luck @Faby&Jaz

Just got an update on my case for request for evidence. 😑

4 hours ago, Faby&Jaz said:

But how come that people who applied after us are getting approved before? If we sent our applications before others, our background checks should come back before theirs? I spoke to someone who sent their AOS two months after me and she already got her GC, and we are in the same field office. Feels like a kick in the knee  :lol:

4 hours ago, T_P said:

I get a bit annoyed when I read that! I have seen several comments about December fillers and January who are super mad that they don't have their EAD etc because they need to work. What the heck, don't you think I would like to work as well?!  :lol:  Loooool

1 hour ago, Faby&Jaz said:

Just got an update on my case for request for evidence. 😑

When did you send in i485? (Sorry, you might have written it before)

For anyone still waiting for their EAD, I just received an update that my EAD was being produced today. So it looks like it is taking approximately 6 months or so to get the card. My priority date is August 7th, 2017 with NBC.

I've reached out the senator, congressman, and ombudsman for help and raised an expedite request. I think these steps might have helped in getting the card a little faster.

Also if anyone is worried about a request for evidence on the underlying i485 resetting the clock for EAD. I don't think this is the case because I received a RFIE on my i485 on January 19th and I sent it back on February 1st and it took about 2 weeks and a half since February 1st for them to produce my card.

Edited by dt101

1 hour ago, dt101 said:

For anyone still waiting for their EAD, I just received an update that my EAD was being produced today. So it looks like it is taking approximately 6 months or so to get the card. My priority date is August 7th, 2017 with NBC.

I've reached out the senator, congressman, and ombudsman for help and raised an expedite request. I think these steps might have helped in getting the card a little faster.

Also if anyone is worried about a request for evidence on the underlying i485 resetting the clock for EAD. I don't think this is the case because I received a RFIE on my i485 on January 19th and I sent it back on February 1st and it took about 2 weeks and a half since February 1st for them to produce my card.

Thanks so much for this update. I received an RFIE on my 485 ten days after you and it would be really useful to know what to expect. 

Did you do anything after sending them the response to the RFIE? Like contact your congressperson or request another expedite after the response was received?

We spoke with a Tier 2 officer when the RFIE was issued, and he had suggested that we could request another AP expedite immediately after USCIS receives the 485 RFIE response. I'm afraid to do that - or anything else - because I don't want to accidentally slow down the process. 

August 2017 - June 2018 AoS

April 2020 - January 2021 RoC

Jan 2022 - September 2022 Citizenship

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.