autonaut

August 2017 AOS Filers

3,270 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline
2 hours ago, LP123 said:

Finally, after almost 190 days, I checked my Usps this morning, and I will receive my combo card today. I write down my timeline here for anyone need it.

Sent: 08/03/2017

Pd: 08/07/2017 (i-485, i-765, i-131)

Bio: 09/05/2017

Sr: 11/21/2017 (i-765)

Sr: 12/2017 (i765, i-131)

Expedite request: uscis local office: 01/22/2018 (request completed in the same day) (i765, i-131)

Contact congressman: 02/06/2018 (uscis accepted to expedite request on 02/09) (i765, i-131)

02/12: i-765 we ordered your new card

02/13: i-131 approved

02/15: Card was mailed to me

02/17: received combo card and approval notice

I dont think i can receive my card if i dont know this forum. All you guys help me by sharing your cases. THANK YOU! Hope all of us will receive GC soon!

I have been following these forums for sometime and am in the same boat. I filed for my husband back on August 24, 2017, and have not heard anything from USCIS. I am thinking about contacting the congressmen tomorrow, yet we are in Texas and we may not be able to obtain the response we are seeking. I really do not know what to do, I am holding my husband from success which he can obtain in his country and seeing his family. I feel very bad about it, and now I am starting to regret my decision, and because my husband is becoming depressed and sad as the days go by. I want him to obtain his GC so he is able to go see his mom. :( Also, my husband has had to turn down two great job offers which fit his degree, because there is no work authorization yet. 

PD: 08/24/2017

Biometrics: 09/20/2017

Service Request for I-765: 01/2018

The response I received: As of February 12, 2018, your inquiry about the status of your Employment Authorization application, referral number SRXXXXXXXXXXX, is currently not assigned for processing.

I was suppose to originally have a response by 02/15/17, so I decided to call the USCIS hotline. I was able to speak to a tier 2 officer, who was not able to give me any information. In fact the officer told us that we need to wait and if we keep putting in service requests, our case will be delayed. I found this very interesting, and was not content with the things I was hearing. We are praying and hoping to have a response soon. 

1 hour ago, Faby&Jaz said:

I have been following these forums for sometime and am in the same boat. I filed for my husband back on August 24, 2017, and have not heard anything from USCIS. I am thinking about contacting the congressmen tomorrow, yet we are in Texas and we may not be able to obtain the response we are seeking. I really do not know what to do, I am holding my husband from success which he can obtain in his country and seeing his family. I feel very bad about it, and now I am starting to regret my decision, and because my husband is becoming depressed and sad as the days go by. I want him to obtain his GC so he is able to go see his mom. :( Also, my husband has had to turn down two great job offers which fit his degree, because there is no work authorization yet. 

PD: 08/24/2017

Biometrics: 09/20/2017

Service Request for I-765: 01/2018

The response I received: As of February 12, 2018, your inquiry about the status of your Employment Authorization application, referral number SRXXXXXXXXXXX, is currently not assigned for processing.

I was suppose to originally have a response by 02/15/17, so I decided to call the USCIS hotline. I was able to speak to a tier 2 officer, who was not able to give me any information. In fact the officer told us that we need to wait and if we keep putting in service requests, our case will be delayed. I found this very interesting, and was not content with the things I was hearing. We are praying and hoping to have a response soon. 

You should contact your congressman and also come to USCIS local office. I can understand exactly how your husband feel because i was in that situation. After many times calling USCIS, I've realized that we shouldn't call them because they can't help our cases.

34 minutes ago, LP123 said:

You should contact your congressman and also come to USCIS local office. I can understand exactly how your husband feel because i was in that situation. After many times calling USCIS, I've realized that we shouldn't call them because they can't help our cases.

Hi. I’m thinking of giving it another try with the congressman after almost 200 days with no EAD news. I seriously need to work, this is driving me NUTS. I don’t think I can wait any longer and no one on the other side really seems to help or care. This is getting to a point where it is worse than hell and am not getting any younger in this waiting. The clock doesn’t stop ticking and opportunities are missed.

Do you have a sample letter of what should be included in the content?? What did you include or say?? Was it long or short? Super formal or straight to the point? I ask this since my case had several mistakes made by USCIS (not only on i765 but i485 as well) but not sure if i should include every single detail (TOO MUCH info) in the letter to the congressman since they could think it’s too much bla blah and won’t even read it or care. and I really only care about the EAD for now and it’s far beyond processing Times. Not sure if I should try to be straight to the point this time or write a lot... 

*tears* :( 

congrats btw! Must feel great to finally have the EAD approved. 

Edited by GoodVibesOnly
Made by *

Timeline (From B2 visa to AOS)

July 15, 2016 -> Got married
August 3, 2017 -> Mailed AOS packet (I-130, I-485, I-765)
August 4, 2017 -> Package received
August 14, 2017 -> NOA for I-130 and I-485 (not I-765... called multiple times to ask about this but was told to wait)
August 25, 2017 -> NOA for Biometrics Appt (I-485)
August 30, 2017 -> Sent email asking to look for I-765 (My I-765 was LOST)
September 8, 2017 -> Biometrics Appt for I-485
September 26, 2017 -> Received email from USCIS I-765 found and PD August 4
October, 2017 -> NOA for I-765 and Tier 2 officer cancelled 2nd biometrics

November 3, 2017 -> Raised SR online for I-765

December 11, 2017 -> SR showed as "completed" by the assigned officer

January 8, 2018 -> Name was updated 

January 18, 2018 -> interview scheduled

5 minutes ago, GoodVibesOnly said:

Hi. I’m thinking of giving it another try with the congressman after almost 200 days with no EAD news. I seriously need to work, this is driving me NUTS. I don’t think I can wait any longer and no one on the other side really seems to help or care. This is getting to a point where it is worse than hell and am not getting any younger in this waiting. The clock doesn’t stop ticking and opportunities are missed.

Do you have a sample letter of what should be included in the content?? What did you include or say?? Was it long or short? Super formal or straight to the point? I ask this since my case had several mistakes made my USCIS (not only on i765 but i485 as well) but not sure if i should include every single detail (TOO MUCH info) in the letter to the congressman since they could think it’s too much bla blah and won’t even read it or care. and I really only care about the EAD for now and it’s far beyond processing Times. Not sure if I should try to be straight to the point this time or write a lot... 

*tears* :( 

congrats btw! Must feel great to finally have the EAD approved. 

Thank you and sorry to hear about your case.

You can try send email or call them (but I tried to send email and even call my congresswoman and they didnt response). Thus, I think you should come your congressman's office and then tell them anything about your case. 

p/s: Last week, I checked 500 receipt numbers around mine, and i saw a lot of case i-765 (August filers) are still stick with status "case was received".

Timeline
48 minutes ago, LP123 said:

Thank you and sorry to hear about your case.

You can try send email or call them (but I tried to send email and even call my congresswoman and they didnt response). Thus, I think you should come your congressman's office and then tell them anything about your case. 

p/s: Last week, I checked 500 receipt numbers around mine, and i saw a lot of case i-765 (August filers) are still stick with status "case was received".

Thanks for the love and sympathy, it helps to talk about it! <3 So, check this out, I have been checking everyday for an INFOPASS appointment in my area, and there are absolutely no appointments available ever! lol Our congressmen is a republican, who are totally against immigration reform at this time moment, so I do not believe it will help. I did email the congressmen's office, never got a response. Then I decided that I should hand write a request, yet I figured that they may never respond. I also saw that the NBC service center has one star reviews, extremely bad reviews, and that is where our case is being processed so I do not know how beneficial it will be to contact NBC even. I guess its just the waiting came left now. I do not understand how our system is and it is unfortunate that the system can not even assist American citizens with legalizing their spouses. :( 

Edited by Faby&Jaz
correction

So I see that a lot of people here haven't got their EAD yet (just like me). Can someone please explain to me how people who applied in September, October and November got theirs? Why haven't we received ours?? How does the process work? What could the reason be that August filers aren't approved when others later are?

Timeline
17 hours ago, Londonergirl said:

So I see that a lot of people here haven't got their EAD yet (just like me). Can someone please explain to me how people who applied in September, October and November got theirs? Why haven't we received ours?? How does the process work? What could the reason be that August filers aren't approved when others later are?

It seems as if we will never get our papers. :( 

Timeline
10 hours ago, Londonergirl said:

We will! But I wonder why we haven't yet?? What is the reason normally? 

Apparently they are back logged. Yet, I don't understand how they are working on September applicants now. Does not make any sense. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 2/17/2018 at 8:45 PM, Londonergirl said:

I see that you are fairly new or almost just a few posts, be sure that same questions you have hundreds of other people here are asking the same without a proper answer. This is the way that USCIS works at this point, unfortunately this is the said answer.

8/14/17 --- AOS sent I-485, I-765, I-131

8/16/17 --- AOS Packet received Chicago USCIS Day 0

8/21/17  --- Received email & text notification 

8/23/17  --- Received hard copy of NOA  

9/01/17  --- Biometrics letter notice for I-485 & I-765 & I-131  

9/11/17  --- Biometrics Appointment Done

10/17/17 - Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview

11/30/2017 - EAD/AP Approved
12/01/2017 - Card in Production
12/05/2017 - Received Approval Notice in the Mail
12/06//2017 - Card Mailed (Priority Mail) to Me
12/07/2017 - Card Received 

1/19/18  --- Interview Date 2/21

2/21/18  ---  Approved on the Spot

• 1 hour after the interview received uscis mobile app alert
  • Status changed from "Interview is scheduled" to "New Card Is Being Produced

2/26/18  --- Received hard copy of NOA for the Green Card

2/26/18  --- USCIS Mobile Status changed to "Card was mailed to me"

2/28/18 --- Permanent Resident/Green Card received :jest:

Travelling with Combo Card Feedback 

AOS Interview - Review and Tips

Brazil Instructions After i-129F Approval    and  Emails Sent by NVC and Brazilian Embassy after the i-129F approval

B2 Visa Experience / Mother-in-law financially challenged for visa

Please register for informed delivery if it is applicable in your region - USPS INFORMED DELIVERY

NVC - (603)-334-0700

USCIS - 800-375-5283

" Have you tried the search tool? K1 isnt an easy process and a LOT of reading is required to avoid problems (RFEs) etc, if you dont like reading, be prepared to spend WAY more time and couple more $$$ with an lawyer " 

Timeline
1 hour ago, T_P said:

I see that you are fairly new or almost just a few posts, be sure that same questions you have hundreds of other people here are asking the same without a proper answer. This is the way that USCIS works at this point, unfortunately this is the said answer.

At this point, we are all playing the waiting game. 😔 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 minute ago, Faby&Jaz said:

At this point, we are all playing the waiting game. 😔 

That is the best you can do by now.

8/14/17 --- AOS sent I-485, I-765, I-131

8/16/17 --- AOS Packet received Chicago USCIS Day 0

8/21/17  --- Received email & text notification 

8/23/17  --- Received hard copy of NOA  

9/01/17  --- Biometrics letter notice for I-485 & I-765 & I-131  

9/11/17  --- Biometrics Appointment Done

10/17/17 - Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview

11/30/2017 - EAD/AP Approved
12/01/2017 - Card in Production
12/05/2017 - Received Approval Notice in the Mail
12/06//2017 - Card Mailed (Priority Mail) to Me
12/07/2017 - Card Received 

1/19/18  --- Interview Date 2/21

2/21/18  ---  Approved on the Spot

• 1 hour after the interview received uscis mobile app alert
  • Status changed from "Interview is scheduled" to "New Card Is Being Produced

2/26/18  --- Received hard copy of NOA for the Green Card

2/26/18  --- USCIS Mobile Status changed to "Card was mailed to me"

2/28/18 --- Permanent Resident/Green Card received :jest:

Travelling with Combo Card Feedback 

AOS Interview - Review and Tips

Brazil Instructions After i-129F Approval    and  Emails Sent by NVC and Brazilian Embassy after the i-129F approval

B2 Visa Experience / Mother-in-law financially challenged for visa

Please register for informed delivery if it is applicable in your region - USPS INFORMED DELIVERY

NVC - (603)-334-0700

USCIS - 800-375-5283

" Have you tried the search tool? K1 isnt an easy process and a LOT of reading is required to avoid problems (RFEs) etc, if you dont like reading, be prepared to spend WAY more time and couple more $$$ with an lawyer " 

Timeline
51 minutes ago, Londonergirl said:

I have just seen that people applying for AOS after me at the same field office already got their GC. And I don't even have EAD?

This is what frustrates me as well. Yet, when I called the uscis hotline number the tier 2 officer told me that it depends on the officer who is assigned to your case. If the officer has not looked at it, there is nothing you can do but is to wait. Also I wanted to mention that I asked my attorney.as well who said there has been a delay to the cases due to NBC being backlogged. Hope that helps. 

Edited by Faby&Jaz

I have a theory about why some people (me included) are still waiting from August. 

Every single time I spoke to a Tier 2 officer until Jan, they said my case was still undergoing background checks. I have zero idea why this would be, I have no criminal history, and a unique name. But maybe those of us waiting were unlucky enough to have long background checks. Once the check is complete, they start looking at the file. So for me, maybe the check was complete in January, and that's when I got my RFIE. For others, once the check was complete in Jan/Feb, they got their EADs. 

Just an effort to try find some logic in this agonizing process... 

August 2017 - June 2018 AoS

April 2020 - January 2021 RoC

Jan 2022 - September 2022 Citizenship

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.