autonaut

August 2017 AOS Filers

3,270 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
4 minutes ago, mushroomspore said:

VJ users do not make up 100% of USCIS applicants. I've read the ombudsman 90-page reports as well as the charts listing all applications from all field offices and their breakdowns of approvals, denials, and still-pending. VJ is not the end-all and be-all of USCIS statistics either and that is what I have been saying in my other posts about this particular point about EADs.

??? VJ users are not applicants ? Yes they are, are they 100 percent no. But no statistical polling takes into account all 400 mil americans, only small sample like usually 1000. The thing you enter in your timeline thats what the VJ processing times page uses . So when people update there timeline that will immediately factor in to current processing times. I am an accountant, you can believe me when I tell you this is as accurate as it gets for this process and it proves itself right with most people being approved in that timeframe. 

Just do some more reading through the threads and you will see most people in later filler threads even getting approved in 2 months now 

Edited by mustang85635

7 minutes ago, mustang85635 said:

??? VJ users are not applicants ? Yes they are, are they 100 percent no. But no statistical polling takes into account all 400 mil americans, only small sample like usually 1000. The thing you enter in your timeline thats what the VJ processing times page uses . So when people update there timeline that will immediately factor in to current processing times. I am an accountant, you can believe me when I tell you this is as accurate as it gets for this process and it proves itself right with most people being approved in that timeframe. 

Just do some more reading through the threads and you will see most people in later filler threads even getting approved in 2 months now 

I did not say VJ users are not applicants. I said they are not 100% of USCIS' applicants. VJ is a popular site but I don't think we even make up 50% of USCIS' total applications.

Edited by mushroomspore

Timeline
6 minutes ago, mushroomspore said:

I did not say VJ users are not applicants. I said they are not 100% of USCIS' applicants. 

I edited it (writing on my phone,sorry).. It is statistics, you take a small sample of different people from different places and all walks of life and it gives you a very accurate picture of the whole image . Just like in political polling this is exactly the same way VJ does it . It is backed by science not some minimum wage outsourced USCIS rep telling you something they make up so that you get you off the phone as quick as possible because THATS THERE JOB .

Edited by mustang85635

6 minutes ago, mustang85635 said:

I edited it (writing on my phone,sorry).. It is statistics, you take a small sample of different people from different places and all walks of life and it gives you a very accurate picture of the whole image . Just like in political polling this is exactly the same way VJ does it . It is backed by science not some minimum wage outsourced USCIS rep telling you something they make up so that you get you off the phone as quick as possible because THATS THERE JOB .

You also made the very good point about people updating their timelines. A lot of users here don't. I haven't even filled mine out. So once again, VJ's accuracy is questionable.

Timeline
Just now, mushroomspore said:

You also made the very good point about people updating their timelines. A lot of users here don't. I haven't even filled mine out. So once again, VJ's accuracy is questionable.

A lot of users don't ? Ok so ? A lot of users do including me. I already told you it doesn't matter if its 1000 or 500. It gives enough information especially because they are all processed in one location. 

I know August fillers have been slow but it is not the norm and even 90 percent in this thread have received there EAD/AP and it didn't take them 8 months.

2 minutes ago, mustang85635 said:

A lot of users don't ? Ok so ? A lot of users do including me. I already told you it doesn't matter if its 1000 or 500. It gives enough information especially because they are all processed in one location. 

I know August fillers have been slow but it is not the norm and even 90 percent in this thread have received there EAD/AP and it didn't take them 8 months.

This seems to be escalating into a conflict. I'd suggest keeping this a supportive space. 

August 2017 - June 2018 AoS

April 2020 - January 2021 RoC

Jan 2022 - September 2022 Citizenship

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Hamilton said:

This seems to be escalating into a conflict. I'd suggest keeping this a supportive space. 

According to @mushroomspore you are in normal processing times which is up to 8 months lol . Sorry but when such misinformation is spread I do have to say something. 

Just now, mustang85635 said:

According to @mushroomspore you are in normal processing times which is up to 8 months lol . Sorry but when such misinformation is spread I do have to say something. 

@mushroomspore and I have both been waiting for a long time with no response, and considering you got your EAD/AP in 77 days, I think it could be really nice if you recognized that fact and perhaps were less aggressive about forcing your viewpoint. 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Hamilton said:

@mushroomspore and I have both been waiting for a long time with no response, and considering you got your EAD/AP in 77 days, I think it could be really nice if you recognized that fact and perhaps were less aggressive about forcing your viewpoint. 

I am forcing my viewpoint? No I am telling you the numbers from visa journey and from other threads that you can read yourself too. That you have been waiting long really sucks but Is it the fault of USCIS or that there is some problem with the file. I dont know that you will see yourself in a few days and I will gladly help out with whatever I can once I read about it. That is supportive in my opinion.

Edited by mustang85635

1 minute ago, mustang85635 said:

I am forcing my viewpoint? No I am telling you the numbers from visa journey and from other threads that you can read yourself too. That you have been waiting long really sucks but Is it the fault of USCIS or that there is some problem with the file. I dont know that you will see yourself in a few days.

I'm not arguing about this with you. This isn't my argument. 

I am just interjecting the conversation here to say that people can have differing viewpoints and still respect each other.

Timeline
Just now, Hamilton said:

I'm not arguing about this with you. This isn't my argument. 

I am just interjecting the conversation here to say that people can have differing viewpoints and still respect each other.

Hope your RFIE comes in the mail quickly. Who filled out your I-864. Did they meet the income requirements etc ? Did you use cosponsor ?

Timeline
2 minutes ago, LP123 said:

After searching ~ 3000 cases around my number case, I realize that most cases (i131, i765) which were filed on Aug have had “Case was received” status.

Yes thats because they stopped updating online status in NOVEMBER 2017 according to my tracker. My case status is also case received like most people approved recently they only get the notice in the mail .

7 minutes ago, mustang85635 said:

Hope your RFIE comes in the mail quickly. Who filled out your I-864. Did they meet the income requirements etc ? Did you use cosponsor ?

Thanks. Yes, my wife easily meets the income requirements.

Just now, mustang85635 said:

Yes thats because they stopped updating online status in NOVEMBER 2017 according to my tracker. My case status is also case received like most people approved recently they only get the notice in the mail .

Oh, really? I dont know that. I just checked the online status and felt so worry. thank you so much.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.