autonaut

August 2017 AOS Filers

3,270 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
1 minute ago, Louv said:

I dont really see how that makes sense, are you saying that people who's EADs are late are case problems ?  From what you say all the files are looked at within 90 days but it takes them over 3 months to actually send the RFIE ?  An RFIE is supposed to be noticed while the file is initially reviewed so just as they open it ?  Why would it take them so long to send it ? 

I think a better explanation would be that wherever @Hamilton's case is they barely just opened it cause theyre so far behind...

And I think some people lately/after 90 days have gotten their eads/news without problems....

What you say worries me,I still dont have news from my case

Yes, thats exactly right and it shows in this thread . People receiving late RFIEs havent received EAD/AP . Most people that get 485 status “ready to schedule” dont get this holdup . 

Also you are mistaken in a sense that I485 gets processed in same place and officer as I765 which is wrong its a complete different department and officer workin on those . 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Louv said:

Thats really good !  So they wait to send you your EAD until you are scheduled ?  Are you going to get an EAD or directly interview ? 

About the EAD and AP I got an  email that a will receive a decision shortly or notice of other action, so IDK if I will receive it or just go directly to interview I'm happy to have a positive update 😊.

36 minutes ago, Louv said:

I dont really see how that makes sense, are you saying that people who's EADs are late are case problems ?  From what you say all the files are looked at within 90 days but it takes them over 3 months to actually send the RFIE ?  An RFIE is supposed to be noticed while the file is initially reviewed so just as they open it ?  Why would it take them so long to send it ? 

I think a better explanation would be that wherever @Hamilton's case is they barely just opened it cause theyre so far behind...

And I think some people lately/after 90 days have gotten their eads/news without problems....

What you say worries me,I still dont have news from my case

You are correct. We can't extrapolate from this thread about the entire process and all filers. 

It seems some of us are just profoundly unlucky, and our cases don't get looked at for a long time. Eg @GoodVibesOnly STILL doesn't have their EAD/AP -- but their interview just got scheduled. It seems maybe our cases finally got looked at together - but while theirs was deemed ok, ours was deemed missing info...

August 2017 - June 2018 AoS

April 2020 - January 2021 RoC

Jan 2022 - September 2022 Citizenship

9 minutes ago, Hamilton said:

You are correct. We can't extrapolate from this thread about the entire process and all filers. 

It seems some of us are just profoundly unlucky, and our cases don't get looked at for a long time. Eg @GoodVibesOnly STILL doesn't have their EAD/AP -- but their interview just got scheduled. It seems maybe our cases finally got looked at together - but while theirs was deemed ok, ours was deemed missing info...

Ok just saw your posts about it. But if the RFE is for the 485, I suppose that could kinda explain the holdup on the 765. But I know TONS of people who got their EAD after 100+ days and never received an RFE for anything. I don't think they're that correlated. They're just bogged down in paperwork. 70-90 days for EAD is not the norm and neither is getting an RFE this late.

1 hour ago, mustang85635 said:

That was the reason for the hold up in the first place . Because most EAD/APs get processed in 60-90 days currently for the majority especially filleds after october in 60-80 days . 

I am september filler and it took mine77 days . 

So when I always read you and other peoples post I kind of knew there was something going on behind the scenes ( like Avinash , where is he btw)

So make sure you respond quickly . This was likely the holdup so its good news but I can understand also frustrating . Share the RFIE with us please 

I don't know where you're getting your info but the 60-90 day standard is inaccurate and USCIS has purposely said they are not accountable to it anymore because they know it's been taking them longer to adjudicate EAD/AP. Also, I have been following several forums and MANY people have gotten their EAD/AP after 120+ days without an RFE. People whose EADs are taking a long time doesn't mean they're problematic cases and saying so is inaccurate and presents the wrong picture of what's going on. It has to do MOSTLY with USCIS' work pace that has slowed incredibly over the past year. @Hamilton getting an RFE this late is an outlier, not the average.

Timeline
7 minutes ago, mushroomspore said:

I don't know where you're getting your info but the 60-90 day standard is inaccurate and USCIS has purposely said they are not accountable to it anymore because they know it's been taking them longer to adjudicate EAD/AP. Also, I have been following several forums and MANY people have gotten their EAD/AP after 120+ days without an RFE. People whose EADs are taking a long time doesn't mean they're problematic cases and saying so is inaccurate and presents the wrong picture of what's going on. It has to do MOSTLY with USCIS' work pace that has slowed incredibly over the past year. @Hamilton getting an RFE this late is an outlier, not the average.

I am getting my info from visa journey lol . According to visa journey average time to get is about 3 months . And looking at november december fillers many even got it in 60 days . Most people in August also receivec it already its only few people waiting . 

The 60-90 days is from my observation ( there was never a 60-90 day USCIS guideline btw it was 90 ) , and all I said was there have been a few cases even in this thread where people waited 120+ and got RFIE after and usually as a result of contacting congressman that have resulted in having officers look at whole file and determine if its approvable or not. 

Your observation is maybe tarnished because of the fact that those people write a lot more about there delays then people who got approved . A sober look at visa journey processing timelines that take into consideration all current applications and approvals shows it is currently taking aprox. 86 days for approval , not 120+

Edited by mustang85635

4 minutes ago, mustang85635 said:

I am getting my info from visa journey lol . According to visa journey average time to get is about 3 months . And looking at november december fillers many even got it in 60 days . Most people in August also receivec it already its only few people waiting . 

The 60-90 days is from my observation ( there was never a 60-90 day USCIS guideline btw it was 90 ) , and all I said was there have been a few cases even in this thread where people waited 120+ and got RFIE after and usually as a result of contacting congressman that have resulted in having officers look at whole file and determine if its approvable or not. 

Your observation is maybe tarnished because of the fact that those people write a lot more about there delays then people who got approved . A sober look at visa journey processing timelines that take into consideration all current applications and approvals shows it is currently taking aprox. 86 days for approval , not 120+

I think you are right. Of course, there are always exceptions but this seems to hold kinda true when looking into the VJ numbers. 

11/25/2017 - AOS Papers Sent

11/27/2017 - Package delivered by FedEx

12/07/2017 - NOA1's received in the mail

12/15/2017 - Biometrics Appointment letter received scheduled for 12/27/2017

12/22/2017 - Biometrics done I-485 & I-765 via Walk-In Brooklyn (done in under 15 Minutes)

02/14/2018 - Service Request to expedite my EAD put in via Hotline plus contacted my Congressman for help

03/13/2018 - EAD & AP approval Letters in the mail (106 days since filing)

03/15/2018 - EAD/AP Card in the mail <3 

Timeline

I dont want to ignite a sideline discussion who is right or wrong the numbers are the numbers .

@Hamilton I think its very positive news for you because it means your case is moving forward especially the I-485 which is more important anyway . You can pump the RFIE out with our help noproblem its probably related to financial  documentation ( Any problems in regards to filling out I-864 ?) in less then a week and your EAD/AP should be approved shortly after. 

Filed: Other Country: Vietnam
Timeline
On 1/30/2018 at 11:37 AM, LP123 said:

I had a dream last night that i received my combo card. I woke up and found my phone to check the case’s status. and then I felt extremely upset :(.

I dont want to do anything at all today! I fought with my husband about cancelling our wedding in March because I dont want to waste another year for waiting a new visa to come back US.

I was dreaming that I got the interview appointment on Feb 4th. Hope it comes true :D. Waiting in hopeless now !!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I've been away for a while cause things have been busy but I have seen that some people here already got their interviews scheduled!! That's so great you guys!! 

ROC:

June 27, 2020 - Sent packet via USPS

July 3, 2020 - Case Received (California Service Center)

August 5, 2020 - NOA Received

January 6, 2021: Case Transferred to NBC Office

July 6, 2021: Previous biometrics reused

October 12, 2021: Interview Scheduled for November 8, 2021

November 8, 2021: Permanent Green Card Approved!

Timeline (From J-1 visa to Adjustment of Status):

Juy 3rd 2017 - Got Married!

July 8th 2017 - Mailed AOS packet

July 11th 2017 - PD

August 14th 2017 - Biometrics Appt (for I-485)

August 21th 2017 - Biometrics (for I-765)

August 24th 2017 - Updated online for Case Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview

October 16th 2017 - Advance Parole Approved (after 100 days)

October 20th 2017 - Received Advance Parole in the mail

November 16th 2017 - 'New Card Is Being Produced' (after 108 days)

November 25th 2017 - Received EAD in the mail

August 16th, 2018 - Status Changed to "Interview Was Scheduled"

August 25th, 2018 - Interview Scheduled For September 25, 2018

September 25th, 2018 - Green Card Approved at Interview

October 3rd, 2018 - Received Green Card In The Mail

1 hour ago, mustang85635 said:

Umm no. Lawyers have told me they used to tell clients 3-4 months for EADs. They are now telling their clients 5-7 months. USCIS reps have also told callers 5-8 months.

Timeline
6 minutes ago, mushroomspore said:

Umm no. Lawyers have told me they used to tell clients 3-4 months for EADs. They are now telling their clients 5-7 months. USCIS reps have also told callers 5-8 months.

LOL at lawyers and USCIS reps. Buddy you might as well believe earth is flat then :P 

The reason those people tell them that is because they have clients call in everyday asking where is my EAD/AP and if they tell them 3 months then those people will go crazy if its 92 days . Lawyers and USCIS Reps dont care about when you get your EAD/AP and most dont have in depth knowledge of the process anyway.

When I went to info pass at 60 day mark because I needed to travel to my home country and ask what status my EAD/AP is the OFFICER said its normal to wait 6-9 months for EAD/AP and I should come back then . I received it two weeks later... So yea.

Stick to visa journey timelines it is statistical maths. It takes the applications and approvals current and past and shows you a very accurate picture that is not from 6 months ago like USCIS website and currently it says 86 days.

USCIS reps have also told callers 5-8 months

Thats how long average AOS takes for most people. I mean lots of people have received interview notice in last few days and even some green card . So its completely hoax statement backed up by no data. 

Edited by mustang85635

1 minute ago, mustang85635 said:

LOL at lawyers and USCIS reps. Buddy you might as well believe earth is flat then :P 

The reason those people tell them that is because they have clients call in everyday asking where is my EAD/AP and if they tell them 3 months then those people will go crazy if its 92 days . Lawyers and USCIS Reps dont care about when you get your EAD/AP and most dont have in depth knowledge of the process anyway.

When I went to info pass at 60 day mark because I needed to travel to my home country and ask what status my EAD/AP is the OFFICER said its normal to wait 6-9 months for EAD/AP and I should come back then . I received it two weeks later... So yea.

Stick to visa journey timelines it is statistical maths. It takes the applications and approvals current and past and shows you a very accurate picture that is not from 6 months ago like USCIS website and currently it says 86 days.

VJ users do not make up 100% of USCIS applicants. I've read the ombudsman 90-page reports as well as the charts listing all applications from all field offices and their breakdowns of approvals, denials, and still-pending. VJ is not the end-all and be-all of USCIS statistics either and that is what I have been saying in my other posts about this particular point about EADs.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.