autonaut

August 2017 AOS Filers

3,270 posts in this topic

No updates here but I was in the May filers thread. Looks like a bunch of them got their interviews scheduled. I have a feeling this means most of us will get our interview notices in February and March.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

finally saw an update on my case status page that my interview is scheduled for next month. best of luck to everyone :)

On 1/4/2018 at 10:34 PM, Jesusboy said:

Congratulations! I'm happy for you.

thank you @Jesusboy

Hi all, 

I've been waiting for an AP update (173 days). I'm really nervous because I have to go back my country for traditional wedding in March. I stopped by USCIS local office on Monday to ask about why my case taking too long and a lady opened a expedite request for my cases. But when I got home and checked my case in website, I realized the lady open an expedite request for my EAD. Thus, should I open another request to expedite my AP?

p/s: I'm really sad when I knew many filers in Nov got their approval.

7 hours ago, mushroomspore said:

No updates here but I was in the May filers thread. Looks like a bunch of them got their interviews scheduled. I have a feeling this means most of us will get our interview notices in February and March.

Multiple Tier 2 officers have told me that my 485 is still at the NBC. That means it hasn't made it to the local office, and so it isn't even in line to get an interview scheduled... 

August 2017 - June 2018 AoS

April 2020 - January 2021 RoC

Jan 2022 - September 2022 Citizenship

Hey guys hope ur all ok I know  have not posted in while busy with work. Anyway  just checked my status update yesterday and my interview date has been set up for 28 February next month. Any tips what I should prepare?  

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
50 minutes ago, adipo21 said:

Hey guys hope ur all ok I know  have not posted in while busy with work. Anyway  just checked my status update yesterday and my interview date has been set up for 28 February next month. Any tips what I should prepare?  

Great congrats....Ours was also scheduled for Feb, but a little earlier (on 21).

Some of the things to take;

- More photos (Wedding, Family, friends)

- Bank statements with joint accounts

- Health Insurance if she included you

- Car Loan (if any)

- Mortgage docs in both names (if any)

- Maybe know some of the basics about your wife, like favorite color, phone number, address, family names etc....

Make sure you guys (you and wife) are aligned to answer questions about future, next steps in relationship etc...hope that helps.

Good luck

8/14/17 --- AOS sent I-485, I-765, I-131

8/16/17 --- AOS Packet received Chicago USCIS Day 0

8/21/17  --- Received email & text notification 

8/23/17  --- Received hard copy of NOA  

9/01/17  --- Biometrics letter notice for I-485 & I-765 & I-131  

9/11/17  --- Biometrics Appointment Done

10/17/17 - Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview

11/30/2017 - EAD/AP Approved
12/01/2017 - Card in Production
12/05/2017 - Received Approval Notice in the Mail
12/06//2017 - Card Mailed (Priority Mail) to Me
12/07/2017 - Card Received 

1/19/18  --- Interview Date 2/21

2/21/18  ---  Approved on the Spot

• 1 hour after the interview received uscis mobile app alert
  • Status changed from "Interview is scheduled" to "New Card Is Being Produced

2/26/18  --- Received hard copy of NOA for the Green Card

2/26/18  --- USCIS Mobile Status changed to "Card was mailed to me"

2/28/18 --- Permanent Resident/Green Card received :jest:

Travelling with Combo Card Feedback 

AOS Interview - Review and Tips

Brazil Instructions After i-129F Approval    and  Emails Sent by NVC and Brazilian Embassy after the i-129F approval

B2 Visa Experience / Mother-in-law financially challenged for visa

Please register for informed delivery if it is applicable in your region - USPS INFORMED DELIVERY

NVC - (603)-334-0700

USCIS - 800-375-5283

" Have you tried the search tool? K1 isnt an easy process and a LOT of reading is required to avoid problems (RFEs) etc, if you dont like reading, be prepared to spend WAY more time and couple more $$$ with an lawyer " 

17 minutes ago, T_P said:

Great congrats....Ours was also scheduled for Feb, but a little earlier (on 21).

Some of the things to take;

- More photos (Wedding, Family, friends)

- Bank statements with joint accounts

- Health Insurance if she included you

- Car Loan (if any)

- Mortgage docs in both names (if any)

- Maybe know some of the basics about your wife, like favorite color, phone number, address, family names etc....

Make sure you guys (you and wife) are aligned to answer questions about future, next steps in relationship etc...hope that helps.

Good luck

Thank you am we dont have insurance and am not on my husband car insurance cause don't how to drive. Congratulations to on your interview 😊😊😊😊hope u guys are preparing 

Edited by adipo21

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hello, 

Does anybody have more up to date information on the processing time (I-485) for the Phoenix field office? Like, how is it now, not "as of" October 31 as it is shown on the website. Maybe someone called USCIS to get this information.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
On 1/26/2018 at 1:58 PM, obtusifolium said:

Today I received my green card. I think it might have gotten here yesterday since I opened the mailbox this morning, but anyway I found it today.

My journey is finally over, and I hope everyone would receive their card really soon.

I am leaving my final timeline here. Hope it helps someone.

-

4th Aug, Package sent (485, 765, 131)

8th Aug, Package delivered

9th Aug, Priority date

15th Aug, 3 texts/emails received

16th Aug, Check withdrawn

21st Aug, 3 Receipt NOAs received

23rd Aug, Status checking available on the USCIS website

25th Aug, Biometrics appointment letter received

5th Sep, Biometrics done

18th Oct, 'Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview' (485)

26th Oct, 'Case Was Approved' (765 & 131)

30th Oct, 2 Approval NOAs received (765 & 131)

30th Oct, 'Card Was Mailed To Me' (765 & 131)

2nd Nov, Combo card received

17th Dec, An interview NOA received

18th Jan, The interview

23rd Jan, An approval NOA received (485)

26th Jan, Green card received

CONGRATULATIONS 🎉🙌🏼😊

Timeline
1 hour ago, askerfromAZ said:

Hello, 

Does anybody have more up to date information on the processing time (I-485) for the Phoenix field office? Like, how is it now, not "as of" October 31 as it is shown on the website. Maybe someone called USCIS to get this information.

I live in Phoenix my PD 08-7 and I have no news since biometricts back in September 7 did you receive your AP ? 

Timeline
Just now, Canelita said:

I live in Phoenix my PD 08-7 and I have no news since biometricts back in September 7 did you receive your AP ? 

Nada. I filed for AOS in April 2017, had my biometrics in June 1 and have nothing yet. No EAD or AP. What about you?

5 minutes ago, askerfromAZ said:

Nada. I filed for AOS in April 2017, had my biometrics in June 1 and have nothing yet. No EAD or AP. What about you?

Wow. Have you contacted a Congressperson? What does USCIS say?

August 2017 - June 2018 AoS

April 2020 - January 2021 RoC

Jan 2022 - September 2022 Citizenship

Timeline
1 minute ago, Hamilton said:

Wow. Have you contacted a Congressperson? What does USCIS say?

I did a SR and received an email saying "You should receive a decision or notice of other action shortly." Now I need to know what do they mean by "shortly." Someone here said the officer told them shortly means "up to 30 days." So I still have to wait, since I did it this Jan 11.

Hello everyone got my appointment interview letter today my appointment its at 7:30.My question is anyone who got there GC did u bring all the documents they requested on the appointment letter? 

Timeline
48 minutes ago, askerfromAZ said:

Same Nada I contacted my local congresswoman before Christmas they received an update email from USCIS 12-28 similar to yours that I will receive a decision shortly or other action and I nothing after 30days I contacted my local congresswoman again this morning. So sad are USCIS picking on us, its just nor right you should got your GC already. My NBC Lee  Summit Missouri, what about you?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.