misspx

Question regarding documents to carry

29 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, az2014 said:

You need to show your own ties to your home country.

You do not need anything from your brother. If at the interview they ask you what does your brother do then you can simply tell them.

I know. I'm going to carry a sanctioned leave letter from my boss, my last three months paystubs and my bank statement with me. I was just wondering if it's okay to carry those from my brother just in case the interviewer asks to see them..

Edited by misspx

Filed: Timeline
6 minutes ago, misspx said:

I know. I'm going to carry a sanctioned leave letter from my boss, my last three months paystubs and my bank statement with me. I was just wondering if it's okay to carry those from my brother just in case the interviewer asks to see them..

If you really want to and it makes you feel better then sure why not, but the interview will be about you not your brother.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Only documents need are for yourself showing ties to home country. Also do not hand in any document unless you are asked to do so. You should ensure that you also have financial statements and property or motor vehicle documents or even house or apartment lease. If you are in a part time undergrad programme do get support evidence of that. Those things i listed will go along way with your lettet from employer. 

Remember the interview is about you the applicant not your brother. Just ensure you know when and how he got to the US and what is his is field of employment and his employer and hid home address and you should be good.

Relax and just answer as truthfully as possible and don't buckle shuffle on your answers know what you are saving and say it confidently.

Visa - CR1

Service Center - Nebraska

PD - January 26, 2017

NOA1 - January 31, 2017

NOA2 - November 3, 2017

State Department - Sent November 7, 2017

NVC Received - November 9, 2017

Consular Interview - January 5, 2018

Port of Entry - Miami on January 19, 2018

ROC Mailed - December 14, 2019

ROC Rec'd - December 16, 2019

E-Notification - December 19, 2019

ROC sent to National Benefits Center (MSC receipt #)

Cheque cashed December 20, 2019

Ready to Schedule for interview - October 7, 2020

No ROC interview

New card is being produced - August 16, 2021
Card received - August 23, 2021

N400 -  Online

Filed - July 19, 2021
NOA - July 24, 2021

Biometrics - August 16, 2021
Interview - December 14, 2021

Approval - January 27, 2021

Oath Ceremony Notice Mailed - March 17, 2022

Oath Ceremony - March 30, 2022

Passport Book and Card in hand August 12th and 14th 2022.

My journey is finally over 🥰

53 minutes ago, Longingfor said:

Only documents need are for yourself showing ties to home country. Also do not hand in any document unless you are asked to do so. You should ensure that you also have financial statements and property or motor vehicle documents or even house or apartment lease. If you are in a part time undergrad programme do get support evidence of that. Those things i listed will go along way with your lettet from employer. 

Remember the interview is about you the applicant not your brother. Just ensure you know when and how he got to the US and what is his is field of employment and his employer and hid home address and you should be good.

Relax and just answer as truthfully as possible and don't buckle shuffle on your answers know what you are saving and say it confidently.

Thanks for the advice. :)

I wouldn't send a copy of my passport or any visa via smartphone -- too much personal information that could be compromised.  And, it is info that is not needed.  It does nothing to improve your case and, if the visa officer really wants to see the info on the visa, he/she can look it up in their system.

52 minutes ago, misspx said:

One more question... how much bank balance should be adequate enough to show the VO during the interview?

Keep in mind: 

My father will be paying for the flight tickets and I'll be staying at my brother's place for two weeks so I wouldn't really be spending much.

Thanks a lot.

Instead of your bank balance, they are more likely to ask about your job, how long you have had it, how much you earn etc.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

There is no set number but the more the better and anyway it is what it is.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I would get a statement as well, probably not needed but if you are going to take it anyway why not.

Edited by Boiler

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.