Kooky

How long between getting notice of EAD/AP card being produced (via email/website) to receiving card in-hand?

47 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Beachlover said:

I don't think so. I received EAD card with notification " not valid for reentry into the US'. The AP is a a form with my personal information and a picture.

It's supposed to be a combo card but we have had a couple of cases in the December filers thread where they got the EAD and AP separately despite the fact that they sent the applications in together at the same time. So sometimes USCIS do mistakes like that. But it's obviously not an issue, just a hassle having to bring an extra paper that doesn't fit in your wallet.. The combo card is better imo.

K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017

ROC: 04-22-2019 - 04-22-2020
Naturalization: 05-01-2020 - 03-16-2021

U.S. passport: 03-30-2021 - 05-08-2021

En livstid i krig. Göteborg killed it. Epic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBs3G1PvyfM&ab_channel=Sabaton

Filed: F-1 Visa Country:
Timeline
52 minutes ago, Scandi said:

It's supposed to be a combo card but we have had a couple of cases in the December filers thread where they got the EAD and AP separately despite the fact that they sent the applications in together at the same time. So sometimes USCIS do mistakes like that. But it's obviously not an issue, just a hassle having to bring an extra paper that doesn't fit in your wallet.. The combo card is better imo.

I had no idea it was supposed to be a combo card. And yeah, i agree that a combo card is better.and hassle free.

image-2017-12-29 (1).jpg

Timeline
58 minutes ago, Sunnyland said:

When I applied for my AP and EAD, I received a combo card like the attachment sample. You will see the wording at the bottom of the card "Serves as I-512 Advance Parole". Usually you will get something like this if you did your AP and EAD at same time. 

ead2.png

Yeah, mine looks the same with the exception of the bottom sentence.

image-2017-12-29 (1).jpg

Timeline
1 hour ago, Kooky said:

Which online update?  That it was mailed or that it was being produced?

That it was produced. The next day I received it.

And couple days later it said: it is mailed lol.

image-2017-12-29 (1).jpg

Timeline
1 hour ago, Kooky said:

How long ago was that?  It has been combo cards for at least a couple of years.

I received my card beginning of May 2017.

image-2017-12-29 (1).jpg

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
On 8/4/2017 at 3:09 PM, azblk said:

Yes I applied for AP. The notification I got simply said :

Your Case Status: Card/ Document Production

On August 4, 2017, we mailed your new card for Receipt Number MSC************, to the address you gave us. If you do not receive your card by September 3, 2017, please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request that we send your new card to you. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

Did you try signing up for myusps to track it?  I am seeing mixed things about whether that works.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Uganda
Timeline
37 minutes ago, Kooky said:

Did you try signing up for myusps to track it?  I am seeing mixed things about whether that works.

Yes I did and it works for me

Timeline
33 minutes ago, azblk said:

Yes I did and it works for me

Congrats! When was yours approved?  I am seeing that some people's are never updated from card produced to say it was mailed (it just comes).  

Edited by Kooky

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Uganda
Timeline
6 hours ago, Kooky said:

Congrats! When was yours approved?  I am seeing that some people's are never updated from card produced to say it was mailed (it just comes).  

approved 08/01, mailed 08/04. didn't come today

Timeline

Has anyone recently gotten their EAD/AP card without having the website updated?

I got approved August 2, and we got the letters confirming EAD and AP approved yesterday (mailed Aug 3) but there is no update saying that it has been mailed and I'm getting concerned because myusps isn't indicating that a package has been scheduled to be delivered to me either and we are hoping to travel at the end of the week.  

Going to try calling a Tier 2 next but wanted to know if anyone (recently) had any luck with it coming in spite of the website not being updated/ no usps update.  #giveagirlsomehope

Timeline
On 8/5/2017 at 0:51 PM, Beachlover said:

I received my card beginning of May 2017.

Did you sign up for usps tracking when you got approved?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
4 hours ago, Kooky said:

Has anyone recently gotten their EAD/AP card without having the website updated?

I got approved August 2, and we got the letters confirming EAD and AP approved yesterday (mailed Aug 3) but there is no update saying that it has been mailed and I'm getting concerned because myusps isn't indicating that a package has been scheduled to be delivered to me either and we are hoping to travel at the end of the week.  

Going to try calling a Tier 2 next but wanted to know if anyone (recently) had any luck with it coming in spite of the website not being updated/ no usps update.  #giveagirlsomehope

The caes status feature isn't reliable, it happens often that case updates go missing. I hope Tier 2 can tell you what's going on.

As for MyUSPS, my EAD showed up just fine but my greencard never did, and even when I called USCIS customer support I was told my greencard package hadn't been assigned a tracking number. :rolleyes: The greencard showed up four days later. 

K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017

ROC: 04-22-2019 - 04-22-2020
Naturalization: 05-01-2020 - 03-16-2021

U.S. passport: 03-30-2021 - 05-08-2021

En livstid i krig. Göteborg killed it. Epic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBs3G1PvyfM&ab_channel=Sabaton

Timeline

Some good news.  Spoke to Tier 2 yesterday and he said card was produced on Monday (August 7th).  Yesterday got this update from myusps:

August 8, 2017
3:12 pm
Arrived at USPS Regional Origin Facility KANSAS CITY MO DISTRIBUTION CENTER, 
August 8, 2017
1:57 pm
Accepted at USPS Regional Origin Facility KANSAS CITY MO DISTRIBUTION CENTER, 

Hoping it will arrive Thursday (as we are scheduled to fly out that evening), but if not I suppose the worst of it is having to reschedule my flight a day or so.  Anyone else have some current USPS processing time updates for reference?

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/9/2017 at 10:55 AM, Kooky said:

Some good news.  Spoke to Tier 2 yesterday and he said card was produced on Monday (August 7th).  Yesterday got this update from myusps:

August 8, 2017
3:12 pm
Arrived at USPS Regional Origin Facility KANSAS CITY MO DISTRIBUTION CENTER, 
August 8, 2017
1:57 pm
Accepted at USPS Regional Origin Facility KANSAS CITY MO DISTRIBUTION CENTER, 

Hoping it will arrive Thursday (as we are scheduled to fly out that evening), but if not I suppose the worst of it is having to reschedule my flight a day or so.  Anyone else have some current USPS processing time updates for reference?

Hey Kooky, 

I'm in a similar situation to you—how were you able to speak to a tier 2 and what info did you give them to get an update? I keep just being told I have to wait 30 days from approval :(.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.