Kooky

How long between getting notice of EAD/AP card being produced (via email/website) to receiving card in-hand?

47 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Yesterday, I got notification that "On August 2, 2017, we ordered your new card for Receipt Number MSC***********, and will mail it to the address you gave us," for the EAD and "On August 2, 2017, we approved your Form I-131, Application For USCIS Travel Document, Receipt Number MSC**************. We will mail your approval notice," for AP doc.

Just wondering what people's experiences have been recently in terms of getting the update and getting the card in hand.  We're in NYC if that makes a difference.  Thank you!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country:
Timeline
13 minutes ago, Kooky said:

Yesterday, I got notification that "On August 2, 2017, we ordered your new card for Receipt Number MSC***********, and will mail it to the address you gave us," for the EAD and "On August 2, 2017, we approved your Form I-131, Application For USCIS Travel Document, Receipt Number MSC**************. We will mail your approval notice," for AP doc.

Just wondering what people's experiences have been recently in terms of getting the update and getting the card in hand.  We're in NYC if that makes a difference.  Thank you!

It took 1 week for me :)

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Bzlibem said:

It took 1 week for me :)

From the letter notice (which I haven't gotten yet) or from the update on the website/ email?  When was yours approved?  We are trying to travel next week so I am so so so anxious!!!

About a week. You will get a USPS tracking number on your case status online in the next day or two.

Very important though, before you apply for a SSN (if you don't already have one), make sure you wait ten days between the card issue date, and the day you go to the Social Security office...

Waiting those extra few days will make getting your number a lot faster.

It takes ten days for your information to be updated in SAVE, so the SSA can verify electronically and issue your number faster.

Otherwise, they have to manually do it, and that can take weeks.

Good luck

- Removal of Conditions Timeline -

07/31/17 - Mailed I-751 package to California Service Center

08/01/17 - Package delivered to CSC

08/05/17 - NOA1 received by US mail

08/10/18 - Rec'd new NOA1 with 18 month extension instead of 12 months

10/15/18 - Case transferred to Nebraska

12/26/18 - ROC Approved

Timeline
1 minute ago, cantofla said:

About a week. You will get a USPS tracking number on your case status online in the next day or two.

Very important though, before you apply for a SSN (if you don't already have one), make sure you wait ten days between the card issue date, and the day you go to the Social Security office...

Waiting those extra few days will make getting your number a lot faster.

It takes ten days for your information to be updated in SAVE, so the SSA can verify electronically and issue your number faster.

Otherwise, they have to manually do it, and that can take weeks.

Good luck

Thank you!  Already have a SS number so I'm all set, more concerned about the AP/EAD for travel purposes.  It says it was approved August 2, and we leave the evening of August 10 so I am crossing my fingers it comes in time!!!

1 minute ago, Kooky said:

Thank you!  Already have a SS number so I'm all set, more concerned about the AP/EAD for travel purposes.  It says it was approved August 2, and we leave the evening of August 10 so I am crossing my fingers it comes in time!!!

Hopefully you get it by then.. It is shipped priority mail, so once it's shipped it doesn't take long. Just a matter of them producing it

12/26/18 - ROC Approved

Timeline
7 minutes ago, cantofla said:

Hopefully you get it by then.. It is shipped priority mail, so once it's shipped it doesn't take long. Just a matter of them producing it

I have heard of people saying that they didn't get a USPS tracking number--how long ago did yours come?

Timeline
31 minutes ago, Kooky said:

From the letter notice (which I haven't gotten yet) or from the update on the website/ email?  When was yours approved?  We are trying to travel next week so I am so so so anxious!!!

Exactly one week since getting a notification on my phone till getting a card in hand :) enroll in myUSPS it will show You the mail after they send it to you and the delivery date :) 

you can also call tier 2 and request a tracking info

Edited by Bzlibem

Timeline
Just now, Bzlibem said:

Exactly one week since getting a notification on my phone till getting a card in hand :) enroll in myUSPS it will show You the mail after they send it to you and the delivery date :) 

Oh you are giving me so much hope.  I assume yours was at the NBC?  I submitted forms by Chicago Lockbox, when I talked to Tier 2 they told me my AP/EAD was at National Benefits Center and my 1-485 and I-130 were at local field office in New York.

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Bzlibem said:

you can also call tier 2 and request a tracking info

Did you get a COMBO card?  I was unclear as to the new cards they started issuing in May as to whether it was still one card.

Timeline

I wasn't sure if the shift was for EAD applicants only or if it applied to those who applied for combo card.  Anyone get theirs in July /August?  Was it still a combo card?  Thanks!

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Kooky said:

Did you get a COMBO card?  I was unclear as to the new cards they started issuing in May as to whether it was still one card.

I applied only for EAD :) 

1 hour ago, Kooky said:

I have heard of people saying that they didn't get a USPS tracking number--how long ago did yours come?

I got mine two years ago when I did my AOS.

It was not a long wait though. Roughly a week waiting time between approval and physical card

12/26/18 - ROC Approved

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Uganda
Timeline
2 hours ago, Kooky said:

I  got my notification that EAD was ordered on August 1, 2017 and today I got notification that card has been mailed. So I am expecting it early next week.

Edited by azblk

Timeline
9 minutes ago, azblk said:

I  got my notification that EAD was ordered on August 1, 2017 and today I got notification that card has been mailed. So I am expecting it early next week.

Did you apply for combo card and did you get a tracking number?  Thanks!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.