maham8

Is job offer letter required from EB2-NIW visa interview??

12 posts in this topic

I was going through the checklist from US Embassy to bring to immigrant visa interview. A job offer letter from your U.S. employer dated less than one month ago is listed for employment visa applications.

I got my I-140 approved for EB-NIW which does not required job offer. Is job offer really required for visa interview? I don't have any job offer yet. I tried to apply few positions but the first thing they ask is if I have a legal permission to work in the US.

Any help on this matter would be highly appreciable. Please share any employment based visa interview experiences and thought.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

The requirements for EB2-NIW do not seem to indicate you need a job offer, so I do not see why a job offer letter would be required for the visa interview.  Have you called them to ask about it?

Edited by mrtravel

4 minutes ago, mrtravel said:

The requirements for EB2-NIW do not seem to indicate you need a job offer, so I do not see why a job offer letter would be required for the visa interview.  Have you called them to ask about it?

No I have not. I found it in the embassy checklist. I was only concerned about that. Thank you for the quick response.

• 3 months later...
Filed: Other Timeline
On 05/08/2017 at 3:11 AM, maham8 said:

No I have not. I found it in the embassy checklist. I was only concerned about that. Thank you for the quick response.

Hi,

Have you got approval yet? Would you mind to share your experience at the interview please? Thanks

7 hours ago, aucklandfam said:

Hi,

Have you got approval yet? Would you mind to share your experience at the interview please? Thanks

Not yet. I submitted documents to NVC in September. I am still waiting for the interview dates.

• 1 year later...
Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 8/4/2017 at 10:56 AM, maham8 said:

I was going through the checklist from US Embassy to bring to immigrant visa interview. A job offer letter from your U.S. employer dated less than one month ago is listed for employment visa applications.

I got my I-140 approved for EB-NIW which does not required job offer. Is job offer really required for visa interview? I don't have any job offer yet. I tried to apply few positions but the first thing they ask is if I have a legal permission to work in the US.

Any help on this matter would be highly appreciable. Please share any employment based visa interview experiences and thought.

Hi Maham,

Hope all is well. I am pretty sure you have got your GC by now. Just wanted to follow up on the thread and ask if you had to take a job offer in for your NIW interview and if you didn't, did that cause any sort of issues. Appreciate your response.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

This thread is from 2017, and the OP hasn't logged in since February.

Let's hope that you get a response.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

17 hours ago, GottaLoveCalif said:

Hi Maham,

Hope all is well. I am pretty sure you have got your GC by now. Just wanted to follow up on the thread and ask if you had to take a job offer in for your NIW interview and if you didn't, did that cause any sort of issues. Appreciate your response.

Hi there,

Job offer is not required but the interviewer asked me if I had any job offers. I did not have formal job offers either but I had three possible offers. I took all the communications I had with them during interview. I printed all the details of skype/phone interviews I had with them. They are likely to offer me after I get my visa and they did too. I explained all the possible offers to the interviewer and let him know that the companies are willing to hire me after I get a visa. 

Please apply many jobs as possible and print all the email communications you have with the prospective employer. Let the interviewer know your job application, and potential jobs. 

I hope it helps. Let me know if you want additional information. 

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
7 hours ago, maham8 said:

Hi there,

Job offer is not required but the interviewer asked me if I had any job offers. I did not have formal job offers either but I had three possible offers. I took all the communications I had with them during interview. I printed all the details of skype/phone interviews I had with them. They are likely to offer me after I get my visa and they did too. I explained all the possible offers to the interviewer and let him know that the companies are willing to hire me after I get a visa. 

Please apply many jobs as possible and print all the email communications you have with the prospective employer. Let the interviewer know your job application, and potential jobs. 

I hope it helps. Let me know if you want additional information. 

Thanks Maham, Appreciate your response. I will likely do so as well as I have many emails from potential employers but most of them are hesitant to offer me a position as I need visa sponsorship now. On a different note, did you have to go through administrative processing and if so how long it took? can not having a formal offer trigger administrative processing and delay the process? Thanks.

2 hours ago, GottaLoveCalif said:

Thanks Maham, Appreciate your response. I will likely do so as well as I have many emails from potential employers but most of them are hesitant to offer me a position as I need visa sponsorship now. On a different note, did you have to go through administrative processing and if so how long it took? can not having a formal offer trigger administrative processing and delay the process? Thanks.

No, I got the approval instantly and received my visa in 2 days. 

• 6 months later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.