IAMX

Australia Weather Bureau Caught Tampering With Climate Numbers

11 posts in this topic

Timeline

Australian scientists at the Bureau of Meteorology (BOM) ordered a review of temperature recording instruments after the government agency was caught tampering with temperature logs in several locations.

Agency officials admit that the problem with instruments recording low temperatures likely happened in several locations throughout Australia, but they refuse to admit to manipulating temperature readings. The BOM located missing logs in Goulburn and the Snow Mountains, both of which are in New South Wales.

Meteorologist Lance Pidgeon watched the 13 degrees Fahrenheit Goulburn recording from July 2 disappear from the bureau’s website. The temperature readings fluctuated briefly and then disappeared from the government’s website.

“The temperature dropped to minus 10 (13 degrees Fahrenheit), stayed there for some time and then it changed to minus 10.4 (14 degrees Fahrenheit) and then it disappeared,” Pidgeon said, adding that he notified scientist Jennifer Marohasy about the problem, who then brought the readings to the attention of the bureau.

The bureau would later restore the original 13 degrees Fahrenheit reading after a brief question and answer session with Marohasy.

“The bureau’s quality ­control system, designed to filter out spurious low or high values was set at minus 10 minimum for Goulburn which is why the record automatically adjusted,” a bureau spokeswoman told reporters Monday. BOM added that there are limits placed on how low temperatures could go in some very cold areas of the country.

Bureaus Chief Executive Andrew Johnson told Australian Environment Minister Josh Frydenberg that the failure to record the low temperatures at Goulburn in early July was due to faulty equipment. A similar failure wiped out a reading of 13 degrees Fahrenheit at Thredbo Top on July 16, even though temperatures at that station have been recorded as low as 5.54 degrees Fahrenheit.

BOM has been put under the microscope before for similar manipulations. The agency was accused in 2014 of tampering with the country’s temperature record to make it appear as if temperatures had warmed over the decades, according to reports in August 2014.

Marohasey claimed at the time that BOM’s adjusted temperature records are “propaganda” and not science. She analyzed raw temperature data from places across Australia, compared them to BOM data, and found the agency’s data created an artificial warming trend.

Marohasey said BOM adjustments changed Aussie temperature records from a slight cooling trend to one of “dramatic warming” over the past century.

http://dailycaller.com/2017/07/31/australia-weather-bureau-caught-tampering-with-climate-numbers/

Gotta love when science gets manipulated to fit an agenda. 

That's why I say, the left are doing a fantastic job of annihilating science by associating themselves with it. 

Timeline

Well what a surprise we have here.. :rofl:

Australia records hottest July, Bureau of Meteorology says

Australia has had its warmest July on record, the Bureau of Meteorology (BOM) has said.

A BOM report released today shows the country's average July temperature was at its highest in more than 100 years of weather recording.

BOM forecaster David Crock said the warmest parts had been through Queensland, the Northern Territory, northern Western Australia and New South Wales.

Mackay, in central Queensland, had its hottest July day on record at 28.9C on July 19, beating the previous record set only the year before.

"The month has been dominated — at least in eastern Australia — by a ridge of high pressure which has seen very clear skies and a warm air mass sit over the country for days and weeks at a time," he said.

"The inland areas have certainly been warmer away from the cooling influence of the ocean … but certainly some of the temperature anomalies extend right across northern Australia.

"Queensland had its warmest July on record for both maximum and minimum temperatures across the whole state — parts of Queensland have been very dry."

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-08-01/australia-records-hottest-july-on-record-bom-says/8762560

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Global Warming was a hoax made up by the Chinese because they don't want to buy are clean beautiful coal . We cannot afford Global Warming and our planet is freezing our at least Pittsburgh is and I was elected president of Pittsburgh not Paris.  

ftiq8me9uwr01.jpg

5 hours ago, IAMX said:

http://dailycaller.com/2017/07/31/australia-weather-bureau-caught-tampering-with-climate-numbers/

Gotta love when science gets manipulated to fit an agenda. 

That's why I say, the left are doing a fantastic job of annihilating science by associating themselves with it. 

Shocked 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Ohhh

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline
3 hours ago, Il Mango Dulce said:

Global Warming was a hoax made up by the Chinese because they don't want to buy are clean beautiful coal . We cannot afford Global Warming and our planet is freezing our at least Pittsburgh is and I was elected president of Pittsburgh not Paris.  

Yet, so far he has spent more time in Paris than in Pittsburgh. Interesting how his lies sort of catch up with him rather quickly.

Edited by CaliCat

This must be false because as you know our politicians are Gods and thus can not be corrupted to lie at all. 

But seriously this does not surprise me at all. 

Such a gullible audience, once again victimized by the self-replicating echo chamber that keeps telling them science is fraud, and buying in to a garbage story. BOM has directly responded to this silliness, and it is as silly as it is inaccurate to the point of dishonesty. Had the 'gotcha' crowd done even a modest look at this story they could have easily discovered that they were duped. And not by BOM.

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • July 16, 2006 Met in person on her birthday in United Arab Emirates
  • August 4, 2006 sent certified mail I-129F packet Neb SC
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1
  • August 21, 2006 received NOA1 in mail
  • October 4, 5, 7, 13 & 17 2006 Touches! 50 day address change... Yes Judith is beautiful, quit staring at her passport photo and approve us!!! Shaming works! LOL
  • October 13, 2006 NOA2! November 2, 2006 NOA2? Huh? NVC already processed and sent us on to Abu Dhabi Consulate!
  • February 12, 2007 Abu Dhabi Interview SUCCESS!!! February 14 Visa in hand!
  • March 6, 2007 she is here!
  • MARCH 14, 2007 WE ARE MARRIED!!!
  • May 5, 2007 Sent AOS/EAD packet
  • May 11, 2007 NOA1 AOS/EAD
  • June 7, 2007 Biometrics appointment
  • June 8, 2007 first post biometrics touch, June 11, next touch...
  • August 1, 2007 AOS Interview! APPROVED!! EAD APPROVED TOO...
  • August 6, 2007 EAD card and Welcome Letter received!
  • August 13, 2007 GREEN CARD received!!! 375 days since mailing the I-129F!

Remove Conditions:

• May 1, 2009 first day to file
  • May 9, 2009 mailed I-751 to USCIS CS

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
3 hours ago, ready4ONE said:

Such a gullible audience, once again victimized by the self-replicating echo chamber that keeps telling them science is fraud, and buying in to a garbage story. BOM has directly responded to this silliness, and it is as silly as it is inaccurate to the point of dishonesty. Had the 'gotcha' crowd done even a modest look at this story they could have easily discovered that they were duped. And not by BOM.

Interesting how this could be applied to those that have been scammed by the likes of Al Gore and Leo C. with respect to global warming.  Of course BOM responded with a supposed explanation that is more political and CYA than anything else.  Sure, nothing was done on purpose according to BOM and they just had a little snafu in their recording instrumentation.  What is interesting is that BOM has an automatic check for stations recording temperatures below a limit set by the BOM, but they don't do the same thing for stations that record a temperature higher than a BOM limit.  I guess the BOM only sees the weather stations in warmer areas as accurate, and the equipment at the weather stations in colder areas as not fit to produce data.

:bonk:

"In a letter to Mr Frydenberg, Dr Johnson said: “Preliminary analysis had indicated the ACORN-SAT national temperature record had not been affected by the issues experienced at ­Goulburn and Thredbo Top ­Station.” But, he added, electronic ­hardware “not only at Goulburn and Thredbo Top Station, but also a small number of other automatic weather stations in cold climate locations, are not fit for purpose”.

“I have taken steps to ensure that the hardware at this locations is replaced immediately,” he said. “To ensure that I have full ­assurance on these matters, I have actioned an internal review of our AWS network and associated data quality control processes for temperature observations.

“The review will be conducted by a member of the bureau’s senior leadership team and will ­involve independent external ­expertise where appropriate.

“I expect the review to be conducted in a matter of weeks and I will report back to you as soon as it is completed.”

Dr Marohasy said Dr Johnson’s claims of equipment failure were easily disproven by the screen shots that showed the very low temperatures before being “quality assured” out.

She said claims the omission of the very low temperatures did not affect the national temperature record were also easily disproven."

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/national-affairs/climate/bureau-of-meteorology-opens-cold-case-on-temperature-data/news-story/c3bac520af2e81fe05d106290028b783

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Timeline
2 hours ago, Bill & Katya said:

Interesting how this could be applied to those that have been scammed by the likes of Al Gore and Leo C. with respect to global warming.  Of course BOM responded with a supposed explanation that is more political and CYA than anything else.  Sure, nothing was done on purpose according to BOM and they just had a little snafu in their recording instrumentation.  What is interesting is that BOM has an automatic check for stations recording temperatures below a limit set by the BOM, but they don't do the same thing for stations that record a temperature higher than a BOM limit.  I guess the BOM only sees the weather stations in warmer areas as accurate, and the equipment at the weather stations in colder areas as not fit to produce data.

:bonk:

"In a letter to Mr Frydenberg, Dr Johnson said: “Preliminary analysis had indicated the ACORN-SAT national temperature record had not been affected by the issues experienced at ­Goulburn and Thredbo Top ­Station.” But, he added, electronic ­hardware “not only at Goulburn and Thredbo Top Station, but also a small number of other automatic weather stations in cold climate locations, are not fit for purpose”.

“I have taken steps to ensure that the hardware at this locations is replaced immediately,” he said. “To ensure that I have full ­assurance on these matters, I have actioned an internal review of our AWS network and associated data quality control processes for temperature observations.

“The review will be conducted by a member of the bureau’s senior leadership team and will ­involve independent external ­expertise where appropriate.

“I expect the review to be conducted in a matter of weeks and I will report back to you as soon as it is completed.”

Dr Marohasy said Dr Johnson’s claims of equipment failure were easily disproven by the screen shots that showed the very low temperatures before being “quality assured” out.

She said claims the omission of the very low temperatures did not affect the national temperature record were also easily disproven."

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/national-affairs/climate/bureau-of-meteorology-opens-cold-case-on-temperature-data/news-story/c3bac520af2e81fe05d106290028b783

Anything to fit the narrative. Narrative=science!

Can't just obliterate science in one day. Baby steps, man.

Edited by IAMX

Keep taking those baby steps boys! Fantastic!

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • July 16, 2006 Met in person on her birthday in United Arab Emirates
  • August 4, 2006 sent certified mail I-129F packet Neb SC
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1
  • August 21, 2006 received NOA1 in mail
  • October 4, 5, 7, 13 & 17 2006 Touches! 50 day address change... Yes Judith is beautiful, quit staring at her passport photo and approve us!!! Shaming works! LOL
  • October 13, 2006 NOA2! November 2, 2006 NOA2? Huh? NVC already processed and sent us on to Abu Dhabi Consulate!
  • February 12, 2007 Abu Dhabi Interview SUCCESS!!! February 14 Visa in hand!
  • March 6, 2007 she is here!
  • MARCH 14, 2007 WE ARE MARRIED!!!
  • May 5, 2007 Sent AOS/EAD packet
  • May 11, 2007 NOA1 AOS/EAD
  • June 7, 2007 Biometrics appointment
  • June 8, 2007 first post biometrics touch, June 11, next touch...
  • August 1, 2007 AOS Interview! APPROVED!! EAD APPROVED TOO...
  • August 6, 2007 EAD card and Welcome Letter received!
  • August 13, 2007 GREEN CARD received!!! 375 days since mailing the I-129F!

Remove Conditions:

• May 1, 2009 first day to file
  • May 9, 2009 mailed I-751 to USCIS CS