4,721 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
1 minute ago, noraliz73 said:

I still feel that even though I am the US Citizen, I am the beneficiary.  I am getting so much more out of this than my fiancé.  He was quite happy in his own country and is coming here to be with me.  USCIS and the whole process will be giving me the best gift ever of having my best friend here with me to start a life together! 

As far as USCIS analogies, I sometimes call them NCIS.  We are all cases that are being scrutinized.  I can just picture a supervisor being stressed and working on a boat in his basement, a dumb employee that gets hit on the back of his head by his supervisor, and a goth girl working on the deep data mining researching all of our histories.  That makes it a little more comical and easier to bear than thinking of them as a bunch of suits in cubicles who are bored and so sick of looking at petitions that they all look the same and they just give RFEs.  Got to keep smiling!  :)  I wonder if USCIS has a Dr. Mallard, ("DUCKIE") too, lol.

:bonk::ph34r:<_<B-)

ncis team for you :) 

we have to smile, this, allllll this is to get to the point of happy again, so why not do it happily? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
1 minute ago, Naes said:

By following May and Juneand july  you can see tones of people moving to NVC without updates.

thats why people inform if it is only a hard copy, there are also no update rfes. 

they are not updating the system most of the time now. Especially approvals.

I think the fact they are not updating the system is making them work faster.  Maybe they have the updating employees adjudicating now...

3 minutes ago, noraliz73 said:

I still feel that even though I am the US Citizen, I am the beneficiary.  I am getting so much more out of this than my fiancé.  He was quite happy in his own country and is coming here to be with me.  USCIS and the whole process will be giving me the best gift ever of having my best friend here with me to start a life together! 

As far as USCIS analogies, I sometimes call them NCIS.  We are all cases that are being scrutinized.  I can just picture a supervisor being stressed and working on a boat in his basement, a dumb employee that gets hit on the back of his head by his supervisor, and a goth girl working on the deep data mining researching all of our histories.  That makes it a little more comical and easier to bear than thinking of them as a bunch of suits in cubicles who are bored and so sick of looking at petitions that they all look the same and they just give RFEs.  Got to keep smiling!  :)  I wonder if USCIS has a Dr. Mallard, ("DUCKIE") too, lol.

Oh wow! I have read your analogy 3x. It made me giggle. Hahahaha! This is one of my fave comments. 😘😘😘😘

Packet Sent: August 23, 2017 

NOA1 Received Date: August 25, 2017 

NOA1 Notice Date: August 29, 2017

NOA2: March 1, 2018 (by calling Tier 2)

NOA 2 Notice Date: March 2, 2018 (according to the new USCIS website)

NOA2 Hard Copy: March 6, 2018 

NVC Received: March 16, 2018

NVC Case Number Assigned: March 23, 2018

In Transit: March 23, 2018

Status "Ready": March 27, 2018

Case Last Updated: April 2, 2018

Packet 3 Received: May 9, 2018

Interview: June 7, 2018

CEAC Status ISSUED: June 12, 2018

VOH: June 18, 2018

POE: July 5, 2018

Timeline
Just now, noraliz73 said:

I think the fact they are not updating the system is making them work faster.  Maybe they have the updating employees adjudicating now...

I think the same (although there seem to be a whole different team behind that)

as as long as people get their noa2s I don't see a need for update! There were almost no updates this week yet, so I'm really hoping a bunch of approved screams in the forum in the next few days 

Timeline
Just now, Ebearhs said:

Does anyone have a prediction when August will start? Not trying to seem impatient, someone just usually has a date based on past USCIS actions. 

I do but it's just estimate based on how they started before. feb 8-9 ish is the most probable.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 hour ago, Naes said:

Although that button ignore would also mean ignoring lots of immigration talk 🤔🤔🤔

@ChuAni @NICK & PAULA

girls I think I have multiple personalities!

You say 'multiple'!?😱

I can use your V.J Signature Tour for a Relaxcation from work. 

You rock Big Time, Girl!💯😘😍

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 hour ago, NICK & PAULA said:

Bahahahahaha! Geez! I wanna meet your other personalities giiirlll!!! @ChuAni, you wanna met them too? :jest:

Tell me about it.

@Naes is a DIAMOND 💎 LURKER (...check her Profile).

Come close...!(...'whispers')...yes! I mean 'Diamond'.

I'm so in it to meet all o'them personalities.

Timeline
1 minute ago, ChuAni said:

Tell me about it.

You know you can put there whatever you want!

it said diamond member so I changed it to diamond lurker! It fits!

1 minute ago, ChuAni said:

Tell me about it.

Dang! My reaction emojis are all done for today. Hahahaha! :D Yep! She's not being called "the queen" of VJ forums for nothing. We can maybe borrow some of those other personalities so we can help as much as our queen is doing in here. 😘😘😘😘

Packet Sent: August 23, 2017 

NOA1 Received Date: August 25, 2017 

NOA1 Notice Date: August 29, 2017

NOA2: March 1, 2018 (by calling Tier 2)

NOA 2 Notice Date: March 2, 2018 (according to the new USCIS website)

NOA2 Hard Copy: March 6, 2018 

NVC Received: March 16, 2018

NVC Case Number Assigned: March 23, 2018

In Transit: March 23, 2018

Status "Ready": March 27, 2018

Case Last Updated: April 2, 2018

Packet 3 Received: May 9, 2018

Interview: June 7, 2018

CEAC Status ISSUED: June 12, 2018

VOH: June 18, 2018

POE: July 5, 2018

Timeline
5 minutes ago, NICK & PAULA said:

Dang! My reaction emojis are all done for today. Hahahaha! :D Yep! She's not being called "the queen" of VJ forums for nothing. We can maybe borrow some of those other personalities so we can help as much as our queen is doing in here. 😘😘😘😘

That is only because I talk too much.....😘😘

Filed: Other Country: Jamaica
Timeline
4 hours ago, Naes said:

By following May and Juneand july  you can see tones of people moving to NVC without updates.

thats why people inform if it is only a hard copy, there are also no update rfes. 

they are not updating the system most of the time now. Especially approvals.

ok I understand thanks so much for explaining in more detail. And for the ones that is aggravated by particular post. Head ups there is a real quick fix for that... its called get off the forum.. real simple.. Even Ray Charles can see that one!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I would like to be a Vintage Pyrex Lurker.  That would be cool.  Or Fiestaware.  Tupperware is not cool enough.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.