4,721 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, Dorena27 said:

We will just have to wait and see if anymore August comes through at this point. Since then only a May 23 has come through. Doesn't really make a lot of sense at this point. Unless it was a file that was just out of place and accidentally got processed but anyways still happy for them to say the least.

I also get updates from the app, but it isn't entirely accurate. It doesn't include all approvals or RFEs, the scans posted like the one just posted here have a lot more info.. And lately we believe even that isn't everything (they're sending out letters without online updates). But I really hope that Aug approval was real!! I'd be more confident if it was an early Aug.. touching mid Aug seems weird 

Filed K1:             08.03.2017
I-129F NOA1:     08.09.2017
I-129F NOA2:     03.01.2018 

NVC Received:   03.15.2018

NVC Case ##:    03.22.2018

NVC Left:            03.23.2018

Case Ready:       03.27.2018

Packet 3:             04.09.2018 **We sent our Packet 3 information once a week before we received anything from the consulate**

Packet 4:             04.10.2018

Medical:              04.24.2018

Interview:           06.06.2018

POE:                    06.22.2018 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

HAPPY NEW MONTH!

It's 12:17 am (WAT) of February 1st, 2018!

Complete Approvals, NVC #s and Visa Approval at the Interview, I wish you all!

🎇🎇🎆🎆🎆🎆🎆🎆🎆🍾🍾🥂🥂🥂🥂🥂🎆🎆🎆🎇🎆🎆🎆🎆💖🔥🔥🔥💖💖🔥🔥

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Robert Estevez said:

WOW! And this is just the midday scan? So we should expect another scan later tonight, right?

Yes - there is an end of day one but bear in mind that’s california end of day. That is about 10pm east coast time. I’ll be fast asleep in bed by then as I teach kindergarten and I’m usually fast asleep by 9!!! It’s always awesome to wake up to it though!!

Just now, Thelucybelle said:

Yes - there is an end of day one but bear in mind that’s california end of day. That is about 10pm east coast time. I’ll be fast asleep in bed by then as I teach kindergarten and I’m usually fast asleep by 9!!! It’s always awesome to wake up to it though!!

Awesome! Haha yeah, but it's encouraging to know that we're getting so close. And thank you do much for the post! Is it okay if I get excited now or should I wait next week?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
17 minutes ago, Robert Estevez said:

Awesome! Haha yeah, but it's encouraging to know that we're getting so close. And thank you do much for the post! Is it okay if I get excited now or should I wait next week?

Oh you can get excited when ever you like!!! We always appreciate enthusiasm round here!!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
2 hours ago, Dorena27 said:

We will just have to wait and see if anymore August comes through at this point. Since then only a May 23 has come through. Doesn't really make a lot of sense at this point. Unless it was a file that was just out of place and accidentally got processed but anyways still happy for them to say the least.

I didn't check it yet, however expedite doesn't work that way.

a person cannot plan a deployment.

when a month starts it takes a good 2 months for it to finish. So without expedite a case can wait extra 3 months if they have a reason to expedite, this can be a loooooong wait.

i know a person in June who started the expedite months ago and got rfe and she got approved "after" June started. 

Timeline
7 hours ago, SAD2017 said:

😑 which November approvals?

There were 2 random cases from the same date non updated,nonexpedited. Don't even check, it does nothing but upsetting.

Timeline
4 hours ago, Robert Estevez said:

Just got a notification of an August 18th approval right now from the official app. Could it be an expedited case?

That's is not a normal approval that's sure.

and I'm sorry to say but nope it also doesn't mean they started August.. 

11 Feb is gonna make it 6 months since I last saw my fiancé, due to unfortunate circumstances he can't visit me as we originally planned  😢 my God USCIS please hurry.... I cannot imagine not seeing my fiancé for another 3-5 months making it almost a year, because we are trying our best not to spend too much money on flights and vacations in general so we will be financially stable for this process and it's requirements. It is not easy to remain positive every day , I am honestly starting to feel depressed , thinking about if we God forbid get a RFE for the process to be delayed further . My word I wish you would of really charged a higher price and had more workers I'm sure most of us wouldn't mine especially if it meant an improved service and a greater chance of being married sooner .

Timeline
3 hours ago, george.conley said:

New joiner here.  August 4th NOA1 so hoping for next week or so.  Couple questions for those seasoned posters here and apologies if these questions have already been asked:

1. I included a letter of intent to marry for myself but didn't include one for the beneficiary.  However, we included multiple flight tickets, photos of engagement, photos of family celebrating engagement, photos of her wearing the ring, etc.  Will we end up with a RFE or should we be okay?
  2. Does it matter what country the beneficiary is from?  For example, if she's from a visa waiver country will that make things easier?
  3. Wasn't able to provide Passport stamps because we both have Global Entry (Singapore is reciprocity country) so we always use the immigration fast lane.  Will that be an issue even though we provided plenty of flight stubs?

Thanks in advance and looking forward to celebrating NOA2s with everyone in a few weeks.

1. You may be asked for a letter of intent from the beneficiary. RFEs have been finicky lately - people are getting RFEs for things they already submitted. I wouldn't be surprised if you got one for this, but there's no telling for sure. For example, we submitted our biographic pages of our passports, but not actual passport photos (cause I hadn't seen this site yet, darn it), and that's also up in the air whether we will get an RFE. Same for your second point, this might be enough evidence for one officer and not another. In the mean time, gather current evidence, more messages, etc, so you're prepared for anything. 

2. It does not. Every country, unless affected by Trump's travel ban (and that's in question now that another judge has blocked the third attempt of the travel ban) is held to the same standard. Just because my FH is Canadian, for example, he has to wait just as long as anyone else. 

3.  Should be fine, as some countries don't stamp passports. We don't have any, for example, cause we travel between Canada and America to visit one another. Flights/hotels/photos should be enough evidence to prove you've met in the last two years.

Good luck!

Packet 3:             04.09.2018 **We sent our Packet 3 information once a week before we received anything from the consulate**

Timeline
28 minutes ago, kas634 said:

1. You may be asked for a letter of intent from the beneficiary. RFEs have been finicky lately - people are getting RFEs for things they already submitted. I wouldn't be surprised if you got one for this, but there's no telling for sure. For example, we submitted our biographic pages of our passports, but not actual passport photos (cause I hadn't seen this site yet, darn it), and that's also up in the air whether we will get an RFE. Same for your second point, this might be enough evidence for one officer and not another. In the mean time, gather current evidence, more messages, etc, so you're prepared for anything. 

2. It does not. Every country, unless affected by Trump's travel ban (and that's in question now that another judge has blocked the third attempt of the travel ban) is held to the same standard. Just because my FH is Canadian, for example, he has to wait just as long as anyone else. 

3.  Should be fine, as some countries don't stamp passports. We don't have any, for example, cause we travel between Canada and America to visit one another. Flights/hotels/photos should be enough evidence to prove you've met in the last two years.

Good luck!

@george.conley

Just an addition to 1.

they will most likely ask for the letter of intent from beneficiary, so get that ready in order to send it back right away. (This is official so them not asking for this would be miracle)

Timeline
1 hour ago, Naes said:

@george.conley

Just an addition to 1.

they will most likely ask for the letter of intent from beneficiary, so get that ready in order to send it back right away. (This is official so them not asking for this would be miracle)

Thanks for the correction on that :)

Also........ I'm looking at the i-864 and I've been told by multiple lawyers that only my past year's tax statements have to reflect that I make enough money to support my fiance. And, of course, I need to provide additional support like pay stubs when his interview comes up... However, I also have to state my 2016 and 2015 tax statements (not the documentation, just what my income was), and I did not meet the requirement whatsoever cause I was in college. I'm way above the requirement now with my 2017 tax statement. Anyone know if this will be an issue? Hoping my lawyers were right on this one thing at least :mellow:

Timeline
1 minute ago, kas634 said:

Thanks for the correction on that :)

Also........ I'm looking at the i-864 and I've been told by multiple lawyers that only my past year's tax statements have to reflect that I make enough money to support my fiance. And, of course, I need to provide additional support like pay stubs when his interview comes up... However, I also have to state my 2016 and 2015 tax statements (not the documentation, just what my income was), and I did not meet the requirement whatsoever cause I was in college. I'm way above the requirement now with my 2017 tax statement. Anyone know if this will be an issue? Hoping my lawyers were right on this one thing at least :mellow:

Some embassies just as for 3 years tax returns to see the stability. Don't worry they do take things into consideration. My fiancé left navy this year and was with me till the end of the year so his last year's return isn't enough either, even though his income now is enough.

i do not think it will be an issue as long as you keep your job now, but I would get an employment letter showing when you started and how much income you make.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Naes said:

Some embassies just as for 3 years tax returns to see the stability. Don't worry they do take things into consideration. My fiancé left navy this year and was with me till the end of the year so his last year's return isn't enough either, even though his income now is enough.

i do not think it will be an issue as long as you keep your job now, but I would get an employment letter showing when you started and how much income you make.

You're a gem, thank you!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.