4,721 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
2 minutes ago, LarisaXoX said:

Wow, someone waiting a full year for a response?! Do you happen to know if they have a complicated case?

They did get an rfe and I don't know how long it took to reply, but as they are waiting on received since December I believe it is still normal times.

this is not a regular thing, so I am not saying everybody will be in this situation obviously. But I just want everyone to understand why nothing can go in an order.

People want things to go in an order when it gets closer to their case, yet none of us would like to suffer the same. It is not being cold hearted, it is just what uscis is.

7 minutes ago, Naes said:

They did get an rfe and I don't know how long it took to reply, but as they are waiting on received since December I believe it is still normal times.

this is not a regular thing, so I am not saying everybody will be in this situation obviously. But I just want everyone to understand why nothing can go in an order.

People want things to go in an order when it gets closer to their case, yet none of us would like to suffer the same. It is not being cold hearted, it is just what uscis is.

They updated his case to received just last month? Couldn't agree more!

Timeline
8 minutes ago, LarisaXoX said:

They updated his case to received just last month? Couldn't agree more!

RFE received. so they got back the rfe but did not make a decision yet.

They normally make a decision in 2-3 weeks. but sometimes goes longer (USCIS says up to 60 days)

1 minute ago, Naes said:

RFE received. so they got back the rfe but did not make a decision yet.

They normally make a decision in 2-3 weeks. but sometimes goes longer (USCIS says up to 60 days)

So I wonder if they just took a really long time to send their reply or if USCIS took long to update the case to received. 

Timeline
9 minutes ago, LarisaXoX said:

So I wonder if they just took a really long time to send their reply or if USCIS took long to update the case to received. 

Some people do take really long btw (I am not sure about this case)

It also takes long depending on what they wanted.. For example if it was a divorce decree, that can take a long time to get if it was from a foreign country etc. (They give 84 days to respond to an RFE)

3 minutes ago, Naes said:

Some people do take really long btw (I am not sure about this case)

It also takes long depending on what they wanted.. For example if it was a divorce decree, that can take a long time to get if it was from a foreign country etc. (They give 84 days to respond to an RFE)

Wow, so they had to respond within 3 months so that's still a very long time to wait for a response.

Timeline
Just now, LarisaXoX said:

Wow, so they had to respond within 3 months so that's still a very long time to wait for a response.

Yep it is... at this times we just say... oh well uscis, who knows what they're thinking...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline

divorce decrees sometimes take a while. I had to wait for the clerk of courts to mail me a copy as its not automatically sent to you after a divorce, that took 3 weeks to get. Had I got it earlier I would have been a July filer 

August 4 2017 - I-129F Sent to USCIS

August 7 2017 I-129F Delivered

August 9 2017 NOA1 Sent out

August 14 2017 - Received email from Lawyer NOA1 received

August 28 2017 - Returned to USA/NOA1 was in the mail waiting for me delivered on August 14th according to my brother who collected my mail

September 7 2017 - 1 month into waiting for NOA2

October 7 2017 - 2 months into waiting for NOA2

November 7th 2017 - 3 months into waiting for NOA2

December 7th 2017 - 4 months into waiting for NOA2

January 7th 2018 - 5 months into waiting for NOA2

February 7th 2018 - 6 months into waiting for NOA2

February 17th 2018 - NOA2 - APPROVED!! noa1-noa2 194 days

February 20 2108 - NOA2 Mailed

February 24 2018 - NOA2 Received

March 5th 2018 - NVC Received Case

March 7th 2018 - NVC Case number received.

March 7th 2018 - DS-160 Submitted online

March 17th 2018 - Case sent to embassy

March 18th 2018 - Case Arrived embassy NVC says "Ready"

March 23 2018 - Medical exam completed

April 30 2018 - Interview - 221g - Administrative processing

December 12 2018 - Email from embassy Administrative processing completed request to send passport, new 221g , new medical

December 24 2018 - New medical exam

January 9 2019 - Medical ready for pickup, sent passport to embassy

January 10 2019 - Passport received by embassy.....case update as well

January 11 2019 - CEAC page shows visa status ISSUED!

January 14 2019 - Visa received.

January 15 2019 - POE - Dallas Ft Worth - Arrived Mobile Al airport - now home with me.

Timeline
7 minutes ago, LarisaXoX said:

I actually found the post, it said it took 11 months for the security check

So maybe it got a hit on the database and required additional check.

Just now, Naes said:

I actually found the post, it said it took 11 months for the security check

So maybe it got a hit on the database and required additional check.

Wow! Thanks for finding it! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
1 hour ago, John & Rose said:

NO!!!  That would make me feel so much worse. I will wait my turn. I want to see happy couples. I want to see people move on. The wait is difficult but I would rather just me suffer and not anyone else. I appreciate all the love I feel here but we are all in the same boat. Get your approvals and keep moving forward. Ours will happen. We have no control so let’s just get approved so all of our lives can start moving again!  I will continue to do inquiries and fight my battle. I would hate to slow anyone else down. If anything, people can be happier because they aren’t at day 237!  

Oh bless @John & Rose you really are such an inspiration to us all xxx

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi

Just thought I would post as I have been reading and learning from these forums for about 5 months now. It really has been great to find a place that I can actually find current information on whats going on in the visa process.

Thank you to all the members here. I am a August 3rd filer.

Harry

1 hour ago, John & Rose said:

NO!!!  That would make me feel so much worse. I will wait my turn. I want to see happy couples. I want to see people move on. The wait is difficult but I would rather just me suffer and not anyone else. I appreciate all the love I feel here but we are all in the same boat. Get your approvals and keep moving forward. Ours will happen. We have no control so let’s just get approved so all of our lives can start moving again!  I will continue to do inquiries and fight my battle. I would hate to slow anyone else down. If anything, people can be happier because they aren’t at day 237!  

Whenever I start whining bout how this process taking too long, then I remember bout you and rose are still waiting...and how positive you are.

I really hope you will get your approval soon...

ROC

- Mailed June 27,2020

- Delivered July 1, 2020

- SMS with Case Nr. SRC  and Check cashed July 8, 2020 

- NOA received July 20,2020- NOA dated July 14,2020

-Fingersprinting applied notification - Aug 10,2020

- Card being produced - Nov 2, 2020

3 minutes ago, Thelucybelle said:

Oh bless @John & Rose you really are such an inspiration to us all xxx

If our wait can help some here who are more anxious then our wait is worth it.  I am so blessed with Rose but if you have followed the posts here, I have some bad days.  Rose keeps me focused on our love and not the process.  I hope to help others who have lost that focus.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.