4,721 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
2 minutes ago, noraliz73 said:

Weren’t there 13?

Those are expedite cases, even if they don't have the history. Even November has an approval in that way.

to everyone;

until you see approval or rfes of 10+ cases it doesn't start. I'm really hoping for the Early February we will see some move. But I was wrong in July so.. who knows what uscis is thinking.

Edited by Naes

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
1 minute ago, Thelucybelle said:

So dear August friends.

Today as I was  waiting patiently ( not!!) for the midday scan I had a thought. At the risk of being the nauseatingly positive and glass half full person here on the forum I suddenly thought “ what if I switched my perspective from ‘it’s  been 165 days since I filed ’ to ‘hey maybe I only have about 40 or so days left till I hear something’ “It made such a difference to my day and although I certainly wasn’t whistling while I worked or doing the NOA2 happy dance,  I did feel a whole bucket load better as that number is WAY smaller and easier to cope with and counting down seems a whole lot more sensible than counting up. So just a thought but maybe give it a try tomorrow and see if it makes your day a little easier to cope with.  

Sending hugs as always! 

Thank you! I needed to read this :) 

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F Sent: 08/15/2017

NOA1: 08/18/2017

NOA2: 02/20/2018 (186 days)

NOA2 Hardcopy Sent: 02/24/2018

USCIS sent to NVC: 02/27/2018

NVC Received: 03/07/2018

NVC Case #: 03/15/2018

NVC Left: 03/16/2018

Embassy Received: 03/19/2018

Medical Exam: 03/21/2018

Interview at Stockholm Embassy: 04/12/2018 -- Approved!!

Visa Issued: 04/16/2018

Visa Received: 04/25/2018

POE: 04/27/2018

Married: 05/1/2018

AOS + AP + EAD:
Package Sent: 05/08/2018

NOA1: 05/15/2018

Biometrics: 06/4/2018

EAD/AP Card Being Produced: 9/28/18 (143 days)
EAD/AP Received: 10/4/18

AOS Interview: 09/26/19 (499 days from NOA1) Accepted!
GC Received: 10/16/19

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
12 minutes ago, Thelucybelle said:

So dear August friends.

Today as I was  waiting patiently ( not!!) for the midday scan I had a thought. At the risk of being the nauseatingly positive and glass half full person here on the forum I suddenly thought “ what if I switched my perspective from ‘it’s  been 165 days since I filed ’ to ‘hey maybe I only have about 40 or so days left till I hear something’ “It made such a difference to my day and although I certainly wasn’t whistling while I worked or doing the NOA2 happy dance,  I did feel a whole bucket load better as that number is WAY smaller and easier to cope with and counting down seems a whole lot more sensible than counting up. So just a thought but maybe give it a try tomorrow and see if it makes your day a little easier to cope with.  

Sending hugs as always! 

That's a great way to put it! I'll start thinking like that now and hope we don't find ourselves in a 220+ wait..

Edited by kas634

Filed K1:             08.03.2017
I-129F NOA1:     08.09.2017
I-129F NOA2:     03.01.2018 

NVC Received:   03.15.2018

NVC Case ##:    03.22.2018

NVC Left:            03.23.2018

Case Ready:       03.27.2018

Packet 3:             04.09.2018 **We sent our Packet 3 information once a week before we received anything from the consulate**

Packet 4:             04.10.2018

Medical:              04.24.2018

Interview:           06.06.2018

POE:                    06.22.2018 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

So after visa is approved, does my finnces passport still go in the visa packet? I remember at one time i heard the packet cant be opened until she enters the usa immigration. Just trying to help her out so she can know what to do. Any help would be appreciated.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, shalyn said:

So after visa is approved, does my finnces passport still go in the visa packet? I remember at one time i heard the packet cant be opened until she enters the usa immigration. Just trying to help her out so she can know what to do. Any help would be appreciated.

No she cannot ride a plane without it. The visa will be on hand and the yellow- brownish envelop is the one not to open.

Edited by Naes

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
14 minutes ago, Naes said:

No she cannot ride a plane without it. The visa will be on hand and the yellow- brownish envelop is the one not to open.

Ah okay. Her sister told us that her passport was inside the brown envelope when she received her visa. But that was 12 years ago 😂😂 

Timeline
7 minutes ago, shalyn said:

Ah okay. Her sister told us that her passport was inside the brown envelope when she received her visa. But that was 12 years ago 😂😂 

I believe there are two envelopes (but I wouldn't want to give wrong info as this is really sensitive.

one is the pckage that will both have envelope and the passport in it. Because they need to pack it to send it to you.

but without a passport and visa they won't let anyone ride a plane, so i believe taking out the envelope but not opening the one to give the cbp is the important part.

Timeline
1 minute ago, geowrian said:

USEM will send a package including 1) the passport with affixed visa, 2) a sealed envelope, and 3) a letter that says (in large letters with an icon) "WARNING...DO NOT OPEN OR EVEN ATTEMPT TO OPEN THE VISA PACKET OR ENVELOPE. YOU MAY ONLY OPEN THE PLASTIC POUCH TO RETRIEVE YOUR PASSPORT."

So at least they're being informative to us at that level :rofl: good to know

11 minutes ago, Naes said:

So at least they're being informative to us at that level :rofl: good to know

Something needs to be informative at some point, #amiright?

Edited by geowrian

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

August filers, I just wanted to say to you that our time is growing near. My time line indicates February 26 to February 28 for NOA2.

For all those who are anxious about getting this process over, remember life is a journey and focus on the memory’s you are making with your family and of course your fiancé through this process. It is not necessarily an easy process, but we have all come a long way since August.

I know we all say this about our fiancé, but if I may revert to my 12-year-old self for a moment “My fiancé is the bestist of the best!”. Now that that is over with, I would like to thank everyone for their support and assistance with the whole process of NOA2 so far.

Who knows, maybe we can all get together for a drink and a toast in a year or two to celebrate August filers 2017.

Timeline

I couldn't sleep two nights ago, I woke up to same dream 5 times during the night. I was tagging @NICK & PAULA to tell August started... I did this in my mind 5 times. And I woke up everytime telling myself no they are doing july...

I didn't want to write it cause it made me feel so unbalanced whole day. Then tonight I had the same thing again... so well...there's that... good night...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.