4,711 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline

Lastly, the trend line for the average processing time of all cases received every considered day and approved within the next 204 days, as to 01/20/2018.

This time I have added some extra data in case you're interested (number of approved cases, number of received cases and percentage of approved cases (out of received)). As before, note that only updated cases could be considered.

As expected it's still too soon for a downward trend, but hopefully we'll start seeing some change by next month!

5a650a2eaf5d3_TendencyMay-June(01-20).thumb.png.af367db8690ba1b582efaf217673a7ea.png

5a650a383e248_DataMay-June(01-20).png.6feecd653a65a945ef64a77ed10cdd3e.png

Edited by Daniel P

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I hope the approvals keep coming quickly for everyone, especially those who have been waiting longest!  I need to do something to reframe my mind.  I have bipolar disorder and my fiancé is my biggest emotional support.  Now that the time of getting news is closer, I am getting so afraid he will be turned down, even though there is no logical reason.  I have just read too many horror stories on here!  I am planning to visit Egypt and attend the interview, but if we are denied, I don’t know how I will be able to come back here for even more uncertainty.  I don’t know if I could handle that.  It really scares me.  I mean, my inability to cope scares me more than a denial because people get denied and they reapply or something.  I told him about a lady from the Visa Journey group on Facebook whose fiancé was denied and even though their situation is nothing like ours and we don’t live our lives anything like the way they do, he lost a day of work and a night of sleep replaying the story in his head because it’s the same Embassy.  Has anyone else gained a lot of weight from stress eating?  We both have.  And I think he goes through everything worse than I do.  I need these approvals for people.  I need to see everyone on here happy and excited and fewer horror stories! 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
7 minutes ago, noraliz73 said:

I hope the approvals keep coming quickly for everyone, especially those who have been waiting longest!  I need to do something to reframe my mind.  I have bipolar disorder and my fiancé is my biggest emotional support.  Now that the time of getting news is closer, I am getting so afraid he will be turned down, even though there is no logical reason.  I have just read too many horror stories on here!  I am planning to visit Egypt and attend the interview, but if we are denied, I don’t know how I will be able to come back here for even more uncertainty.  I don’t know if I could handle that.  It really scares me.  I mean, my inability to cope scares me more than a denial because people get denied and they reapply or something.  I told him about a lady from the Visa Journey group on Facebook whose fiancé was denied and even though their situation is nothing like ours and we don’t live our lives anything like the way they do, he lost a day of work and a night of sleep replaying the story in his head because it’s the same Embassy.  Has anyone else gained a lot of weight from stress eating?  We both have.  And I think he goes through everything worse than I do.  I need these approvals for people.  I need to see everyone on here happy and excited and fewer horror stories! 

10 kilos and counting.

Even though I cannot possibly say that I understand how you feel (all I have is extreme negativity which I'm hiding pretty well here on the forum) but I wanted to say what my fiancé always tell me when I hit the lowest point because of me reading and over researching here on vj and see many stories that doesn't go well;

"people share more when they are down and ask questions when they need help.."

we hear more horror stories than success stories. So I cannot say a 100% for any of our approval, but I can say 99% of the success stories are not written here :) 

Timeline

I have actually been losing weight because of stress and I know stress has also had other negative effects on my body too. Dealing with the k1 process and my uncle recently getting stage 4 cancer hasn't been easy. I don't always like what I read on these forums but knowing there are people out there that know how I'm feeling makes it a little better. You guys are great and @Naes even if you aren't as positive in person it is extremely appreciated and it brightens up a lot of our days!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

I haven’t been posting on here lately because I’ve also been so stressed. Like @Justmel I have been losing weight instead of gaining. This week I’ll reach 165 days of waiting and they only just started July. I can’t help but to feel punished for loving someone who isn’t a US citizen. At times I do feel positive, I’m so lucky to love and be loved, but the years of stress this immigration process will bring is disheartening. Already worrying about the time it takes to get AP and EAD once my fiancée arrives :( Saw a post on here today with many waiting over 125 days for EAD... going to be so stressful even when he arrives. There will be a day when this process ends for all of us. 

I am so hoping to see good numbers this week for June and July. Wishing you and I all luck and positive thoughts. Bring on Monday!

Edited by blenheim

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F Sent: 08/15/2017

NOA1: 08/18/2017

NOA2: 02/20/2018 (186 days)

NOA2 Hardcopy Sent: 02/24/2018

USCIS sent to NVC: 02/27/2018

NVC Received: 03/07/2018

NVC Case #: 03/15/2018

NVC Left: 03/16/2018

Embassy Received: 03/19/2018

Medical Exam: 03/21/2018

Interview at Stockholm Embassy: 04/12/2018 -- Approved!!

Visa Issued: 04/16/2018

Visa Received: 04/25/2018

POE: 04/27/2018

Married: 05/1/2018

AOS + AP + EAD:
Package Sent: 05/08/2018

NOA1: 05/15/2018

Biometrics: 06/4/2018

EAD/AP Card Being Produced: 9/28/18 (143 days)
EAD/AP Received: 10/4/18

AOS Interview: 09/26/19 (499 days from NOA1) Accepted!
GC Received: 10/16/19

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Justmel said:

I have actually been losing weight because of stress and I know stress has also had other negative effects on my body too. Dealing with the k1 process and my uncle recently getting stage 4 cancer hasn't been easy. I don't always like what I read on these forums but knowing there are people out there that know how I'm feeling makes it a little better. You guys are great and @Naes even if you aren't as positive in person it is extremely appreciated and it brightens up a lot of our days!

First of all I'm so sorry for your uncle. 

and I'm happy if any single word of mine makes anyone a little bit positive and at ease. Because this is not an easy job for any of us, to stay sane and continue a happy relationship. 

Also even though im sorry for your weight loss from stress.. I may like to trade mine? But nothing else comes from stress to your health obviously a pleasure for me either. That's why I'll try to keep us here sane and healthy!!!! We need that to enjoy our new life fully! 

Timeline
Just now, blenheim said:

I haven’t been posting on here lately because I’ve also been so stressed. Like @Justmel I have been losing weight instead of gaining. This week I’ll reach 165 days of waiting and they only just started July. I can’t help but to feel punished for loving someone who isn’t a US citizen. At times I do feel positive, I’m so lucky to love and be loved, but the years of stress this immigration process will bring is disheartening. Already worrying about the time it takes to get AP and EAD once my fiancée arrives :( Saw a post on here today with many waiting over 125 days for EAD... going to be so stressful even when he arrives. 

I am so hoping to see good numbers this week for June and July. Wishing you and I all luck and positive thoughts. Bring on Monday!

No sad faces!

hellooo read the post upwards mouths upward!

The brain actually adjusts itself to sadness and happiness by just believeing that you are, you need to just think and make it somehow believe that you are feeling better for 27 days. 

Hope this will be the most stressful we ever be in our lives.

Guys! It's officially 5 months of waiting for me and Nick today! 150 days, baby! Lol (Just for once, I wanna be optimistic :jest:) Hey you guys, no sad faces. Let's celebrate because despite of this really terrible and devastating moment of our lives, here we are still strong and never giving up. Cheers to all of us who are still in the waiting part of this process. Soon, we will get to hold that person whom we love most and it will all be worth it. 

Packet Sent: August 23, 2017 

NOA1 Received Date: August 25, 2017 

NOA1 Notice Date: August 29, 2017

NOA2: March 1, 2018 (by calling Tier 2)

NOA 2 Notice Date: March 2, 2018 (according to the new USCIS website)

NOA2 Hard Copy: March 6, 2018 

NVC Received: March 16, 2018

NVC Case Number Assigned: March 23, 2018

In Transit: March 23, 2018

Status "Ready": March 27, 2018

Case Last Updated: April 2, 2018

Packet 3 Received: May 9, 2018

Interview: June 7, 2018

CEAC Status ISSUED: June 12, 2018

VOH: June 18, 2018

POE: July 5, 2018

5 hours ago, Justmel said:

Stress is a killer, believe me. It will put your health at risk. Try to relax a bit, girl. We would want to be our best health for our medical test before the embassy interview. So eat healthy, sleep on time and lots of prayers (no offense if you don't believe in such) :wub:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

My fiance and I are both living in a country that is not our own to wait out this visa process. Because I work remotely, and waiting in his home country would be more expensive, it seemed like the best decision for both of us. We're struggling with feeling like outsiders here because we are having trouble making friends, etc. Since we're both very obviously foreigners the local people here are always trying to charge us more for things like rent. We can't go to a more diverse country because he can't get a Shengen visa. It's becoming quite frustrating because we both just want to be in USA to get on with our lives. He wants to work again (he hasn't worked since July) and I want to continue school (I'm taking time off of graduate school. I initially thought I'd be back by March to start the spring quarter.) So although we are VERY lucky to be together, it's not easy. 

However I'm a positive person so I'll focus on the positives... this country has great coffee. We finally met some cool Couchsurfing people a few days ago. We love the nature here. I finally found a decent cafe to work from. I have an interview for a second job tonight. We Skype with friends a lot. So it's not all bad. :) 

And yes between the two of us we have both gained some kilos 😭

05-04-2018: Married :jest:

AOS/EAD:

05-07-2018: Packet mailed via USPS

05-10-2018: Official NOA1 date

05-17-2018: NOA1 email/text

05-22-2018: NOA1 letter received

06-01-2018: RFE issued

06-13-2018: RFE received in the mail

06-25-2018: Response to RFE sent

06-27-2018: Response to RFE arrived at USCIS

07-07-2018: Change in online status: RFE response received 

07-10-2018: Biometrics (went before appointment & to a different office)

07-12-2018: AOS case status updated to "Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview”

09-29-2018: EAD case status updated to "New card is being produced"

09-30-2018: EAD case status updated to "Case was approved"

10-01-2018: EAD case status updated to "Card was mailed to me"

10-05-2018: EAD card received in the mail

10-12-2018: SSN card received in the mail

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
1 hour ago, Thelucybelle said:

165 days today - it’s getting closer everyday people!! Here’s to an amazing approval filled week. Sending hugs and kisses to everyone regardless of where you are in your wait xxx

I'm on 165 too! It's now agonising being what should be so close, but yet still feels so far. We just have to hope that it speeds up from now, and also that documents are back to being sent to NVC within two weeks. Receiving approval, then needing to arbitrarily wait two more months to be able to proceed is impossible to consider. 

25 minutes ago, Justmel said:

@NICK & PAULA I've been trying to relax and get rid of some stress lately, not only for myself but the people im driving crazy around me lol

Hahaha! Yes, that's the spirit. Don't let this process jeopardize your health and give stress to the people around who are supporting you in this journey. We will eventually get there, you'll see. Just try to focus on what really matters. This process is just a test that we all hope to pass. We will soon be reunited with the love of our lives and will live happily ever after (just like a fairytale :wub:)

Edited by NICK & PAULA

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.