4,721 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Starting to wonder when August NOA1 POE will be, maybe June? May? July? 

Edited by blenheim

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F Sent: 08/15/2017

NOA1: 08/18/2017

NOA2: 02/20/2018 (186 days)

NOA2 Hardcopy Sent: 02/24/2018

USCIS sent to NVC: 02/27/2018

NVC Received: 03/07/2018

NVC Case #: 03/15/2018

NVC Left: 03/16/2018

Embassy Received: 03/19/2018

Medical Exam: 03/21/2018

Interview at Stockholm Embassy: 04/12/2018 -- Approved!!

Visa Issued: 04/16/2018

Visa Received: 04/25/2018

POE: 04/27/2018

Married: 05/1/2018

AOS + AP + EAD:
Package Sent: 05/08/2018

NOA1: 05/15/2018

Biometrics: 06/4/2018

EAD/AP Card Being Produced: 9/28/18 (143 days)
EAD/AP Received: 10/4/18

AOS Interview: 09/26/19 (499 days from NOA1) Accepted!
GC Received: 10/16/19

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
19 hours ago, D&Jmora said:

This video totally bummed me out. I mean, it's obvious to think this administration has a lot to do with the slowdown, but now it feels personal. This guy makes it sound like uscis will start denying petitions left and right. My fiance and I are both living abroad (I applied from colombia...anyone else applying from abroad?), so although I'm lucky enough to be with my fiance, I've been here for nearly 4 years and I'm ready to go home! If he is denied, I feel like I can't even go back home to my family and friends.

Oh wait.  That’s what this is.  And they started it for free to earn the feeling of helping people which is better than money.  Because I’m grateful for that, I will come up with another business idea and leave that alone.  This is priceless.  💕

The guy is like one of those ads that pops up one your phone and tells you your phone is infected with 6 viruses and will crash imminently unless you buy their phone virus busting app.  It think it’s called scare-Ware.  Well, he wants to scare people enough that they want to cover their bases and get his help.  I think most of these services do.  I used Rapid Visa.  I don’t regret it, though.  I tend to over-worry.  But they just said they edit your package and send it.  He is inflating rejection numbers and making it sound like none of us will see our fiancés come here without a big fight.  Don’t worry.  I believe we still have the right to marry whom we choose.  It just might take a bit longer.  I bet a lot of us could get together and start one of these companies, but be kind and helpful and make more.

Edited by noraliz73
Thought of something else

Hey all, so my fiancee and I live together abroad in Tanzania. We both work here, and met here. She is a citizen of South Africa but we are residents here. However, due to this process taking WAY longer than we expected, our resident permits in Tanzania are going to expire before our interview date. Our permits expire in March and still no NOA2... On our I-129F we specified the embassy in Dar Es Salaam and put Heather's (beneficiary) mailing address as our address here. Does anyone know if it's possible to change both her mailing address and consulate of interview? I read about the I-824 form but that's for approved petitions only. Also the filing fee is steep... 

This video totally bummed me out. I mean, it's obvious to think this administration has a lot to do with the slowdown, but now it feels personal. This guy makes it sound like uscis will start denying petitions left and right. My fiance and I are both living abroad (I applied from colombia...anyone else applying from abroad?), so although I'm lucky enough to be with my fiance, I've been here for nearly 4 years and I'm ready to go home! If he is denied, I feel like I can't even go back home to my family and friends.

This guy is just trying to scare people into using his services... 

Timeline

Hahaha!  Today we did a group chat with my daughter and it was awesome!  She called looking for advice on dating an Arab guy who wants to meet her dad, etc and (oh, my!) I was on the other line with Waseem.  My daughter is Arab-American and we were all speaking Arabish.  It was funny because my daughter and I are familiar with Syrian dialect and Waseem is Egyptian.  There will be much teasing between him, my son and my daughter over whose culture has better food and a better accent.  I prefer Syrian food because Egyptians seem to use too much ghee or butter.  Oh, the cook-offs there will be!  I’m looking forward to going to the Lake Winnepesaukee next summer and having Waseem and my ex-husband Mazen having a shish-kabob contest.  We will need two charcoal grills and lots and lots of hummus and salad, etc.  I hope my job offers some overtime so I can take the comp-time (paid time off) instead of the extra pay.  OMG. The excitement is HUGE!!!

Timeline
43 minutes ago, Sam_O said:

This guy is just trying to scare people into using his services... 

I’m scared of his bad graphics! :)

Timeline
47 minutes ago, Sam_O said:

Hey all, so my fiancee and I live together abroad in Tanzania. We both work here, and met here. She is a citizen of South Africa but we are residents here. However, due to this process taking WAY longer than we expected, our resident permits in Tanzania are going to expire before our interview date. Our permits expire in March and still no NOA2... On our I-129F we specified the embassy in Dar Es Salaam and put Heather's (beneficiary) mailing address as our address here. Does anyone know if it's possible to change both her mailing address and consulate of interview? I read about the I-824 form but that's for approved petitions only. Also the filing fee is steep... 

Can you extend your residency permits?  If not, just contact USCIS.  They have certainly seen this situation before.  Your status would probably state something like Updated Information Received.  Please ensure you get in writing an acknowledgment that they know your address is A and your consulate is B for your own peace of mind.  That might be one of those things where you call and pretend you forgot your WAC number to talk to a Tier 2 so you make sure it gets updated.  But I don’t like the idea of lying to them.  There must be a way to do it without deviousness.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
1 hour ago, noraliz73 said:

Oh wait.  That’s what this is.  And they started it for free to earn the feeling of helping people which is better than money.  Because I’m grateful for that, I will come up with another business idea and leave that alone.  This is priceless.  💕

The guy is like one of those ads that pops up one your phone and tells you your phone is infected with 6 viruses and will crash imminently unless you buy their phone virus busting app.  It think it’s called scare-Ware.  Well, he wants to scare people enough that they want to cover their bases and get his help.  I think most of these services do.  I used Rapid Visa.  I don’t regret it, though.  I tend to over-worry.  But they just said they edit your package and send it.  He is inflating rejection numbers and making it sound like none of us will see our fiancés come here without a big fight.  Don’t worry.  I believe we still have the right to marry whom we choose.  It just might take a bit longer.  I bet a lot of us could get together and start one of these companies, but be kind and helpful and make more.

Thanks to those of you who have reassured me everything will be okay! The fear tactic works on me! Still, I don't think I'd EVER trust this guy over this site. Good luck to all you positive people out there 💜

2 hours ago, Sam_O said:

The I-824 takes anywhere from a month to over 6 months to get approved, and costs quite a lot. It would only apply after NOA2. I would not suggest even looking at that.

Most likely, you will need to wait until it goes to the "wrong" embassy, then contact the "new" embassy and request an embassy transfer on the case. They will then submit a request to the Dar Es Salaam embassy and have the case transferred.

You can try to catch it at NVC and convince them to change it there, but the nearly 2 dozen calls, and 2 supervisors, was unable to do so in my case. I've only seen people have success on this at NVC in cases where NVC made a mistake or the embassy was not specified on the I-129F.

Check my timeline in my signature for details on my experience with an embassy transfer. YMMV

1 hour ago, noraliz73 said:

Can you extend your residency permits?  If not, just contact USCIS.  They have certainly seen this situation before.  Your status would probably state something like Updated Information Received.  Please ensure you get in writing an acknowledgment that they know your address is A and your consulate is B for your own peace of mind.  That might be one of those things where you call and pretend you forgot your WAC number to talk to a Tier 2 so you make sure it gets updated.  But I don’t like the idea of lying to them.  There must be a way to do it without deviousness.

Extending the residency permits would be optimal. Contacting USCIS won't do anything. I had a signed letter requesting this type of change and they will not take action on it (they confirmed receipt of it). I was told on multiple calls that only NVC could change the embassy on an I-129F that was already submitted, and after that an embassy transfer is needed.

Edited by geowrian

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Timeline
27 minutes ago, D&Jmora said:

Thanks to those of you who have reassured me everything will be okay! The fear tactic works on me! Still, I don't think I'd EVER trust this guy over this site. Good luck to all you positive people out there 💜

Imagine if they had that Billy Mays guy doing a commercial for the Visa-Matic 6000!  You use the super shimmy on your application and BAM!  Visa in Hand!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Montenegro
Timeline

Hello everyone! Hope you're all hanging in there; I know I'm trying. 

Unfortunately, I entered my fiancés DOB incorrectly on the original I-129f (I was rushing to get everything done in one day and could have sworn I went over everything at least 3 times). Anyway, I contacted the customer service line and they told me to send a letter that explained the DOB was incorrect, etc. I sent that in about 6 weeks ago but I haven't received any updates; neither through writing or the online case status. Does anyone know if I'm supposed to hear back from them for some type of confirmation? Is there anyway I can find out if they received my letter? Thanks! 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
Just now, D&Jmora said:

@Naes does excluded mean denied?

Mostly rejected cases.

Other than that, withdrawals and Decision notices.

I try not to put NOIDs here because they can be solved with evidence.

and other denials usually occur way later in the process and some never even get an update. 

I just put them to give the real number of applications, but they are the ones won't have a new action.

11 hours ago, geowrian said:

The I-824 takes anywhere from a month to over 6 months to get approved, and costs quite a lot. It would only apply after NOA2. I would not suggest even looking at that.

Most likely, you will need to wait until it goes to the "wrong" embassy, then contact the "new" embassy and request an embassy transfer on the case. They will then submit a request to the Dar Es Salaam embassy and have the case transferred.

You can try to catch it at NVC and convince them to change it there, but the nearly 2 dozen calls, and 2 supervisors, was unable to do so in my case. I've only seen people have success on this at NVC in cases where NVC made a mistake or the embassy was not specified on the I-129F.

Check my timeline in my signature for details on my experience with an embassy transfer. YMMV

It's you again, you answered my last question as well! You're our angel! I checked your timeline but didn't find details on how you transferred from Saudi Arabia (correct?) to Manilla. I'm assuming you did what you recommended we do - wait until it reaches the "wrong" embassy (Tanzania) and request a transfer from the "right" embassy? (Consulate in Cape Town)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.