4,721 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, Jesus said:

Yes we have, is just that this waiting is kind of hard. And because of school i can't travel, so i want her to be able to visit me. We just dont want to delay the process or get an rfe because she makes a trip here to visit. 

You're fine then. :thumbs:

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

On 1/9/2018 at 1:24 PM, RenataIzo said:

yeah, our timeline is very similar. I can't sleep anymore trying to figure out when my POE will be.

Good luck to us!

Do you know if you can leave the country after the interview if you are not heading straight to the States or do you need to hang around until it is all finalised? 

Not that I can even think about the future given how long this is taking but I hope that once we have done the interview we can go on holiday whilst waiting for the rest to be finalised :)

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
14 minutes ago, JenC22 said:

Do you know if you can leave the country after the interview if you are not heading straight to the States or do you need to hang around until it is all finalised? 

Not that I can even think about the future given how long this is taking but I hope that once we have done the interview we can go on holiday whilst waiting for the rest to be finalised :)

As long as you don't enter states in transit you can travel. 

Edit: wait sorry, if you are going to travel to another country after the interview, you need to wait for your passport though, for them to issue the visa and send it back to you. Cause if you're approved they are keeping your passport till then.

Edited by Naes

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Hi everyone, I'm wondering does anyone have any experience visiting the US while in the process without a letter from employer or lease agreement?

I'm self-employed and living with my parents. I have an ESTA and can prove that I have my own running business with supporting documents. I could perhaps show a contract of work that commences when I return from the US and I will of course have a return ticket. Do you think this will suffice? 

I had thought I would wait it out without visiting (and he's already visited me twice since our process began) but with the wait looking longer and longer and his 30th birthday coming up and I really want to be with him for it!

I appreciate your thoughts on this, thanks :-)

Edited by streanor

event.png

Timeline
21 minutes ago, streanor said:

Hi everyone, I'm wondering does anyone have any experience visiting the US while in the process without a letter from employer or lease agreement?

I'm self-employed and living with my parents. I have an ESTA and can prove that I have my own running business with supporting documents. I could perhaps show a contract of work that commences when I return from the US and I will of course have a return ticket. Do you think this will suffice? 

I had thought I would wait it out without visiting (and he's already visited me twice since our process began) but with the wait looking longer and longer and his 30th birthday coming up and I really want to be with him for it!

I had a letter but they didn't even look or asked about it.

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Naes said:

I had a letter but they didn't even look or asked about it.

That's great! Feeling more optimistic! 

event.png

1 hour ago, streanor said:

I’ve traveled to the US about 3 times and I’m going again late jan... they don’t resllg ask for all of that. It’s literally just like visiting normally. No proof is needed but take some if you want

03/01/2019 - USCIS Chicago lockbox received case  for AOS/EAD/AP

03/21/2019 - NOA1 received hard copy via post (Notice date 03/14/2019)

Timeline
1 minute ago, Tea_pgtips said:

I’ve traveled to the US about 3 times and I’m going again late jan... they don’t resllg ask for all of that. It’s literally just like visiting normally. No proof is needed but take some if you want

Wow, I'm so glad to hear, I was scared off from reading about people being rejected at customs from other forums. I'm so excited now!

event.png

1 minute ago, streanor said:

Wow, I'm so glad to hear, I was scared off from reading about people being rejected at customs from other forums. I'm so excited now!

Yeah! I always take my NOA1 email copy just in case but at POE they just asked why I always travel to the USA and I said I like traveling and the USA is cool but it’s not just the US i travel to! (Which is the truth) They asked what I did in the UK job wise and basically what I studied. It was just like a general chit chat making sure you have ties to your home country! They do that with everyone. They won’t single you out because you’re in process of k1. They didn’t ask me anything of the sort. They asked me questions like they would with anyone else :) 

03/01/2019 - USCIS Chicago lockbox received case  for AOS/EAD/AP

03/21/2019 - NOA1 received hard copy via post (Notice date 03/14/2019)

Timeline
41 minutes ago, Tea_pgtips said:

Yeah! I always take my NOA1 email copy just in case but at POE they just asked why I always travel to the USA and I said I like traveling and the USA is cool but it’s not just the US i travel to! (Which is the truth) They asked what I did in the UK job wise and basically what I studied. It was just like a general chit chat making sure you have ties to your home country! They do that with everyone. They won’t single you out because you’re in process of k1. They didn’t ask me anything of the sort. They asked me questions like they would with anyone else :) 

I have always mentioned my boyfriend (before he was my Fiance) when visiting him and on one or two occasions this has lead to a lot of questions... more intimidating than chit-chat. I really think it depends on the person you get on the day. Those few occasions made me nervous but you have really put my mind at ease. Thank you!

event.png

Timeline

To tell the truth I entered US 3 times this year. First one I said boyfriend and that was the only time they checked my ticket and I had nothing with me but my ticket as I didn't even know anything about these ties or such. Everytime after we got engaged and filed, I said to visit my fiancé it ended with one question only "how long" and that's it.  And was the easiest Poe of all times. Literally 10 seconds of them stamping my passport and giving me 6 months... 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline
24 minutes ago, Rami91 said:

Hey everyone, any aprrovals yet for I-129f filers??

Just checked and still not yet approved.

Hope you all start getting approved soon.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.