4,721 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
43 minutes ago, blenheim said:

Just did a few depressing calculations for a best case POE...

NOA1 was on August 18th for me, so with the trend of NOA2 taking about 200 days, that would be an NOA2 on March 6th with no RFE. About 50 days to send to NVC is May 5th. 10 days at NVC is May 15th. 30 days for interview June 14th. 10 days for VOH (Visa on Hand) would be June 24th. 7 days for POE is July 1st :(

yeah, our timeline is very similar. I can't sleep anymore trying to figure out when my POE will be.

Good luck to us!

DAY 137...... (Crickets chirping on the background) :(:(:(

Packet Sent: August 23, 2017 

NOA1 Received Date: August 25, 2017 

NOA1 Notice Date: August 29, 2017

NOA2: March 1, 2018 (by calling Tier 2)

NOA 2 Notice Date: March 2, 2018 (according to the new USCIS website)

NOA2 Hard Copy: March 6, 2018 

NVC Received: March 16, 2018

NVC Case Number Assigned: March 23, 2018

In Transit: March 23, 2018

Status "Ready": March 27, 2018

Case Last Updated: April 2, 2018

Packet 3 Received: May 9, 2018

Interview: June 7, 2018

CEAC Status ISSUED: June 12, 2018

VOH: June 18, 2018

POE: July 5, 2018

I stopped putting timelines on this as it gives me anxiety to know that this 5-7 Month process is basically 8 Months - 1 year finalisation now . 

Super disappointed . 

I dislike when people tell me it's only been 5 months, wait it out you'll see . :/ why would I be comforted by hearing things such as that ? 

5 Months away from my fiance is a long time , USCIS congratulations !! Thank you for your hard work and dedication. I know your job is demanding and requires the utmost respect for all the profiles you may have to go through everyday . Haunted by faces in your dreams because you are ultimately determining if these people after waiting and praying for several months deserves to continue their relationship and get married . 

God's timing ..... No more process timing.... 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

155 days. Do I win a bottle of anti-depressants?

pa·tient  - able to accept or tolerate delays, problems, or suffering without becoming annoyed or anxious.

162 days for me! :(

03/01/2019 - USCIS Chicago lockbox received case  for AOS/EAD/AP

03/21/2019 - NOA1 received hard copy via post (Notice date 03/14/2019)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline

Feeling the moral go down. Day 141 wait for NOA2 is just depressing for me . So hard to be apart from your love. Looking forward to more patient days...Today is just not one of them. None the less there is light at the end of the tunnel. Hang in there!

Timeline

I quit smoking and drinking right before this process. I think I should have waited until after NOA2 or even POE.

pa·tient  - able to accept or tolerate delays, problems, or suffering without becoming annoyed or anxious.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Tea_pgtips said:

162 days for me! :(

I'll gladly share the anti-depressants with you. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

I decided to find out why it is taking so long for all the processing to be completed for us. So, I decided to put a video camera inside the USCIS conference room. Here is what I found…

Warning some explicit lyrics…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUC2EQvdzmY

148 Days and counting.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline
On 1/8/2018 at 3:17 PM, geowrian said:

The return ticket (within 90 days!) is strictly required for VWP travel anyway. 

A letter from work for when she is due back is good. So are copies of property.housing arrangements that require her to be back (i.e. a mortgage, or at least a lease). Basically, anything that compels her to leave the US on time is good.

It's unusual to be denied entry, especially with an ESTA. The suggestions above are best practice, but overall I wouldn't worry too much about it.

If our significant other visits  before NOA2 is approved, would this cause an rfe ?  since by the time i send the application she had not visit. but if she does then how do we go about it? 

15 minutes ago, Jesus said:

If our significant other visits  before NOA2 is approved, would this cause an rfe ?  since by the time i send the application she had not visit. but if she does then how do we go about it? 

There's no issue with visiting. The travel would just be noted on the DS-160 when they fill it out (like any travel).

Just to clarify, you did meet in person at least once within 2 years prior to filing the I-129F, right?

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline
1 hour ago, geowrian said:

There's no issue with visiting. The travel would just be noted on the DS-160 when they fill it out (like any travel).

Just to clarify, you did meet in person at least once within 2 years prior to filing the I-129F, right?

Yes we have, is just that this waiting is kind of hard. And because of school i can't travel, so i want her to be able to visit me. We just dont want to delay the process or get an rfe because she makes a trip here to visit. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.