4,721 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Majesty said:

Thanks for that information. June 26 wow. Were getting somewhere!

Well hopefully,,, it is already pretty late though. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Jesus said:

My heart is hurting, this wait is just ... I am loosing strength ) =  I am an August 31st filer. 

Feeling the exact same today :-( I just keep trying to remind myself, one day in the not so distant future this wait will be over and life will be wonderful. It will happen!

Edited by streanor

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline
15 minutes ago, streanor said:

Feeling the exact same today :-( I just keep trying to remind myself, one day in the not so distant future this wait will be over and life will be wonderful. It will happen!

I pray everyday , i hope that things can go faster.  Having estimate of NOA2 for March 20 from there how more do you think it will take for interview day?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline
31 minutes ago, streanor said:

How many days has it been for y'all? I promise there's an end!

Timeline
52 minutes ago, Jesus said:

I pray everyday , i hope that things can go faster.  Having estimate of NOA2 for March 20 from there how more do you think it will take for interview day?

I do too! How long you will wait for the interview will depend on your country and processing speed at your immigration office there. I'm expecting my wait to be about 60 days after receiving NVC here in Ireland.

39 minutes ago, useful89 said:

How many days has it been for y'all? I promise there's an end!

132 days for us. Really hoping processing will speed up to benefit everyone.

Edited by streanor

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline
46 minutes ago, streanor said:

I do too! How long you will wait for the interview will depend on your country and processing speed at your immigration office there. I'm expecting my wait to be about 60 days after receiving NVC here in Ireland.

Thank you, do you know by any chance how long in Venezuela? or where can i found out?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

The wait estimate is around 200 days and I’m 145 days already. That’s around 55 days more to go plus NVC waiting time to interview. Since my country is moving slow right now, my fiancée will be here with me sometimes around early May to mid July.

amma right?

Timeline
41 minutes ago, Jesus said:

Thank you, do you know by any chance how long in Venezuela? or where can i found out?

Oh goodness, I don't know, sorry. I made my estimate of 60 days from information I got from the Irish-American Embassy website. Maybe the Venezuelian Embassy might have a website with more information? Good Luck!

event.png

We are at day 216. Once you are approved expect 6 to 8 weeks for USCIS to send your files to NVC. Then wait two weeks and start calling NVC for the number. NVC will have your file for about a month before it is sent to the Embassy. The Embassy will let you know when you can schedule or if you are lucky, you get the number from NVC earlier and you can schedule sooner. Keep in mind you will still need to schedule the interview 2 to 4 weeks out so you are sure the file is at the embassy. 

Once you get the number from NVC you can do medical and schedule the interview. I anticipate 90+ days from NOA2 to interview. 

It is truly best best not to make any real plans until the beneficiary has visa in hand. There are too many “gotchas” to do much any sooner. It can even be a month after the interview to get the visa. 

Edited by John & Rose

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline
1 hour ago, streanor said:

I know it's easier said than done but the time will go by one way or another...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

136 days here. I blame the holidays but I think that just makes the pain ease a little more. I am actually going back to see my fiancée later this month. I hope now that the holidays are over things start speeding up. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
18 hours ago, John & Rose said:

We are at day 216. Once you are approved expect 6 to 8 weeks for USCIS to send your files to NVC. Then wait two weeks and start calling NVC for the number. NVC will have your file for about a month before it is sent to the Embassy. The Embassy will let you know when you can schedule or if you are lucky, you get the number from NVC earlier and you can schedule sooner. Keep in mind you will still need to schedule the interview 2 to 4 weeks out so you are sure the file is at the embassy. 

I'm really sorry you're having such an intolerably long wait. When our petition was submitted in August, the processing time was at 4 months to NOA2. It seems to have jumped to lengthier delays very quickly. It's appalling. 

Does anyone know why USCIS are now taking extraordinarily long to send files to NVC? It was never usually that long either?

1 hour ago, CaptainAmerica said:

I'm really sorry you're having such an intolerably long wait. When our petition was submitted in August, the processing time was at 4 months to NOA2. It seems to have jumped to lengthier delays very quickly. It's appalling. 

Does anyone know why USCIS are now taking extraordinarily long to send files to NVC? It was never usually that long either?

It is a perfect storm.  In April USCIS was directed to put family visas on the back burner as they focused on business visas.  That on top of a less than immigration friendly administration and here we are.  They are still working but we are not a priority as we were in the past.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.