4,721 posts in this topic

13 minutes ago, Tea_pgtips said:

Wow... that is insane. Have you tried to get into contact with USCIS to see what’s going on with your petition? I’m surprised it’s taken that long. 

That seems to be the new normal processing times. I did call and they said that my petition was not assigned to an adjudicator yet and that it is still within their normal processing timeline. There are about 130 June 6 filers who have not had their petitions looked at yet. The petition is very straight forward. We have known each other long and I had pictures from 5 visits. They are just very slow these days. There Re still May filers waiting. They are in the 220 to 230 day range.  June 6 will be day 210 before USCIS starts work tomorrow. 

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Sorry. Duplicate post. 

Edited by John & Rose
Duplicate post

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

On 12/30/2017 at 10:02 PM, Joselio said:

Wow.... I  wonder what happened from the end of April that make the processing time went progressively up.... 

I remember somebody posted that the number of filers in July were about 1,000 less than June, so I  hope the process speed up in January....

In April, USCIS reprioritized from family to work visas. Family visas were put on a back burner. That along with a general anti-immigration environment right now and we are where we are. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

21 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

That seems to be the new normal processing times. I did call and they said that my petition was not assigned to an adjudicator yet and that it is still within their normal processing timeline. There are about 130 June 6 filers who have not had their petitions looked at yet. The petition is very straight forward. We have known each other long and I had pictures from 5 visits. They are just very slow these days. There Re still May filers waiting. They are in the 220 to 230 day range.  June 6 will be day 210 before USCIS starts work tomorrow. 

Oh gosh... I wonder how long I'll have to wait. The new processing times are a joke. Hopefully they'll speed up at the start of January 

03/01/2019 - USCIS Chicago lockbox received case  for AOS/EAD/AP

03/21/2019 - NOA1 received hard copy via post (Notice date 03/14/2019)

1 minute ago, Tea_pgtips said:

Oh gosh... I wonder how long I'll have to wait. The new processing times are a joke. Hopefully they'll speed up at the start of January 

We are all hoping for that. We did realize that there would be a slowdown due to the holidays. Hopefully now that the holidays are over we can get back to some real numbers. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Wishing you all a happy new year and a swift NOA2 delivery!!

Day 137 over here :whistle:

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F Sent: 08/15/2017

NOA1: 08/18/2017

NOA2: 02/20/2018 (186 days)

NOA2 Hardcopy Sent: 02/24/2018

USCIS sent to NVC: 02/27/2018

NVC Received: 03/07/2018

NVC Case #: 03/15/2018

NVC Left: 03/16/2018

Embassy Received: 03/19/2018

Medical Exam: 03/21/2018

Interview at Stockholm Embassy: 04/12/2018 -- Approved!!

Visa Issued: 04/16/2018

Visa Received: 04/25/2018

POE: 04/27/2018

Married: 05/1/2018

AOS + AP + EAD:
Package Sent: 05/08/2018

NOA1: 05/15/2018

Biometrics: 06/4/2018

EAD/AP Card Being Produced: 9/28/18 (143 days)
EAD/AP Received: 10/4/18

AOS Interview: 09/26/19 (499 days from NOA1) Accepted!
GC Received: 10/16/19

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
On 12/28/2017 at 6:12 AM, Kristi&Luigi said:

How is it in uscis.gov it says they were working on June in October 31 and they are still not done with June based on visajourney.com?  They did 23 days of applications  in 2 months? 

Edit: actually john answered with perfect info so ignore this :) 

No in reality june didn't start showing approvals till mid november. But it is a good thing that they chose to show june. Because the further date they show the earlier people can inquire.

but yes overall they are extremely slow and they only went as far as 23th in June since mid November.

Edited by Naes

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

You know, at first it was the beginning of Feb that I was gonna get my noa2, not it's the end of feb.. 

Yoo it's gonna be half a year just for noa2.. 

I swear at this rate I probably should have just done the marriage visa instead.

Pretty upset that it's taken this long. Lo nger then what I was told it would take..

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Joselio said:

It's my understanding that the entire immigration processes are delayed including the CR1 visa.... I  wonder if this year is slow because the new administration.... 

The slowdown began long before our President was elected.  A more likely cause is the dramatic increase in the number of petitions, and a lagging increase in personnel.  USCIS received thousands and thousands of new petitions every month.  Each one must be scrutinized by human eyes.......it just takes time.....

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

So, I use a USCIS app to track other cases approvals/updates.. Does anyone know if these apps track all the cases, or just the ones other uses have logged in the app? My hope is the latter, cause I don't get nearly enough updates a day for the prior explanation to make sense :( unless the process goes out like 3+ years, wouldn't that be lovely

Filed K1:             08.03.2017
I-129F NOA1:     08.09.2017
I-129F NOA2:     03.01.2018 

NVC Received:   03.15.2018

NVC Case ##:    03.22.2018

NVC Left:            03.23.2018

Case Ready:       03.27.2018

Packet 3:             04.09.2018 **We sent our Packet 3 information once a week before we received anything from the consulate**

Packet 4:             04.10.2018

Medical:              04.24.2018

Interview:           06.06.2018

POE:                    06.22.2018 

August Filers it’s possible that the beginning of August should expect NOA2 by Mid Feb to the ending of Feb whilst the latter part of August at the beginning of March , I could be very wrong but it is what it is at this point . We have to say it’s better for late approvals than possible denial and the process having to either be redone or the relationship suffer the breakup because of the stressful situation. Expected NVC can be within 4-6 weeks time of the NOA2 and another 4-5 weeks time with completed medical, interview dates etc. Alien fiancée like myself may not be able to be married until  the months of June - August 2018 if God is in our favor. This is complete BS but as I started saying it is what it is. I have not been able to see my fiancé for a total of 5 months now , and we have had to spend yet another Christmas and New Year apart. I get extremely emotional when he’s asking me when am I finally gonna be with him or when is he gonna be able to see me again. We have been saving everything we have to begin our future and sacrificing seeing each other because we want no problems when USCIS ask for the Affidavit of Support documents. I am extremely disappointed by this, One year process for what should of been a 6month process. USCIS whomever is your Directors in charge please I urge you , money is being spent on this we are not begging favors, many of the alien fiancée will be aiding to your country (paying taxes , possible careers such as doctors etc) We still have to incur additional fee payments for the actual K1 Visa online application as well as medical fees. Pleaseeee I urge you do what is needed to be done . Generate and deligate the appropriate personnel to the countries which have the most applications and need the extract security checks. I do not understand and will not accept the reasons being more applications is being filed for the mere fact of if you already know what is the potential problem then why haven’t you yet solve and provided the adequate solutions? My fiancé has been prolonging his career for me and I have been forced to change career paths due to the uncertainty of the once initial expected processing times. This is high class nonsense and though I may not be versed in the knowledge of your demanding your job responsiblities, understandably petitioners and beneficiaries do deserve notices from your Offices with some sort of explanation and without having to speak with an automated recording taking me circles as if my life applies selecting numbers 1-6 Sigh!!! 

-Highly Disappointing 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Does anyone have any idea on how close they are with starting on July filers? 

Im thinking of taking a trip to the Philippines ans would like to be able to some how get lucky and be ble to fly back to the states with her haha which im already planning on not doing because I won't get that lucky 😞

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
18 minutes ago, shalyn said:

Does anyone have any idea on how close they are with starting on July filers? 

Im thinking of taking a trip to the Philippines ans would like to be able to some how get lucky and be ble to fly back to the states with her haha which im already planning on not doing because I won't get that lucky 😞

Some people have been approved from late June, but there are still plenty of early June and some May filers left. I'm an Aug 9th filer and I'd expect early August filers to be approved late-Feb if they're lucky

Filed K1:             08.03.2017
I-129F NOA1:     08.09.2017
I-129F NOA2:     03.01.2018 

NVC Received:   03.15.2018

NVC Case ##:    03.22.2018

NVC Left:            03.23.2018

Case Ready:       03.27.2018

Packet 3:             04.09.2018 **We sent our Packet 3 information once a week before we received anything from the consulate**

Packet 4:             04.10.2018

Medical:              04.24.2018

Interview:           06.06.2018

POE:                    06.22.2018 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.