4,721 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

Also guys what does this mean?? I’m sorry, it’s just so confusing for me. Like my fiancé has to say how he is going to support me? 

Thank you so much 

ps: I wrote this in the wrong thread 😳 so embarrassing 😬

9A746546-A2DF-4DEF-8FCF-786EFA50FB15.jpeg

Edited by jackyjimenez

31-08-2017 ---   I-129F SENT

Filed: Other Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Just an update for everyone. I did talk to Tier 2 just now and she told me the last time my application was accessed was Feb 20 2018 and that I just need to give it another 30 days for a decision as it is still within normal processing time.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Dorena27 said:

Just an update for everyone. I did talk to Tier 2 just now and she told me the last time my application was accessed was Feb 20 2018 and that I just need to give it another 30 days for a decision as it is still within normal processing time.

I got something like that too from tier 2. That they are working August 1 and I can do a service inquiry after 20 days. And that they are still within processing times.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Dorena27 said:

we are close... we are august 31... perhaps this week ?? when did you call tier 2 and how were you able to get transferred? what did you tell them.. thank you

Timeline
1 minute ago, Jesus said:

we are close... we are august 31... perhaps this week ?? when did you call tier 2 and how were you able to get transferred? what did you tell them.. thank you

I just now called them and I told them I had been very patient and I wanted to know if my file had even been looked at and what should I expect. That I understand many of people are waiting and some even before my date of Aug 29th but it isn't fair to anyone to not allow them some sort of update. Peoples lives, feelings, and money are involved.

5 minutes ago, Majesty said:

I got something like that too from tier 2. That they are working August 1 and I can do a service inquiry after 20 days. And that they are still within processing times.

Yes I don't even know and none of it really makes any sense. Seems like working cases in the order that they were received makes more sense.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Just called uscis and talked to tier1 then was transferred to tier2: they don't know why our case wasn't touched. we've been patient and wait but i guess, we've waited long enough, so we called and the only resolution:  FILED A SERVICE REQUEST and to wait for another 14 days. 

We got our NOA1 = August 1 btw. 

So frustrating :( can somebody tell me what's wrong? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Dorena27 said:

Yes I don't even know and none of it really makes any sense. Seems like working cases in the order that they were received makes more sense.

As @Naes has said many times, if this was the case, they would still be working on January.  It's not feasible to restrict them to go in exact order as some cases are far more complex than others.

10/03/2017 I-129F sent

10/05/2017 - I-129F delivered

10/10/2017 - NOA1 

03/29/2018 - NOA2 

04/17/2018 NVC case received

04/19/2018 - NVC case number assigned

05/16/2018 - In Transit to Consulate

05/18/2018 - Ready at Consulate

06/18/2018 - Medical

07/03/2018 - Interview

07/19/2018 - VOH

07/27/2018 - POE

Post NOA2 Information For Brazil

53 minutes ago, PJN&MMR said:

How did this go?

Hey!! So it went okay! My tier 1 was super nice and after going through her script she let me transfer to Tier 2. The automated machine said 17 minute wait (1 hour later) I spoke to a Tier 2. He was nice too and went through his script about how they are on August 1st applications. I tried asking him like has my case been assigned or background checks done or anything and he said he couldn’t see into my file so he didn’t know and didn’t think so that was it. I’m August 25 NOA1. I’m gonna start calling every (or every other) Tuesday at 8am now

K-1 VISA

I129F Sent: 08/23/2017

NOA 1: 08/25/2017

NOA 2: 02/27/2018

NVC Received: 03/14/2018

NVC Case #: 03/15/2018

NVC Left: 03/24/2018

Embassy Received: 03/28/2018

Medical: 05/08/2018

Interview: 05/15/2018 

Visa issued: 05/18/2018

Visa received: 05/23/2018 

AOS

POE: 06/07/2018

SSN applied: 06/12/2018

SSN received: 06/28/2018

AOS Sent: 07/27/2018

Biometrics: 08/23/2018

Interview: 10/30/2018

Approval: 10/30/2018 

NOA2: 11/05/2018

Green card Received: 11/08/2018

NO MORE USCIS UNTIL ROC!!!!!😁

43 minutes ago, Michell213 said:

What day of August are you?

August 25 ;)

Packet Sent: August 23, 2017 

NOA1 Received Date: August 25, 2017 

NOA1 Notice Date: August 29, 2017

NOA2: March 1, 2018 (by calling Tier 2)

NOA 2 Notice Date: March 2, 2018 (according to the new USCIS website)

NOA2 Hard Copy: March 6, 2018 

NVC Received: March 16, 2018

NVC Case Number Assigned: March 23, 2018

In Transit: March 23, 2018

Status "Ready": March 27, 2018

Case Last Updated: April 2, 2018

Packet 3 Received: May 9, 2018

Interview: June 7, 2018

CEAC Status ISSUED: June 12, 2018

VOH: June 18, 2018

POE: July 5, 2018

Timeline
21 minutes ago, Mgdtime97 said:

As @Naes has said many times, if this was the case, they would still be working on January.  It's not feasible to restrict them to go in exact order as some cases are far more complex than others.

I understand what you are saying but just being honest. We should never being working on August files until all July and previous months have at least been processed. Now I understand with RFEs that will take a little longer but just saying it doesn't make sense to work them all over the place when some people have never got any response for the first time with even way earlier dates.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
51 minutes ago, jackyjimenez said:

Also guys what does this mean?? I’m sorry, it’s just so confusing for me. Like my fiancé has to say how he is going to support me? 

Thank you so much 

Check 'I intend' and then in Part 7, put "N/A FIANCE VISA FOR PERMANENT RESIDENT" 

50 minutes ago, jackyjimenez said:

Thank you so much 

I believe you should check the "Yes" box and then in the additional information, just write "N/A K-1 Visa". This is what have have seen people recommend at least, but browse the question on VJ if you want more reasoning around it :) 

h

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
37 minutes ago, C.&A. said:

Just called uscis and talked to tier1 then was transferred to tier2: they don't know why our case wasn't touched. we've been patient and wait but i guess, we've waited long enough, so we called and the only resolution:  FILED A SERVICE REQUEST and to wait for another 14 days. 

We got our NOA1 = August 1 btw. 

So frustrating :( can somebody tell me what's wrong? 

Am sorry it's taking so long but we really can't tell you what's wrong.
Sometimes, nothing is wrong.
There's girl from May who JUST got her NOA2 last week, with No RFEs or anything. And she put in so many requests and was always told "within processing times" or "case is pending." Sometimes whoever is adjudicating your case might be taking their sweet time ^_^

But we're here for you. I know it's tough and it's perfectly okay to be frustrated to the max but
Hang in there! It will come

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.