4,721 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Never been so impatient. Once they start processing your case, how long until you hear back regarding an approval or RFE? I know that this is like asking somebody the length of a piece of string but I’m getting antsy. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Vholde346 said:

Never been so impatient. Once they start processing your case, how long until you hear back regarding an approval or RFE? I know that this is like asking somebody the length of a piece of string but I’m getting antsy. 

There was a blog from way back when of a former adjudicator who said once they have your file, it takes like 15 mins to look through it.
But we don't know like once someone looks at it and says RFE/Approval, does it go through all sorts of other nonsense before the app updates/letter gets sent in the mail.

But I mean we have people here that get a Tier two and Tier II says something like "Oh. you should be getting your approval notice shortly but it's not approved yet."
So at this point, we know NOTHING. lol

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Michell213 said:

Has someone here received your second notification? I am from August 17 and I have not received anything yet

Some people from VJ are getting their notifications.

But am August 9th- Still waiting. Many of us before August 17th are still waiting.
So don't worry- that's pretty "normal" 

Edited by emekus94

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
4 minutes ago, emekus94 said:

There was a blog from way back when of a former adjudicator who said once they have your file, it takes like 15 mins to look through it.
But we don't know like once someone looks at it and says RFE/Approval, does it go through all sorts of other nonsense before the app updates/letter gets sent in the mail.

But I mean we have people here that get a Tier two and Tier II says something like "Oh. you should be getting your approval notice shortly but it's not approved yet."
So at this point, we know NOTHING. lol

Thank you. My partner talked to Tier 2 last week and they were processing it as they were on the phone (apparently).

Filed: Other Country: Jamaica
Timeline
4 hours ago, Naes said:

That depends on the embassy.

ok thank you well My fiancé is in Kingston Jamaica. Not sure how I will know when to have him go for it. LOl I guess we will just wait to see when we get our NOA2 and we get the improval letter if it will tell us at what point to go get the medical exam.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Michell213 said:

Has someone here received your second notification? I am from August 17 and I have not received anything yet

I just did this - Call the number. Give them your case number. Listen patiently for them to finish their scripted stuff. Then, say hey you know we have been really patient through this process and have not bugged you up until now. Could you please connect me with Tier 2 so that we could perhaps see additional information regarding the case. I suspect if your nice like i was, they will forward you over to their call back system. Just punch in your call back number and Tier 2 will call you within maybe an hour.

Hope this helps!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline

should wait until its been 8 months waiting for noa2 to call uscis , if it doesn't happen within 8 months then call. 6 months mark does no good to call them.

August 4 2017 - I-129F Sent to USCIS

August 7 2017 I-129F Delivered

August 9 2017 NOA1 Sent out

August 14 2017 - Received email from Lawyer NOA1 received

August 28 2017 - Returned to USA/NOA1 was in the mail waiting for me delivered on August 14th according to my brother who collected my mail

September 7 2017 - 1 month into waiting for NOA2

October 7 2017 - 2 months into waiting for NOA2

November 7th 2017 - 3 months into waiting for NOA2

December 7th 2017 - 4 months into waiting for NOA2

January 7th 2018 - 5 months into waiting for NOA2

February 7th 2018 - 6 months into waiting for NOA2

February 17th 2018 - NOA2 - APPROVED!! noa1-noa2 194 days

February 20 2108 - NOA2 Mailed

February 24 2018 - NOA2 Received

March 5th 2018 - NVC Received Case

March 7th 2018 - NVC Case number received.

March 7th 2018 - DS-160 Submitted online

March 17th 2018 - Case sent to embassy

March 18th 2018 - Case Arrived embassy NVC says "Ready"

March 23 2018 - Medical exam completed

April 30 2018 - Interview - 221g - Administrative processing

December 12 2018 - Email from embassy Administrative processing completed request to send passport, new 221g , new medical

December 24 2018 - New medical exam

January 9 2019 - Medical ready for pickup, sent passport to embassy

January 10 2019 - Passport received by embassy.....case update as well

January 11 2019 - CEAC page shows visa status ISSUED!

January 14 2019 - Visa received.

January 15 2019 - POE - Dallas Ft Worth - Arrived Mobile Al airport - now home with me.

1 minute ago, A2Z Panish said:

We were approved!!!! Just wanted to say thank you to all of the August filers for your consistent post that kept us strong through this whole process. My case wasnt updated electronically. I called in and the customer service rep, gave the usual 3 week response so I asked to speak with a Tier II. As soon as I got on the phone he asked if I recieved my approval letter yet and I was like "WHAT?!" He was like yeah, you were approved on 4/22. Best day of my year thus far. Our NOA1 date was 8/22.

Good Luck everyone and call, call, call. Don't wait for your fate. If you are worried and you have time give the CSC a call around 8am and speak to a Tier II. You wont have to wait in line they will call you back. Your approval maybe in the mail.

Congrats!

Luflolady

Jan 26th: Mailed I-129F

Jan 29th NOA1

Feb 2nd: Check Cashed

Feb 9th: rcvd hard copy of NOA1

Aug. 28th Notified of RFE being mailed

Sept. 1st received hard copy of RFE in the mail

Sept. 4th mailed response to RFE

Sept. 10th received txt that my response to RFE was received

Oct. 10th Received txt that we were approved (NOA2) 30days after RFE response

Oct. 13th received hard copy of NOA2

Oct. 31st case arrived at NVC

Nov 2nd received case number

Nov. 19th Case is "ready" to schedule an interview

Feb. 14th Interview (2019) APPROVED!!!!!!

AOS

July 24th: mailed AOS pkt

July 31st: received txt msg of receipt numbers for all documents

Aug 5th received NOA hard copies dated July 31st

Aug. 9th received Biometrics letter in the mail

Aug. 19th Biometrics appt.

Sept. 20th notified of RFE via website 

Sept. 25th Received hard copy of RFE (copy of BC)

Sept. 27th Sent response to RFE

Sept. 30th Response was delivered

Oct. 2nd... Response to evidence received updated on website

Feb 12, 2020 case is ready to schedule for interview

Feb 12, 2020 New card is being produced (EAD)
Feb 13, 2020 Notification that EAD  and AP was approved

Feb 18,2020 received hard copies of AP and EAD approval

Feb 18,2020 notification AOS interview scheduled and EAD mailed

Feb 20, 2020 received EAD card

Feb 24, 2020 received interview letter (March24th)

Aug 4, 2020 received notification of new interview date(rescheduled because of pandemic)

Sept. 14th new AOS interview
Oct. 30th AOS approval

Nov. 9th New card is being produced

Just now, JAgarcia said:

Hello everyone! I've been following this amazing forum sice June people started to get approved. This is my first post in this tread just to thank everyone for sharing their experience in this stressful process. I want to say we got approved!!! No email, no text message and no online update. Our NOA2 just came in the mail. NOA1 08/16; NOA2 02/22.

Keep focusing in your mate! That helped me a lot 

congrats!

Luflolady

Jan 26th: Mailed I-129F

Jan 29th NOA1

Feb 2nd: Check Cashed

Feb 9th: rcvd hard copy of NOA1

Aug. 28th Notified of RFE being mailed

Sept. 1st received hard copy of RFE in the mail

Sept. 4th mailed response to RFE

Sept. 10th received txt that my response to RFE was received

Oct. 10th Received txt that we were approved (NOA2) 30days after RFE response

Oct. 13th received hard copy of NOA2

Oct. 31st case arrived at NVC

Nov 2nd received case number

Nov. 19th Case is "ready" to schedule an interview

Feb. 14th Interview (2019) APPROVED!!!!!!

AOS

July 24th: mailed AOS pkt

July 31st: received txt msg of receipt numbers for all documents

Aug 5th received NOA hard copies dated July 31st

Aug. 9th received Biometrics letter in the mail

Aug. 19th Biometrics appt.

Sept. 20th notified of RFE via website 

Sept. 25th Received hard copy of RFE (copy of BC)

Sept. 27th Sent response to RFE

Sept. 30th Response was delivered

Oct. 2nd... Response to evidence received updated on website

Feb 12, 2020 case is ready to schedule for interview

Feb 12, 2020 New card is being produced (EAD)
Feb 13, 2020 Notification that EAD  and AP was approved

Feb 18,2020 received hard copies of AP and EAD approval

Feb 18,2020 notification AOS interview scheduled and EAD mailed

Feb 20, 2020 received EAD card

Feb 24, 2020 received interview letter (March24th)

Aug 4, 2020 received notification of new interview date(rescheduled because of pandemic)

Sept. 14th new AOS interview
Oct. 30th AOS approval

Nov. 9th New card is being produced

18 minutes ago, A2Z Panish said:

We were approved!!!! Just wanted to say thank you to all of the August filers for your consistent post that kept us strong through this whole process. My case wasnt updated electronically. I called in and the customer service rep, gave the usual 3 week response so I asked to speak with a Tier II. As soon as I got on the phone he asked if I recieved my approval letter yet and I was like "WHAT?!" He was like yeah, you were approved on 4/22. Best day of my year thus far. Our NOA1 date was 8/22.

Good Luck everyone and call, call, call. Don't wait for your fate. If you are worried and you have time give the CSC a call around 8am and speak to a Tier II. You wont have to wait in line they will call you back. Your approval maybe in the mail.

Congratulations!!!

13 minutes ago, JAgarcia said:

Hello everyone! I've been following this amazing forum sice June people started to get approved. This is my first post in this tread just to thank everyone for sharing their experience in this stressful process. I want to say we got approved!!! No email, no text message and no online update. Our NOA2 just came in the mail. NOA1 08/16; NOA2 02/22.

Keep focusing in your mate! That helped me a lot 

Congratulations!!!

Packet Sent: August 23, 2017 

NOA1 Received Date: August 25, 2017 

NOA1 Notice Date: August 29, 2017

NOA2: March 1, 2018 (by calling Tier 2)

NOA 2 Notice Date: March 2, 2018 (according to the new USCIS website)

NOA2 Hard Copy: March 6, 2018 

NVC Received: March 16, 2018

NVC Case Number Assigned: March 23, 2018

In Transit: March 23, 2018

Status "Ready": March 27, 2018

Case Last Updated: April 2, 2018

Packet 3 Received: May 9, 2018

Interview: June 7, 2018

CEAC Status ISSUED: June 12, 2018

VOH: June 18, 2018

POE: July 5, 2018

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.