4,721 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
1 minute ago, bironeaj said:

Just wanted to update you guys again. USCIS website still shows no update for my case even though paper copy of NOA2 was received on 2/9. Check your mailboxes today. I'm thinking the USCIS website tracker is totally inaccurate.

It won't show an update don't worry about that. We already know most noa2s do not show any update. It is known and happens a lot.

Especially from the dates with the least updates online , usually means they will just send noa2s in mail. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
7 hours ago, S_Flores said:

Patiently waiting for our NOA2. Ok, NOT! Haha. This is driving me crazy. Today is my birthday (February 12), by the way.

Congratulations to everyone who got theirs already. And for those still waiting like me, let's stay calm and continue praying. 

❤❤💖❤❤

Happy Birthday! 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Naes said:

1) depends on the embassy (in japan I can)

2) (probably accidental 1) beneficiary print out is ok 

3) most recent you can get and 3-6 months there's nothing specific but 6 was what they asked from me for visitor visa so I'm going with that

4) we actually had it already and I'm worried about that too... just google visajourney employment letter k1 you'll see some similar threads with sample templates..

Thank you for the answers! We are so lucky to have you in this forum!

When you say (in Japan I can) Do you mean, you are going to mark 38 as "I do not intend" and then provide a Bank Letter in the interview that shows enough money you have in the bank?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
8 hours ago, S_Flores said:

Patiently waiting for our NOA2. Ok, NOT! Haha. This is driving me crazy. Today is my birthday (February 12), by the way.

Congratulations to everyone who got theirs already. And for those still waiting like me, let's stay calm and continue praying. 

❤❤💖❤❤

Happy birthday! May you have a great new cycle full of happiness!

08/15/2017 -  I-129F NOA1 

02/22/2018 - NOA2 (online)

02/26/2018 - NOA2

03/20/2018 - NVC received, RDJ assigned 

05/24/2018 - Medical

05/29/2018 - Interview (rescheduled by Consulate for 06/06)

06/06/2018  - Interview

06/15/2018 - Visa in hand

07/21/2018 - POE

07/26/2018 - Wedding day

08/23/2018 - Mailed AOS packet (I-130, I-485, I-765)

08/24/2018 - Package received

08/25/2018 - NOA1 for I-130, I-485, I-765

09/07/2018 - Received hard copy of NOA1

10/23/2018 - Biometrics letter notice for I-485 & I-765 & I-131 

11/09/2018 - Biometrics Appointment Done

11/15/2018 - Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview

01/29/2019 - Request for Initial Evidence  EAD/AP

xx/xx/2019 - EAD/AP Approved

XX/XX/201X - Card in Production

XX/XX/201X - Received Approval Notice in the Mail

XX/XX//201X - Card Mailed (Priority Mail) to Me

XX/XX/201X - Card Received

XX/XX/201X - Interview Date XX/XX

XX/XX/201X - Interview

XX/XX/201X - Received hard copy for GC

XX/XX/201X - USCIS Mobile Status changed to "Card was mailed to me"

XX/XX/201X - Permanent Resident/Green Card received 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Veture said:

Thank you for the answers! We are so lucky to have you in this forum!

When you say (in Japan I can) Do you mean, you are going to mark 38 as "I do not intend" and then provide a Bank Letter in the interview that shows enough money you have in the bank?

Oh nope, I can provide my own assets without I-134 so I can be my own sponsor. Not every embassy can do that, so first check that one.(because you didn't put the country I am not sure which country it is about)

About 38- normally if it is the petitioner either you chose intend or leave it blank (do not chose I do not intend!) and then at the additional page you put the corresponding info and write "N/A (K1 visa process)" or something similar to that. So I believe it would be same even if it is the beneficiary. (check beforehand if you can do this)

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Naes said:

Oh nope, I can provide my own assets without I-134 so I can be my own sponsor. Not every embassy can do that, so first check that one.(because you didn't put the country I am not sure which country it is about)

About 38- normally if it is the petitioner either you chose intend or leave it blank (do not chose I do not intend!) and then at the additional page you put the corresponding info and write "N/A (K1 visa process)" or something similar to that. So I believe it would be same even if it is the beneficiary. (check beforehand if you can do this)

Its Turkey :D I will put I intend to and then refer to the Bank Letter.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Veture said:

Its Turkey :D I will put I intend to and then refer to the Bank Letter.

Ahahha 

It's so funny how many Turkish beneficiary is here 😂😂. I'd never guess!

Does Turkey let you do that? Just be sure about that and also have a good plan for AOS at that point as it may ask for different things.

Hi guys! I hope we'll get our approvals soon! ❤️

Quick question though, if ever a consul during your interview asks you if you have plans to work in the US, what is the appropriate/right answer? I've read somewhere in facebook that the answer should be NO, coz there have been people who have been denied when they answered YES. I am a nurse by profession, and I do have plans working after I took the NCLEX there. So should I say NO too? Thank you in advance. 😊

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Justmel said:

@EmEhL I'm going to assume the answer is no because obviously all of us are planning to work eventually but we aren't legally allowed to work till we get EAD (Employment Authorization Document) or a green card.

This is a weird one, as unless you absolutely don't have to work we're almost all going to have to say "yes, eventually" without it being an outright lie. I can't believe an embassy would deny a visa on those grounds, as long as you made it clear you understood you can't work until you have an EAD

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
2 hours ago, Naes said:

1) depends on the embassy (in japan I can)

2) (probably accidental 1) beneficiary print out is ok 

3) most recent you can get and 3-6 months there's nothing specific but 6 was what they asked from me for visitor visa so I'm going with that

4) we actually had it already and I'm worried about that too... just google visajourney employment letter k1 you'll see some similar threads with sample templates..

Hello :) sorry to jump in the convo ! I've read for the embassy we'll need the I-134. Otherwise, my fiancé isn't having any income at the moment as he came to live with me (I'm so lucky, we're waiting but at least we're waiting together) so his brother will be our co-sponsor. Does my fiancé still need to complete the I-134 even if he has to write down "zero" for the incomes & everything, or only the co sponsor completes the form ? Sorry I'm a bit lost 😅

Hope everybody gets approvals very soon 🤗 We're fillers for August 17th, so finger crossed for this week !! It's been already too long 😅

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Just got a notification for the new March 2018 Visa Bulletin being posted:

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/legal/visa-law0/visa-bulletin/2018/visa-bulletin-for-march-2018.html

Doesn't seem like it affects K1, but possibly CR1? Hard to tell if it affects either. 

Edited by blenheim

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F Sent: 08/15/2017

NOA1: 08/18/2017

NOA2: 02/20/2018 (186 days)

NOA2 Hardcopy Sent: 02/24/2018

USCIS sent to NVC: 02/27/2018

NVC Received: 03/07/2018

NVC Case #: 03/15/2018

NVC Left: 03/16/2018

Embassy Received: 03/19/2018

Medical Exam: 03/21/2018

Interview at Stockholm Embassy: 04/12/2018 -- Approved!!

Visa Issued: 04/16/2018

Visa Received: 04/25/2018

POE: 04/27/2018

Married: 05/1/2018

AOS + AP + EAD:
Package Sent: 05/08/2018

NOA1: 05/15/2018

Biometrics: 06/4/2018

EAD/AP Card Being Produced: 9/28/18 (143 days)
EAD/AP Received: 10/4/18

AOS Interview: 09/26/19 (499 days from NOA1) Accepted!
GC Received: 10/16/19

• Got this response but still no response LOL
  •  
  • /10/2018
    sign_icon.png

On February 10, 2018, your inquiry about why your case is taking longer than our processing time, referral number SR10301805016CSC, was completed.

• 02/10/2018
    sign_icon.png

On February 10, 2018, we sent a response to your inquiry about why your case is taking longer than our processing time, referral number SR10301805016CSC.

• 02/01/2018
    sign_icon.png

On February 1, 2018, your inquiry about why your case is taking longer than our processing time, referral number SRg10301805016CSC, was assigned to an officer for response.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
4 hours ago, Wanderdoll said:

Happy Birthday! 

Happy Birthday!!!  May all your birthday wishes for this year (and the subsequent years) come true!  :wub:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.