4,721 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country:
Timeline

Hey everyone! I know this has been asked numerous time I'm just a little but confused which is my NOA1 date ? is it the Received date or Notice date in the letter? I am really really nervous as we send the application 2week of August.

Applied for AOS/EAD/AP : August 7, 2018 (via USPS)

USCIS Chicago received the package: August 9, 2018

NOA1:

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
2 minutes ago, dynesyzygy24 said:

Hey everyone! I know this has been asked numerous time I'm just a little but confused which is my NOA1 date ? is it the Received date or Notice date in the letter? I am really really nervous as we send the application 2week of August.

Notice date is noa (noa is the "notice") however the dates we use here is received date, as that's the date you filed and the date that shows on uscis website.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country:
Timeline
23 minutes ago, Naes said:

Notice date is noa (noa is the "notice") however the dates we use here is received date, as that's the date you filed and the date that shows on uscis website.

Thank you Naes, you've been really helpful to everyone. :) 

I saw the spreadsheet you attached here I notice that there's one case that says Improperly filed... is it how you submitted the application? like for example to us we did use folder with fastener and put all the picture in a ziplock. I'm a little bit worried to be honest will this be grounds for rejection? ***i know i sound silly :(  

Applied for AOS/EAD/AP : August 7, 2018 (via USPS)

USCIS Chicago received the package: August 9, 2018

NOA1:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline
Just now, dynesyzygy24 said:

I saw the spreadsheet you attached here I notice that there's one case that says Improperly filed... is it how you submitted the application? like for example to us we did use folder with fastener and put all the picture in a ziplock. I'm a little bit worried to be honest will this be grounds for rejection? ***i know i sound silly :(  

Don't worry. they wont reject your case just cause you stapled them together awkwardly. 

Improperly filed is usually an old form, no payment attached, or forgotten signature. Something of that nature.

06.01.2016 met online                                                                    

06.23.2017 met in person                                                              

12.16.2017 got engaged

K1 fiance visa

12.20.2017 K1 filed

12.22.2017 NOA-1

07.10.2018 NOA-2 (200 days)

07.18.2018 case at NVC (case number available on 07.20)

7.26.2018 case at Amsterdam Consulate

7.27-2018 P3 through e-mail

08.02.2018 medical

08.14.2018 interview APPROVED 

08.21.2018 POE

08.25.2018 💕Married 💕

AOS adjustment of status and AP/EAD 

08.27.2018 filed AOS, AP and EAD

08.30.2018 NOA-1 on all 3

9.21.2018 RFE on AOS

9.28.2018 replied to RFE

10.04.2018 biometrics appointment Louisville

11.29.2018 AOS interview Indianapolis  

01.28.2019 AOS approved

ROC removal of conditions

12.7.2020 filed ROC 

1.30.2021 NOA-1

5.28.2021 existing biometrics applied (no new biometrics done)

10.27.2021 ROC approved (no interview)

Check your case status: https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov

Call USCIS: 800-375-5283 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
15 minutes ago, Little_Vixen said:

Don't worry. they wont reject your case just cause you stapled them together awkwardly. 

Improperly filed is usually an old form, no payment attached, or forgotten signature. Something of that nature.

Actually those have different statuses for each, I think improperly filed is things they can't accept. Such as a photo album. Maybe people send the form itself in a shape that shouldn't be send -cannot scan-

19 minutes ago, dynesyzygy24 said:

Don't worry, those rejections only happen at the beginning. You would have already been rejected and wouldn't hold a noa1

6 hours ago, Naes said:

You're sooooo gonna miss us!!! 😁😁😁😁

Oh I def will miss all of you! Lol 

If I could I would meet you all in real life. Especially you Naes and bring you chocolate to keep your sweetest over load.

ROC

- Mailed June 27,2020

- Delivered July 1, 2020

- SMS with Case Nr. SRC  and Check cashed July 8, 2020 

- NOA received July 20,2020- NOA dated July 14,2020

-Fingersprinting applied notification - Aug 10,2020

- Card being produced - Nov 2, 2020

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Hello,

Sorry to bother everyone on a Sunday, but is the "Check Case Status"  on the USCIS site down for others today as well? I don't post here, but I love reading all the encouraging posts from others. I was eager to read that August 15th cases have been touched, as I'm an August 9th filer. Just wanted to check online since I haven't been able to do so since Wednesday. Anywho, thanks in advance to whoever responds and I wish the best of luck to all filers. :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
3 minutes ago, MikeandMeg said:

Hello,

Sorry to bother everyone on a Sunday, but is the "Check Case Status"  on the USCIS site down for others today as well? I don't post here, but I love reading all the encouraging posts from others. I was eager to read that August 15th cases have been touched, as I'm an August 9th filer. Just wanted to check online since I haven't been able to do so since Wednesday. Anywho, thanks in advance to whoever responds and I wish the best of luck to all filers. :)

Yeah I’ve just tried and it’s saying connection lost. Have you got the app?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline
1 minute ago, Wanderdoll said:

Yep, me too. Something is wrong with the USCIS website, it's not us.  It says:

This site can't be reached.

The connection was reset.

Hopefully it's back running by Monday! :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
1 minute ago, Wanderdoll said:

Yes, I have the app too, but nothing seems to be working. Thank you for your reply, at least I know that it's not the untrustworthy internet connection by my home. I guess I'll try again later today or tomorrow. Thanks again.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
1 minute ago, LLT said:

Yep, me too. Something is wrong with the USCIS website, it's not us.  It says:

This site can't be reached.

The connection was reset.

Hopefully it's back running by Monday! :)

Maybe they’re working on updating everything for Monday?? Haha wishful thinking lol 

Just now, MikeandMeg said:

Yes, I have the app too, but nothing seems to be working. Thank you for your reply, at least I know that it's not the untrustworthy internet connection by my home. I guess I'll try again later today or tomorrow. Thanks again.

Yeah I’ve checked mine and it’s acting up. Definitely try again tomorrow 😊

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
4 hours ago, Little_Vixen said:

Your post got a little snowed under, sorry about that. 

You will get the NOA-2, but after that your case will go through the NVC to the local embassy in her country. She will get a letter from the embassy explaining the next step (schedule the interview and medical). So yes, she will receive mail at some point. 

@Wibblet, Yeah yeah! Just like @Little_Vixen, Embassy would be sending Packet 3 & 4 to her. 

OR

Instead of mailing, immediately your NVC Status changes to 'Ready', it means your case is at the embassy. She can contact the embassy (via Phone or Email) to email her the Packet, instead of mailing. 

They will def do that.

Good luck!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
12 hours ago, noraliz73 said:

Also, you never know what type of person that case belonged to.  I like to believe they do a good job preventing fraudulent cases and will speed up with all the honest lovebirds who want to start their lives already.  When you see a notice, don’t assume it was someone just like you!

Wise words :)

Edited by Pbl

08/15/2017 -  I-129F NOA1 

02/22/2018 - NOA2 (online)

02/26/2018 - NOA2

03/20/2018 - NVC received, RDJ assigned 

05/24/2018 - Medical

05/29/2018 - Interview (rescheduled by Consulate for 06/06)

06/06/2018  - Interview

06/15/2018 - Visa in hand

07/21/2018 - POE

07/26/2018 - Wedding day

08/23/2018 - Mailed AOS packet (I-130, I-485, I-765)

08/24/2018 - Package received

08/25/2018 - NOA1 for I-130, I-485, I-765

09/07/2018 - Received hard copy of NOA1

10/23/2018 - Biometrics letter notice for I-485 & I-765 & I-131 

11/09/2018 - Biometrics Appointment Done

11/15/2018 - Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview

01/29/2019 - Request for Initial Evidence  EAD/AP

xx/xx/2019 - EAD/AP Approved

XX/XX/201X - Card in Production

XX/XX/201X - Received Approval Notice in the Mail

XX/XX//201X - Card Mailed (Priority Mail) to Me

XX/XX/201X - Card Received

XX/XX/201X - Interview Date XX/XX

XX/XX/201X - Interview

XX/XX/201X - Received hard copy for GC

XX/XX/201X - USCIS Mobile Status changed to "Card was mailed to me"

XX/XX/201X - Permanent Resident/Green Card received 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.