4,721 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline
3 minutes ago, lilit829 said:

I saw this before, as I'm also in the same position. I believe you write "none" for citizenship proof as they already have your passport and that's more than enough. I read it somewhere else but don't remember exactly where. But no you don't need your certificate of citizenship because that's only for people who want to proof citizenship to get a passport (like kids who were born to u.s. parents in foreign countries and came back). 

This is very helpful. Ty. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline

Just got off the phone with my attorney regarding backlog and rfe's , last year the current administration sent new guidelines to the department of homeland security regarding ALL visa petitions. USCIS was told to review each petition a 2nd and a 3rd time before issuing an approval. He also said his office hasn't received 1 rfe in last 2000 cases and seems to think most of these rfe's within the last 8 months are being issued to people that filed the petition themselves. USCIS were sent a new set of guidelines 8 months ago and they been going by those, so prior to 8 months ago things would have been approved faster than what the current rate is now due to the change in how things are approved. Which bothers me because if someone sends in the correct information, evidence and meets ALL the requirements of the I-129F petition for K1 then should be approved no matter what the new guidelines say. If one meets the requirements then by all means approve them if the both background checks are in order. 

I will not vote for this administration next time around.

August 4 2017 - I-129F Sent to USCIS

August 7 2017 I-129F Delivered

August 9 2017 NOA1 Sent out

August 14 2017 - Received email from Lawyer NOA1 received

August 28 2017 - Returned to USA/NOA1 was in the mail waiting for me delivered on August 14th according to my brother who collected my mail

September 7 2017 - 1 month into waiting for NOA2

October 7 2017 - 2 months into waiting for NOA2

November 7th 2017 - 3 months into waiting for NOA2

December 7th 2017 - 4 months into waiting for NOA2

January 7th 2018 - 5 months into waiting for NOA2

February 7th 2018 - 6 months into waiting for NOA2

February 17th 2018 - NOA2 - APPROVED!! noa1-noa2 194 days

February 20 2108 - NOA2 Mailed

February 24 2018 - NOA2 Received

March 5th 2018 - NVC Received Case

March 7th 2018 - NVC Case number received.

March 7th 2018 - DS-160 Submitted online

March 17th 2018 - Case sent to embassy

March 18th 2018 - Case Arrived embassy NVC says "Ready"

March 23 2018 - Medical exam completed

April 30 2018 - Interview - 221g - Administrative processing

December 12 2018 - Email from embassy Administrative processing completed request to send passport, new 221g , new medical

December 24 2018 - New medical exam

January 9 2019 - Medical ready for pickup, sent passport to embassy

January 10 2019 - Passport received by embassy.....case update as well

January 11 2019 - CEAC page shows visa status ISSUED!

January 14 2019 - Visa received.

January 15 2019 - POE - Dallas Ft Worth - Arrived Mobile Al airport - now home with me.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
1 hour ago, EmEhL said:

Wow! Lots of August approvals! 😱❤️ Aug11 here. Keeping my fingers crossed. If we're not in the scan, i wish they already sent out our NOA2! Goodluck my lovies! I wish we'll get our approvals soon, its our 10th year anniversary this month. And 9th year of being in a long distance relationship. I do hope we'll get approve soon and all of us here. ❤️❤️❤️ Positive vibes everyone! 🙏🏻

I'm August 11th too, so it's promising but also disappointing to see only one approval compared to the many for the following days. I know this doesn't mean much since they work somewhat erratically... Now this is going to be increasing the stress levels! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

meanwhile...I'm outside shoveling snow and making snow angels  (reminds me of Naes...lol)!!!  Seriously though, I decided last night that I wasn't going to focus on any of the things that give me negative energy but instead to take each day and live it, make it fun so that I don't feel like my life is on hold until my love is here. Because my life ISN"T on hold! Each day is precious with something special in it...I don't to miss it!!!  Totally worth it all.

2 minutes ago, CaptainAmerica said:

I'm August 11th too, so it's promising but also disappointing to see only one approval compared to the many for the following days. I know this doesn't mean much since they work somewhat erratically... Now this is going to be increasing the stress levels! 

Lets just be on the positive side cos negativity attracts negative vibes. Who knows? Our NOA2 might be on its way to our mailboxes! 😊🙏🏻 Lets hope for the best! Its coming! 😇

10 minutes ago, MandW said:

Just got off the phone with my attorney regarding backlog and rfe's , last year the current administration sent new guidelines to the department of homeland security regarding ALL visa petitions. USCIS was told to review each petition a 2nd and a 3rd time before issuing an approval. He also said his office hasn't received 1 rfe in last 2000 cases and seems to think most of these rfe's within the last 8 months are being issued to people that filed the petition themselves. USCIS were sent a new set of guidelines 8 months ago and they been going by those, so prior to 8 months ago things would have been approved faster than what the current rate is now due to the change in how things are approved. Which bothers me because if someone sends in the correct information, evidence and meets ALL the requirements of the I-129F petition for K1 then should be approved no matter what the new guidelines say. If one meets the requirements then by all means approve them if the both background checks are in order. 

I will not vote for this administration next time around.

The Trump Administration - Making Approvals Great Again.... NOT!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
3 minutes ago, EmEhL said:

Lets just be on the positive side cos negativity attracts negative vibes. Who knows? Our NOA2 might be on its way to our mailboxes! 😊🙏🏻 Lets hope for the best! Its coming! 😇

I would really love some good news! My natural state is pessimism, as that way I won't be as disappointed... :wacko: It is very encouraging how quickly they're moving, so let's just keep hanging on. We've all been doing that for almost six months now! 

Timeline
7 minutes ago, deepakchani said:

The Trump Administration - Making Approvals Great Again.... NOT!!!

exactly my feelings

August 28 2017 - Returned to USA/NOA1 was in the mail waiting for me delivered on August 14th according to my brother who collected my mail

December 12 2018 - Email from embassy Administrative processing completed request to send passport, new 221g , new medical

January 15 2019 - POE - Dallas Ft Worth - Arrived Mobile Al airport - now home with me.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Shav said:

So how come August 11 2017 got an approval first as we are the july ones 😫🤔🤔🤔

actually august 14th approvals already. your time will come as will mine (aug 7th)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Ahaan !

thanks

good luck

so they are picking the cases randomly not according to the months filed.

we have filed our case in july since no updates just got an rfe on January 30 2018. Soo confused 🤷🏻‍♀️ now !!!wth!!!

Edited by Shav

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Shav said:

Ahaan !

thanks

good luck

so they are picking the cases randomly not according to the months filed.

we have filed our case in july since no updates just got an rfe on January 30 2018. Soo confused 🤷🏻‍♀️ now !!!wth!!!

Sorry to hear that.  It is a waiting game.  That is all you can do.  Just send whatever it was they wanted for the RFE and they will probably update it to approved on the same day they receive it.  That could even be today.  Try not to worry.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

My fiancé says it has been warm in Egypt.  The temperatures go up and down.  For the most part, I don't think he will like our winters.  He lived in Romania when he was a kid, but when we are kids, snow and ice seem great.  Not when you have to drive in them to get to work or shovel them.  Of course, I wish he was here, but at the same time, I think it is a blessing that he isn't right now.  Winter is just plain miserable.  It is certainly no fun to look for a new apartment or to move.  I remember winter in Egypt.  I was wearing a t-shirt and my host family was telling me I needed a coat or I would get sick.  I was laughing because it was like 70 degrees and back home that day it was 20 degrees.  I would like my baby to get settled in here and be in a routine before he has to suffer through this cold.  The Arabic word for winter is "shitta"  I think that is the most accurate name ever!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Swissmiss82 said:

call me crazy but ehhhh - how long have u been on this forum?

since monthhhhhhs if not ages, there are some awesome people like @Naes that run a script that was made previously from another VJ member.

every month we had one guru that did run these numbers to update this forum...

so not sure why she has to explain in so much detail, as she's running the scan and not anyone else?

if there is a volunteer of the month of august, i'm sure she'll hand over as she's a sept filer and does all other kinds of calculations and things....

as this is all non personal information with these wac's she's running, there shouldn't be some comments like that.

what i find a bit disappointing, is you questioning her this way, when you (and i'm sure everybody else is already) should be thankful for someone like her running this for us. it is not only time consuming, but she dedicates a loooot of freetime in this stuff to please us and give us some comfort with these scans.

sorry to vent - but i found your message pretty disrespectful and i don't think @Naes should be questioned as she's been on this forum for about 150 days running scans and helping out, researching, giving answers and all that!

Who cares about how long I have been posting on this forum? I am here trying to help the community.  I think its ridiculous that everyone has to come to this forum waiting for 1 person to run a scan. While I do appreciate @Naes running the scans, this is a process that can be completely automated and posted to a website for anyone to view without human intervention. I was looking for a program I could start with and improve. Since @Naes doesn't want to give up the script, I have created my own. I am not trying to disrespect @Naes , I am simply trying to make it easier for people to see what dates are being processed. I honestly thought @Naes would be happy that he/she wouldn't have to run these things every day, but whatever. 

I already have the script done that does the scan. I am currently in the process of creating the website with cool graphs and stats on the cases. 

By the way, all of my code will be published to GitHub after I get this application running. Anyone will be able to download it and run their own scan.... Because sharing is caring (L)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.