4,721 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
2 hours ago, TexasGuy0101 said:

The Church shooting was a tragedy, but usually when I have talked to someone from over seas, when they find out that I am from Texas, there first impressions are that we all ware cowboy hats and boots, ride horses and shoot guns all day long.

Some times I like to let them keep thinking that. ;) 

LoL... Living in Florida for a few years opened my eyes to how the rest of the world thinks about Texans.

For all the new comers to the US, it is your legal right to own a firearm for hunting and personal defense. I am just interested in when my fiancé and I can take the CHL class.

I agree.  That is what a lot of people think.  Also, while many Americans are "down" with the guy chasing him and shooting at him, I think people from other countries may feel that private citizens should not have guns, that should be left to the police, and the guy we see as a hero should be tried in court too.  When he said that, I was surprised because I didn't even think of it that way.  It doesn't matter who is right or wrong because this forum is not about political issues and who is right or wrong.  It is just going to be kind of fun as things unfold and we see the points of divergence of how we think and how our fiancés think and the cultural differences they represent.  I am looking forward to learning more about myself by seeing myself and my country through someone else's eyes.  I like to always have an open mind and hear how other people think.  Life is a journey and I don't ever think I know it all or that I am right!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline
1 hour ago, MandW said:

another day....no nao2

mail came, nothing. so depressing. so stressful. don't know how much longer I can take this.

Have you tried signing up for informed delivery on the usps website? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline
51 minutes ago, streanor said:

Every case is different... some cases get updated online first and then get letter, some never get updated online and the letter arrives.

do you think we'll get to see those NOA2 in 3 weeks hopefully? or is that too soon?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Jesus said:

do you think we'll get to see those NOA2 in 3 weeks hopefully? or is that too soon?

No one can guarantee that.  But, there is a good chance.  You can be cautiously optimistic.  And, if it doesn't happen, just know that it isn't you personally and that it happens to lots of people.  They will get to you eventually.  It will be soon enough.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline
19 minutes ago, noraliz73 said:

I agree.  That is what a lot of people think.  Also, while many Americans are "down" with the guy chasing him and shooting at him, I think people from other countries may feel that private citizens should not have guns, that should be left to the police, and the guy we see as a hero should be tried in court too.  When he said that, I was surprised because I didn't even think of it that way.  It doesn't matter who is right or wrong because this forum is not about political issues and who is right or wrong.  It is just going to be kind of fun as things unfold and we see the points of divergence of how we think and how our fiancés think and the cultural differences they represent.  I am looking forward to learning more about myself by seeing myself and my country through someone else's eyes.  I like to always have an open mind and hear how other people think.  Life is a journey and I don't ever think I know it all or that I am right!

You are correct that this is not a political thread, and if some people have issues with guns. We can start a new thread or we can get together for a beer and nachos and have a nice debate about it. :)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Jesus said:

Every case will be different. Yes 3 weeks is possible. Be hopeful but please be open to different possibilities! 

Take July for example, they spent 1 month going through the month from the 1st to 31st but did not touch all cases, they are now moving back through the month and approving more July cases. Many of us here will see cases with NOA1 dates after our own being approved before us, so just be prepared for that scenario.

Sit tight, approvals are coming! The next month will see lots of approvals for us Augustines. Try to be as patient as you can :)

event.png

Timeline
7 minutes ago, streanor said:

Take July for example, they spent 1 month going through the month from the 1st to 31st but did not touch all cases, they are now moving back through the month and approving more July cases. Many of us here will see cases with NOA1 dates after our own being approved before us, so just be prepared for that scenario.

Any guess on why they are working on the petitions in this way????

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Joselio said:

Outside of "that's just the way USCIS works" - it's also likely because it brings the average wait time down. That's just my theory, though

Filed K1:             08.03.2017
I-129F NOA1:     08.09.2017
I-129F NOA2:     03.01.2018 

NVC Received:   03.15.2018

NVC Case ##:    03.22.2018

NVC Left:            03.23.2018

Case Ready:       03.27.2018

Packet 3:             04.09.2018 **We sent our Packet 3 information once a week before we received anything from the consulate**

Packet 4:             04.10.2018

Medical:              04.24.2018

Interview:           06.06.2018

POE:                    06.22.2018 

Timeline
1 hour ago, MandW said:

another day....no nao2

mail came, nothing. so depressing. so stressful. don't know how much longer I can take this.

It's hard, I feel we are stuck in the slowest part of the process, I feel I can't make any plans.... I hope all of us can receive our NOA2 soon....

I read someone in July group that got the NVC # about 10 days after receive the NOA2, so WOW, that is fast... but we are still "stuck in the mud"....

Edited by Joselio

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline
7 hours ago, Kristi&Luigi said:

My account got locked out because I used the wrong browser and my password wasn't saved. I didn't remember it. I called them to ask how to reset it and transferred to tier 2 who transferred me to some "elis" account recovery? I'm not sure if that's how it's spelled but they said it's about another form and they don't have i-129f accounts. How can i get my account unlocked? since USCIS was no help... 

There is a Forgot Password or Forgot Username button on the login page of the egov.uscis page. Don't need to call, you can reset it yourself.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline
1 hour ago, Dee&Claudy said:

Have you tried signing up for informed delivery on the usps website? 

yes twice, however since I moved here last march the usps tried to confirm my identity with questions that dont pertain to me and I marked "none of the above" on all of them and asked me to print out a bar code and take to the post office, post office worker said "w t f is this?" I said your usps asked me to print out and bring to post office to confirm my identity and he looked at me as if I were from another planet. so he then looked into it and said I need to go to a post office with a kiosk and that is over an hour away. so no informed delivery. I think sat morning I will do that.

Edited by MandW

August 4 2017 - I-129F Sent to USCIS

August 7 2017 I-129F Delivered

August 9 2017 NOA1 Sent out

August 14 2017 - Received email from Lawyer NOA1 received

August 28 2017 - Returned to USA/NOA1 was in the mail waiting for me delivered on August 14th according to my brother who collected my mail

September 7 2017 - 1 month into waiting for NOA2

October 7 2017 - 2 months into waiting for NOA2

November 7th 2017 - 3 months into waiting for NOA2

December 7th 2017 - 4 months into waiting for NOA2

January 7th 2018 - 5 months into waiting for NOA2

February 7th 2018 - 6 months into waiting for NOA2

February 17th 2018 - NOA2 - APPROVED!! noa1-noa2 194 days

February 20 2108 - NOA2 Mailed

February 24 2018 - NOA2 Received

March 5th 2018 - NVC Received Case

March 7th 2018 - NVC Case number received.

March 7th 2018 - DS-160 Submitted online

March 17th 2018 - Case sent to embassy

March 18th 2018 - Case Arrived embassy NVC says "Ready"

March 23 2018 - Medical exam completed

April 30 2018 - Interview - 221g - Administrative processing

December 12 2018 - Email from embassy Administrative processing completed request to send passport, new 221g , new medical

December 24 2018 - New medical exam

January 9 2019 - Medical ready for pickup, sent passport to embassy

January 10 2019 - Passport received by embassy.....case update as well

January 11 2019 - CEAC page shows visa status ISSUED!

January 14 2019 - Visa received.

January 15 2019 - POE - Dallas Ft Worth - Arrived Mobile Al airport - now home with me.

1 hour ago, Joselio said:

Approximately a quarter of June filers are still waiting, too.  Some estimate that there are still 60 May filers waiting.  There are 4 of them here.  July and August seem to be going smoother than May and June.  It is so bizarre.

Edited by John & Rose

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Funny how the first 5 months kinda flew by, and these final 5-ish weeks seem to take forever to pass... 😜

Honestly silently getting a little bit more antsy each day... I’m an August 15 filer whose wedding date is set for the end of July (I know, I know).

Also, we are likely to get an RFE (oh how I wish I’d found these boards sooner!), which makes everything a bit more challenging... I feel like I’m living in an action/thriller movie! Lol

Jokes aside, we are hopeful everything will work out just fine. We have been trying our best to keep optimistic.

“This too shall pass.” Amor omnia vincit (love conquers all)!

08/15/2017 -  I-129F NOA1 

02/22/2018 - NOA2 (online)

02/26/2018 - NOA2

03/20/2018 - NVC received, RDJ assigned 

05/24/2018 - Medical

05/29/2018 - Interview (rescheduled by Consulate for 06/06)

06/06/2018  - Interview

06/15/2018 - Visa in hand

07/21/2018 - POE

07/26/2018 - Wedding day

08/23/2018 - Mailed AOS packet (I-130, I-485, I-765)

08/24/2018 - Package received

08/25/2018 - NOA1 for I-130, I-485, I-765

09/07/2018 - Received hard copy of NOA1

10/23/2018 - Biometrics letter notice for I-485 & I-765 & I-131 

11/09/2018 - Biometrics Appointment Done

11/15/2018 - Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview

01/29/2019 - Request for Initial Evidence  EAD/AP

xx/xx/2019 - EAD/AP Approved

XX/XX/201X - Card in Production

XX/XX/201X - Received Approval Notice in the Mail

XX/XX//201X - Card Mailed (Priority Mail) to Me

XX/XX/201X - Card Received

XX/XX/201X - Interview Date XX/XX

XX/XX/201X - Interview

XX/XX/201X - Received hard copy for GC

XX/XX/201X - USCIS Mobile Status changed to "Card was mailed to me"

XX/XX/201X - Permanent Resident/Green Card received 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline
5 hours ago, MattyUKtoUS said:

I wonder if I am the only person who is more worried about what he will do for 4 to 6 months during AOS than I am about waiting for the NOA2 – Not financial really, Just that I am a busy kind of person and I hate sitting about.

But still, I hope for some news this month :) 

Yea, me XD

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.