4,721 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Swissmiss82 said:

Yep, with the ESTA as a returning one, it took 2 sentences (and no lines yaaaay)!!!!

Yaaaay 5 weeks with my Mister (let the wedding planning begin hahahaha)

dear Augustines, stay positive, i am crossing fingers for u (trying to figure out timezone when to cross them for u hahaha still a bit confused)

Why are you even here now 😂😂

Just now, Naes said:

Why are you even here now 😂😂

Hello jetlag (since 3.20 amm) hahaha

N-400: 12/05/2023 (confirmed fingerprints are re-used)

Interview scheduled for: 05/09/2024

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Swissmiss82 said:

Hello jetlag (since 3.20 amm) hahaha

Ouch girl sleep... and enjoy your day tomorrow for all of us! 

26 minutes ago, Naes said:

Ouch girl sleep... and enjoy your day tomorrow for all of us! 

haha trust me i was trying for 2 hours now, but moved to the livingroom and watching some shows lol 

can uscis just start working and make me happy? lol

N-400: 12/05/2023 (confirmed fingerprints are re-used)

Interview scheduled for: 05/09/2024

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline
18 minutes ago, Swissmiss82 said:

haha trust me i was trying for 2 hours now, but moved to the livingroom and watching some shows lol 

You know... when I get back to my love I'll be still awake too at 3 in the morning, but I sure as hell won't be watching tv. :jest::jest::jest:

06.01.2016 met online                                                                    

06.23.2017 met in person                                                              

12.16.2017 got engaged

K1 fiance visa

12.20.2017 K1 filed

12.22.2017 NOA-1

07.10.2018 NOA-2 (200 days)

07.18.2018 case at NVC (case number available on 07.20)

7.26.2018 case at Amsterdam Consulate

7.27-2018 P3 through e-mail

08.02.2018 medical

08.14.2018 interview APPROVED 

08.21.2018 POE

08.25.2018 💕Married 💕

AOS adjustment of status and AP/EAD 

08.27.2018 filed AOS, AP and EAD

08.30.2018 NOA-1 on all 3

9.21.2018 RFE on AOS

9.28.2018 replied to RFE

10.04.2018 biometrics appointment Louisville

11.29.2018 AOS interview Indianapolis  

01.28.2019 AOS approved

ROC removal of conditions

12.7.2020 filed ROC 

1.30.2021 NOA-1

5.28.2021 existing biometrics applied (no new biometrics done)

10.27.2021 ROC approved (no interview)

Check your case status: https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov

Call USCIS: 800-375-5283 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
5 hours ago, L and E said:

Im an October filer but my fiancé is from Colombia! We met in Medellin.. So I automatically gravitate towards my fellow Colombia filers... I've been stressing about a similar situation.. except that due to certain work restrictions (punishment) over the last year I have not been able to travel internationally. As you mentioned, it is difficult and costly to get a travel visa from CO to US so my fiancé is stuck there while I'm stuck here.... So not to mention the fact I haven't physically seen him in a year, I am worried that the CO at the embassy won't understand or believe my situation and think that because I haven't visited him in a year our relationship must not be real... considering you live together, I don't think it will be difficult to prove a "bonafide relationship". I don't think they care who goes where as long as you see each other and/or can prove a real/ongoing relationship. Best of luck to you! I wouldn't stress... I'll be following your journey :)

Oh no! I'm sorry to hear about this punishment of yours. It's very difficult being away from each other for so long. Do you have any paperwork outlining the punishment from your work? I think that would really help. And I think as long as you can prove that you have met within the last two years you should be okay (right visa journey gurus?). 

Wishing you the best of luck! Hopefully I will have some good news for you soon and some tips for the interview! 👍

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline
11 hours ago, Naes said:

But they can cancel an existing visa which eventually causes hardships on obtaining another one 

(again just to clear for everyone else this has not any connection with k1 or any other immigration intent visa-unless this denial occurs for drug possession or something similar)

exactly what I was trying to say, thanks for putting it in better words. 

August 4 2017 - I-129F Sent to USCIS

August 7 2017 I-129F Delivered

August 9 2017 NOA1 Sent out

August 14 2017 - Received email from Lawyer NOA1 received

August 28 2017 - Returned to USA/NOA1 was in the mail waiting for me delivered on August 14th according to my brother who collected my mail

September 7 2017 - 1 month into waiting for NOA2

October 7 2017 - 2 months into waiting for NOA2

November 7th 2017 - 3 months into waiting for NOA2

December 7th 2017 - 4 months into waiting for NOA2

January 7th 2018 - 5 months into waiting for NOA2

February 7th 2018 - 6 months into waiting for NOA2

February 17th 2018 - NOA2 - APPROVED!! noa1-noa2 194 days

February 20 2108 - NOA2 Mailed

February 24 2018 - NOA2 Received

March 5th 2018 - NVC Received Case

March 7th 2018 - NVC Case number received.

March 7th 2018 - DS-160 Submitted online

March 17th 2018 - Case sent to embassy

March 18th 2018 - Case Arrived embassy NVC says "Ready"

March 23 2018 - Medical exam completed

April 30 2018 - Interview - 221g - Administrative processing

December 12 2018 - Email from embassy Administrative processing completed request to send passport, new 221g , new medical

December 24 2018 - New medical exam

January 9 2019 - Medical ready for pickup, sent passport to embassy

January 10 2019 - Passport received by embassy.....case update as well

January 11 2019 - CEAC page shows visa status ISSUED!

January 14 2019 - Visa received.

January 15 2019 - POE - Dallas Ft Worth - Arrived Mobile Al airport - now home with me.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
22 hours ago, Selma123 said:

Long time lurker and August 2 here. Good luck to everyone!

I am presently visiting in the US, and I want to say I know the move will not be easy. There has been so much focus on the LDR and just getting through the process, it's easy to forget that this is really when it all starts. I honestly do not love it in the US, I have never wanted to live anywhere but in Europe. (No offense, all Americans. I do see many good things, it has just not been my goal to live here.) There is no doubt that I will be homesick a lot, and miss my family. I feel that the only way to find out is to give it a try - it works or it doesn't. We are both thinking we will keep the ties to Europe strong. I hope that your soon to be husband can get over that feeling, Noraliz, of taking a step down in life, career wise. I understand his fear of this. Life goes up and down though, and he may lose some in that aspect, but then he gains love. Can you agree to spend as much time as possible in his country? I know it may be difficult. 

Apparently, it is a normal thing to be less content with your marriage after the first year, and I can imagine this will be even more obvious for some of us, when the intensity of the process settles down. Just good to be aware, I suppose.

This said, I love my fiancé sooo much, and am very, very excited about getting married and starting a life together!

Also want to say THANK YOU to Naes, you do an amazing job. 

There's been a few discussions on this thread that I've been interested to read, as in many ways I also feel the same. I read so many other gushy, romantic stories about being with their loved one, yet I'm pragmatically thinking "but what about the reality of it all?". It's terrifying to think about in some ways, especially the major moving part and losing all your life's regular structure. I'm particularly disappointed to move to the US under this particular administration, who are making things so unpleasant and tumultuous. I've had to defend people ask me, "why do you want to move to America now?". I need to do this because I love my fiance, and I want us to be able to make a life together. It's just unfortunate that we live in separate countries, and because of that some form of sacrifice is inevitable. We've also agreed that we take it step by step and give it a try! There's not a chance I would give up the love of my life because I'm too scared to try. 

My fiance has been lovely to me through my fears, and goes out of his way to find my home comforts for me. He's researched all sorts of breads, Robinson's squash availability, biscuits, peanut butter (America doesn't do Sun Pat!), and now we're onto the best margarine equivalents. That's been a big help to me, so I can still maintain some sense of normality with the foods that I enjoy whilst trying out all the new brands. I'm fortunate to be moving to LA which means that availability of products (especially British) is perhaps broader than some other parts of the US. That being said, there's still the internet and plenty of ways to import that little things to help us settle in. 

We're all going to have our individual experiences on here and some of us may have it easier than others. My fiance and I tell each other that long distance relationships are the hardest to maintain, so doing that plus this all this visa stress confirms how much we want to be together.

6 minutes ago, Naes said:

Hey Augustines :) 

There was only 1 withdrawal today.

As far as I know how July was, I believe this was an RFE day for them as well, which means we may actually see our first silent noa2s in the mail next week!

I'm hoping to see more activity this week and it's only been two days!

So spirits up! I'll try to wake up really early again so I can put some scans up midday! ;)

(I'm trying to find a way to do it when I'm at work.........don't know how yet....)

08/25/17 02/06/18 Your Current Status: Withdrawal Acknowledgement Notice Was Sent

Hey girl! In behalf of team Augustine, we thank you for all you do. As I'm always reminding you, please sleep whenever you can. We need you to be healthy for September filers, too. :wub:

Packet Sent: August 23, 2017 

NOA1 Received Date: August 25, 2017 

NOA1 Notice Date: August 29, 2017

NOA2: March 1, 2018 (by calling Tier 2)

NOA 2 Notice Date: March 2, 2018 (according to the new USCIS website)

NOA2 Hard Copy: March 6, 2018 

NVC Received: March 16, 2018

NVC Case Number Assigned: March 23, 2018

In Transit: March 23, 2018

Status "Ready": March 27, 2018

Case Last Updated: April 2, 2018

Packet 3 Received: May 9, 2018

Interview: June 7, 2018

CEAC Status ISSUED: June 12, 2018

VOH: June 18, 2018

POE: July 5, 2018

Timeline
9 minutes ago, CaptainAmerica said:

I'm particularly disappointed to move to the US under this particular administration, who are making things so unpleasant and tumultuous.

To put it bluntly ....if your so disappointed then don't come here, this is America the home of the brave and the land of the free and the country that protects yours. and "making things so unpleasant and tumultuous"?? , the stock market has broken records since this administration has been in, tax breaks have been implemented to help the lower and middle class that need it, and the economy has boomed! and the unemployment rate has dropped to its lowest since 1945 and speaking of 1945 if it wasn't for this "disappointed country that will make you feel unpleasant" you would be speaking German right now. 

I've been around the world and seen "unpleasant" I've lived in China for 3 years and seen "unpleasant" and every time my plane lands on USA soil I'm so thankful I live in a country that protects my freedom and yours.

August 28 2017 - Returned to USA/NOA1 was in the mail waiting for me delivered on August 14th according to my brother who collected my mail

December 12 2018 - Email from embassy Administrative processing completed request to send passport, new 221g , new medical

January 15 2019 - POE - Dallas Ft Worth - Arrived Mobile Al airport - now home with me.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
20 minutes ago, Naes said:

Hey Augustines :) 

There was only 1 withdrawal today.

As far as I know how July was; and I believe this was an RFE day for them as well, which means we may actually see our first silent noa2s in the mail next week!

I'm hoping to see more activity this week and it's only been two days!

So spirits up! I'll try to wake up really early again so I can put some scans up midday! ;)

(I'm trying to find a way to do it when I'm at work.........don't know how yet....)

08/25/17 02/06/18 Your Current Status: Withdrawal Acknowledgement Notice Was Sent

Was kinda sad yesterday. Checking my phone for updates every hour since it’s for aug 2. But yes, spirits high. I wish i can see a letter next week. 

Timeline

To add, I didn't care for either candidate but we got what we got and yet its USA, people voted and that's the freedom to choose and honestly my business has grown in the last 7 months that I have to think about hiring help now. I will say this to the credit of the current administration the economy is booming for sure.

I checked the uscis status page every hour yesterday and last night. I'm just going to wait for the letter. drove me nuts yesterday lol

Timeline
6 minutes ago, KAF said:

Was kinda sad yesterday. Checking my phone for updates every hour since it’s for aug 2. But yes, spirits high. I wish i can see a letter next week. 

I always check what happened in other months before getting upset. If July doesn't show a bunch of approvals, I know even if I look at June or August I won't see a bunch of approvals (this is because I know that day would mean they won't be updating that day)

However, also as I said before, most of these early cases will once be jumped over. So always give yourself a month range.. Getting sad at this stage is pointless, and unnecessary. At least it is unnecessary yet. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Norway
Timeline
34 minutes ago, CaptainAmerica said:

I read so many other gushy, romantic stories about being with their loved one, yet I'm pragmatically thinking "but what about the reality of it all?". It's terrifying to think about in some ways, especially the major moving part and losing all your life's regular structure. I'm particularly disappointed to move to the US under this particular administration, who are making things so unpleasant and tumultuous. I've had to defend people ask me, "why do you want to move to America now?". I need to do this because I love my fiance, and I want us to be able to make a life together. It's just unfortunate that we live in separate countries, and because of that some form of sacrifice is inevitable

I've been thinking about this a lot as well! I'm Norwegian but lived in London for five years where I met my fiance. I definitely had to defend my decision to move to LA under this administration a ton in London, but I'm now back home in Norway, and people are making me feel all kinds of bad, like I'm not standing up for things I believe in or something. It's a little excessive. I'm moving to LA as well, and I'm so nervous about not knowing the city (God it's sooo different from London) and not having anything familiar except for my fiance. Most of the time I try to think of what we're going through as a romantic story, but honestly I can't help but be a little scared sometimes. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.