4,721 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Thelucybelle said:

Ok so its 8:20pm and I'm completely exhausted (Seriously working with small children all day is a killer) but I want to stay up to see what @Naes scan may bring.  So do I stay up for another couple of hours or do I fall asleep and then wake up and dive for my phone sometime after 2am to check and risk not being able to go back to sleep because the update will be so exciting?? Decisions, decisions!!

I work with “children” all day at what feels like day care for grown-ups sometimes.  I understand how trying this is when you are exhausted.  But for real, it’s the daily challenges of my job and the camaraderie and professionalism of my co-workers that has really gotten me through.  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
11 minutes ago, MandW said:

not at all, many K1 applicants have never tried or left their home country or ever been to the states. Very common and nothing to worry about

Not an issue if they’ve Never tried to visit but I did have to send proof of us meeting in person multiple times throughout the past 2 years, so it definitely may not be required but helps if you two have met. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
5 minutes ago, noraliz73 said:

I work with “children” all day at what feels like day care for grown-ups sometimes.  I understand how trying this is when you are exhausted.  But for real, it’s the daily challenges of my job and the camaraderie and professionalism of my co-workers that has really gotten me through.  

My colleagues are brilliant too! they all love my SO and can’t wait for him to be here. He is such a good guy and they know how happy he makes me but they still don’t really get it when I try to explain the inner workings of the Uscis!! The days go pretty fast as a teacher but still not fast enough :P

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
11 minutes ago, Naes said:

Augustines;

i just want to inform how my schedule works so everyone can have their times and not wait for scans :) 

I wake up at 5 am (japan time) to start the scan for midday and try to put it here around 6:30-7. However because these hours are sometimes impossible for me to follow midday scan may not happen every day. 

But for midnight scan I will post it (unless something doesn't let me like sickness etc) everyday around 11 pm japan time. This is almost next morning for California (it is about 6-7 am cali time) 

*for personal case status please check uscis website if it doesn't show there it won't show here

You are the best!! I’m going to have sweet NOA2 receiving dreams xxx

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
20 minutes ago, MandW said:

its not false information this indeed happened to a friend I know from China, she was told she cant reapply for a any visa to usa for a period of two years. I also asked about this situation on my recent return to the states and the officer said "that is correct" so.... I'm just relaying what I know did happen.

Officers at the border does not issue the visas so therefore they have no jurisdiction on whether or not someone gets a visa. 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
2 minutes ago, britishandusa said:

Officers at the border does not issue the visas so therefore they have no jurisdiction on whether or not someone gets a visa. 

But they can cancel an existing visa which eventually causes hardships on obtaining another one 

(again just to clear for everyone else this has not any connection with k1 or any other immigration intent visa-unless this denial occurs for drug possession or something similar)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Naes said:

But they can cancel an existing visa which eventually causes hardships on obtaining another one 

(again just to clear for everyone else this has not any connection with k1 or any other immigration intent visa-unless this denial occurs for drug possession or something similar)

Oops, should have added that! But yes, I completely agree! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline

I want my fiancee to visit me, with her esta. We spoke to a lawyer as this as well. She said that with NOA1 or NOA2 they can come visit. She just needs to have a copy of the NOA1 or NOA2 or even if we are awaiting the interview phase. And it does not make sense for a person that is seeking and doing everything the right way like going through the k1 fiance visa process to stay in the U.S. It is kind of irrational , so if they ask just say the truth to visit and you are either awaiting for the process or for your interview. 

Timeline
Just now, shalyn said:

Do y'all think this up coming shut ( might happen might not happen) affect the visa approvals?

No. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
5 hours ago, D&Jmora said:

Maybe a silly question, but I'm reading about how many of you go here and there to visit your fiancés in the USA. My fiancé has never been to the states because it's expensive and difficult to get a tourist visa for Colombians and since we live together in Medellín there hasn't been reason to try to obtain one. 

Does it look suspicious if the beneficiary has never even tried to visit? Maybe those of you who have came and went have established some trust? 

I'm going crazy...thinking always worst case scenario. I know that's not good!

Im an October filer but my fiancé is from Colombia! We met in Medellin.. So I automatically gravitate towards my fellow Colombia filers... I've been stressing about a similar situation.. except that due to certain work restrictions (punishment) over the last year I have not been able to travel internationally. As you mentioned, it is difficult and costly to get a travel visa from CO to US so my fiancé is stuck there while I'm stuck here.... So not to mention the fact I haven't physically seen him in a year, I am worried that the CO at the embassy won't understand or believe my situation and think that because I haven't visited him in a year our relationship must not be real... considering you live together, I don't think it will be difficult to prove a "bonafide relationship". I don't think they care who goes where as long as you see each other and/or can prove a real/ongoing relationship. Best of luck to you! I wouldn't stress... I'll be following your journey :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

I'm going to visit my fiance (usa to au) next month for 2 weeks. It won't hurt anything if our noa2 sits in my mail box for a day or two will it? My area doesnt do registered mail so my house sitter will be getting the mail.

Timeline
10 minutes ago, LexiAnn said:

I'm going to visit my fiance (usa to au) next month for 2 weeks. It won't hurt anything if our noa2 sits in my mail box for a day or two will it? My area doesnt do registered mail so my house sitter will be getting the mail.

2 weeks no it won't hurt anything.

if it's an rfe though that will add the time in between as you. Can't answer to it right away but that won't hurt anything either other than adding that time.

9 hours ago, Naes said:

Oh by the way @Swissmiss82 just entered ( write now writing to me from baggage lain) ATL... poe 3 min she said 

Yep, with the ESTA as a returning one, it took 2 sentences (and no lines yaaaay)!!!!

Yaaaay 5 weeks with my Mister (let the wedding planning begin hahahaha)

dear Augustines, stay positive, i am crossing fingers for u (trying to figure out timezone when to cross them for u hahaha still a bit confused)

N-400: 12/05/2023 (confirmed fingerprints are re-used)

Interview scheduled for: 05/09/2024

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.