4,721 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline

And... the same for RFE'd cases.

As before, please note that ONLY updated RFE'd cases were considered, and that the purpose of this graph is just merely informative, not predictive.

5a7a4c95a45b9_WeeklyRFEs.thumb.png.6291e70e4a847272499d62af57d8cf55.png

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
10 minutes ago, Daniel P said:

I'm gonna post this here too in case you guys are interested ;).

I was curious about how a weekly approved cases graph (over the past few months) looked like, so I decided to find out.

Please, note that ONLY updated approved cases were considered, and that the purpose of this graph is just merely informative, not predictive.

5a7a4a075b0a2_WeeklyApprovals.thumb.png.48a8a9e9e0fd4fbda26d87dc4c8a158f.png

Guys we should spark just like that july going alllllll the way up!!!

chins up, popcorns ready! Now if only uscis gives me updates tonight that will be awesome! 🎉

54 minutes ago, Noemieoww said:

We will be arriving in New York City at JFK. Your message and my lawyer’s message made me feel more confident, I have prepared all the papers already. 

Hi @Noemieoww!

Totally understand your anxiety.

I was like that too before flying. I flew last month on the 5th. Just got back 2 weeks ago.

I prepared a bunch of docs: return ticket, letter from my boss certifying my employment, rental receipt etc.

I even anticipated questions from the immigration officer and have my answers ready (which is to answer them truthfully of course).

POE was a breeze. I was supposed to land in JFK as well but the airport was closed due to the snowstorm.....

So I landed in Boston instead. I'm not sure about the POE in JFK, but in Boston, anyone holding B1/B2 visa was directed to a kiosk.

I scanned the visa myself at the kiosk and I was good to go. No one attended me. No questions, nothing.

If it was a breeze for me, a person who has to apply for a visa, then all the more it shouldn't be a problem for you, whom I assume you're travelling with ESTA.

Just be friendly and genuine and you'll be fine. They'll have no reason to turn you away.

Have fun with your fiance!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
1 hour ago, MandW said:

Doesn't matter what kind or type of visa , k1 or tourist or whatever ANY visa cant be applied or processed if denied entry. A 2 year wait is implemented automatically. 

This is completely incorrect. Please don't spread false information. It may happen to YOUR friend but not all situations are the same. Being denied at the border is at the discretion of the officer and what s/he decides is completely up to them and the situation. You will have to disclose the information if anyone were to apply for a visa but it does NOT mean there is an automatic visa ban.

hello fellow August filers! (wasn't sure which name to use)

I have a question and any advice is appreciated. My fiance moved recently; he's still in the same country and everything, he just moved from one house to another. Is there anything I should do to update his address on the I-129f? Does it matter too much at this point?

thank you!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline
29 minutes ago, Daniel P said:

And... the same for RFE'd cases.

As before, please note that ONLY updated RFE'd cases were considered, and that the purpose of this graph is just merely informative, not predictive.

5a7a4c95a45b9_WeeklyRFEs.thumb.png.6291e70e4a847272499d62af57d8cf55.png

Actually this one corresponds to RFE'd cases never (or not yet) updated to another status, such as approved. Sorry if it was confusing.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Ok so its 8:20pm and I'm completely exhausted (Seriously working with small children all day is a killer) but I want to stay up to see what @Naes scan may bring.  So do I stay up for another couple of hours or do I fall asleep and then wake up and dive for my phone sometime after 2am to check and risk not being able to go back to sleep because the update will be so exciting?? Decisions, decisions!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline
5 minutes ago, ichliebeihn said:

I have a question and any advice is appreciated. My fiance moved recently; he's still in the same country and everything, he just moved from one house to another. Is there anything I should do to update his address on the I-129f? Does it matter too much at this point?

thank you!

yes you need to update with the uscis or at nvc other wise the embassy will have the old address when they send the packet.

August 4 2017 - I-129F Sent to USCIS

August 7 2017 I-129F Delivered

August 9 2017 NOA1 Sent out

August 14 2017 - Received email from Lawyer NOA1 received

August 28 2017 - Returned to USA/NOA1 was in the mail waiting for me delivered on August 14th according to my brother who collected my mail

September 7 2017 - 1 month into waiting for NOA2

October 7 2017 - 2 months into waiting for NOA2

November 7th 2017 - 3 months into waiting for NOA2

December 7th 2017 - 4 months into waiting for NOA2

January 7th 2018 - 5 months into waiting for NOA2

February 7th 2018 - 6 months into waiting for NOA2

February 17th 2018 - NOA2 - APPROVED!! noa1-noa2 194 days

February 20 2108 - NOA2 Mailed

February 24 2018 - NOA2 Received

March 5th 2018 - NVC Received Case

March 7th 2018 - NVC Case number received.

March 7th 2018 - DS-160 Submitted online

March 17th 2018 - Case sent to embassy

March 18th 2018 - Case Arrived embassy NVC says "Ready"

March 23 2018 - Medical exam completed

April 30 2018 - Interview - 221g - Administrative processing

December 12 2018 - Email from embassy Administrative processing completed request to send passport, new 221g , new medical

December 24 2018 - New medical exam

January 9 2019 - Medical ready for pickup, sent passport to embassy

January 10 2019 - Passport received by embassy.....case update as well

January 11 2019 - CEAC page shows visa status ISSUED!

January 14 2019 - Visa received.

January 15 2019 - POE - Dallas Ft Worth - Arrived Mobile Al airport - now home with me.

Timeline
8 minutes ago, ichliebeihn said:

thank you!

Don't update it now, because it is too close to adjudication. Wait for it to reach NVC and mail or inform the embassy/NVC about the address change.

also check if your embassy sends packet 3 in snail mail or email. If it is only email it may not even matter.

3 minutes ago, Thelucybelle said:

Ok so its 8:20pm and I'm completely exhausted (Seriously working with small children all day is a killer) but I want to stay up to see what @Naes scan may bring.  So do I stay up for another couple of hours or do I fall asleep and then wake up and dive for my phone sometime after 2am to check and risk not being able to go back to sleep because the update will be so exciting?? Decisions, decisions!!

Go to sleep!

midday scan didn't show anything, and the next has a good 7-8 hours (I only do midday and midnight)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Thelucybelle said:

I used to constantly check case tracker, now I won’t, because that will mean there is no more hope until tomorrow.  If I avoid checking it, maybe I will get a happy surprise when I wake up.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Maybe a silly question, but I'm reading about how many of you go here and there to visit your fiancés in the USA. My fiancé has never been to the states because it's expensive and difficult to get a tourist visa for Colombians and since we live together in Medellín there hasn't been reason to try to obtain one. 

Does it look suspicious if the beneficiary has never even tried to visit? Maybe those of you who have came and went have established some trust? 

I'm going crazy...thinking always worst case scenario. I know that's not good!

Timeline
12 minutes ago, britishandusa said:

This is completely incorrect. Please don't spread false information. 

its not false information this indeed happened to a friend I know from China, she was told she cant reapply for a any visa to usa for a period of two years. I also asked about this situation on my recent return to the states and the officer said "that is correct" so.... I'm just relaying what I know did happen.

August 28 2017 - Returned to USA/NOA1 was in the mail waiting for me delivered on August 14th according to my brother who collected my mail

December 12 2018 - Email from embassy Administrative processing completed request to send passport, new 221g , new medical

January 15 2019 - POE - Dallas Ft Worth - Arrived Mobile Al airport - now home with me.

Timeline
1 minute ago, D&Jmora said:

Does it look suspicious if the beneficiary has never even tried to visit? 

not at all, many K1 applicants have never tried or left their home country or ever been to the states. Very common and nothing to worry about

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
10 minutes ago, Naes said:

Go to sleep!

midday scan didn't show anything, and the next has a good 7-8 hours (I only do midday and midnight)

Yes Ma'am!!! climbing into my pj's as I type! :D

Edited by Thelucybelle

Timeline
3 minutes ago, D&Jmora said:

Maybe a silly question, but I'm reading about how many of you go here and there to visit your fiancés in the USA. My fiancé has never been to the states because it's expensive and difficult to get a tourist visa for Colombians and since we live together in Medellín there hasn't been reason to try to obtain one. 

Does it look suspicious if the beneficiary has never even tried to visit? Maybe those of you who have came and went have established some trust? 

I'm going crazy...thinking always worst case scenario. I know that's not good!

Some do some don't. Not every country can get visitor visa easily. No worries necessary :) 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.