4,721 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline

Some of you cant read English at all, I clearly said and others have said you COULD get denied and WHY take the chance, no one said you WILL get denied and sorry to say if you do get denied entry and they do send you back it WILL have an effect on the k1 as people that are denied are NOT allowed to apply for a visa to USA for 2 years, this I KNOW FOR A FACT! A friend of mines sister flew to usa just last year from china, got denied in Chicago and the border protection agency at the airport refused to allow her entry because her English wasn't all that great and misunderstood the questions from the officer , they denied her and put in the computer and told her can not enter the usa or apply for ANY visa to usa for 2 years from that date.

USCIS and Border protection agency have no agreements with one another, anyone entering the USA IS AT THE SOLE DESCRECTION OF THE BORDER PROTECTION AGENCY. The decision is ENTIRLY up to them, not the USCIS , NOT HOMELAND SECURITY.

August 4 2017 - I-129F Sent to USCIS

August 7 2017 I-129F Delivered

August 9 2017 NOA1 Sent out

August 14 2017 - Received email from Lawyer NOA1 received

August 28 2017 - Returned to USA/NOA1 was in the mail waiting for me delivered on August 14th according to my brother who collected my mail

September 7 2017 - 1 month into waiting for NOA2

October 7 2017 - 2 months into waiting for NOA2

November 7th 2017 - 3 months into waiting for NOA2

December 7th 2017 - 4 months into waiting for NOA2

January 7th 2018 - 5 months into waiting for NOA2

February 7th 2018 - 6 months into waiting for NOA2

February 17th 2018 - NOA2 - APPROVED!! noa1-noa2 194 days

February 20 2108 - NOA2 Mailed

February 24 2018 - NOA2 Received

March 5th 2018 - NVC Received Case

March 7th 2018 - NVC Case number received.

March 7th 2018 - DS-160 Submitted online

March 17th 2018 - Case sent to embassy

March 18th 2018 - Case Arrived embassy NVC says "Ready"

March 23 2018 - Medical exam completed

April 30 2018 - Interview - 221g - Administrative processing

December 12 2018 - Email from embassy Administrative processing completed request to send passport, new 221g , new medical

December 24 2018 - New medical exam

January 9 2019 - Medical ready for pickup, sent passport to embassy

January 10 2019 - Passport received by embassy.....case update as well

January 11 2019 - CEAC page shows visa status ISSUED!

January 14 2019 - Visa received.

January 15 2019 - POE - Dallas Ft Worth - Arrived Mobile Al airport - now home with me.

Timeline

Doesn't matter what kind or type of visa , k1 or tourist or whatever ANY visa cant be applied or processed if denied entry. A 2 year wait is implemented automatically. 

August 28 2017 - Returned to USA/NOA1 was in the mail waiting for me delivered on August 14th according to my brother who collected my mail

December 12 2018 - Email from embassy Administrative processing completed request to send passport, new 221g , new medical

January 15 2019 - POE - Dallas Ft Worth - Arrived Mobile Al airport - now home with me.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
17 minutes ago, Noemieoww said:

Thank you for your answer!! Well my lawyer advised me to be completely honest about the purpose of my visit, especially since I'm entering the country with my fiancée. And to provide my return ticket and my NoA1. Moreover, I have a long time job and an apartment here in France. 

You'll be fine. As been said be honest and don't worry :) 

Entering with my fiance  was the easiest of them all by the way! 

Timeline

dude call border protection and ask. I had a friend denied and was told cant apply for ANY visa to usa for 2 years. 

Timeline

one more time denied entey (no connection to drugs or etc illegal) has NO connection with immigration visas!

the main reason for a denial of entry for a k1 visitor is mostly immigration intend. And immigrant visa I believe explains it all.

2 minutes ago, MandW said:

dude call border protection and ask. I had a friend denied and was told cant apply for ANY visa to usa for 2 years. 

The reason for the denial is important.

what type of visa was important.

was it withdraw or stamp or what type of denial was important.

immigrant visas are different.

Timeline

Oh by the way @Swissmiss82 just entered ( write now writing to me from baggage lain) ATL... poe 3 min she said 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
24 minutes ago, Naes said:

Oh by the way @Swissmiss82 just entered ( write now writing to me from baggage lain) ATL... poe 3 min she said 

Excellent news! Entry while K1 in process too? 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Noemieoww said:

Excellent news! Entry while K1 in process too? 

Yes she is a September filer. And I just came back in January (I'm also September filer) I went in December with my fiancé by the way. 

just be honest, definitely have your return ticket and just in case have your noa1 picture on your phone or a copy of it.

which port of entry you're using?

Edited by Naes

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
1 minute ago, Naes said:

Yes she is a September filer. And I just came back in January (I'm also September filer) I went in December with my fiancé by the way. 

just be honest, definitely have your return ticket and just in case have your noa1 picture on your phone or a copy of it.

which port of entry you're using?

We will be arriving in New York City at JFK. Your message and my lawyer’s message made me feel more confident, I have prepared all the papers already. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Montenegro
Timeline

Hello Auggies! (maybe this one will stick??)

We are NOA1 8/22/17 and we got a "Date of Birth Updated" today via USCIS website & app! It was dated Feb 5 but got the update today. 

I accidentally messed up my fiancés DOB and sent a letter back in the beginning of December to have it corrected. I called about 3 weeks ago to find out if they received it (which they didn't) and the Tier 2 rep updated it for me and said I should get a letter with the updated DOB by Feb 5. Never got the letter but got the update in the app today :D. It's nothing big but definitely nice to see small steps (which I didn't expect from them at this point). I guess in hindsight, maybe she was hinting that they would start looking at August on Feb 5? Oh the excitement!

Timeline
5 minutes ago, DenisAlma said:

We are NOA1 8/22/17 and we got a "Date of Birth Updated" today via USCIS website & app! It was dated Feb 5 but got the update today. 

I accidentally messed up my fiancés DOB and sent a letter back in the beginning of December to have it corrected. I called about 3 weeks ago to find out if they received it (which they didn't) and the Tier 2 rep updated it for me and said I should get a letter with the updated DOB by Feb 5. Never got the letter but got the update in the app today :D. It's nothing big but definitely nice to see small steps (which I didn't expect from them at this point). I guess in hindsight, maybe she was hinting that they would start looking at August on Feb 5? Oh the excitement!

it means your case is most likely at someone desk. :) just a little bit more!

Edited by Naes

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Noemieoww said:

We will be arriving in New York City at JFK. Your message and my lawyer’s message made me feel more confident, I have prepared all the papers already. 

Good luck :) and again don't worry

Our last entry was like this:

the officer asked if we are married. My fiancé said I'm his fiancée and soon we will get married, and I said "hopefully"

the officer asked "why hopefully" 

i replied "uscis is taking its time this year"

we all laughed and they didnt even ask my ticket or how long im staying or anything else actually. They just asked (because I'm a Turkish citizen entering through Japan) if I'm working in japan. And that was it!

(even if and that's only an "if" you get denied entry it does not affect your process- many people did get denied before, I personally know many on the forum) 

Timeline
41 minutes ago, DenisAlma said:

wont be long now, hang in there

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline

I'm gonna post this here too in case you guys are interested ;).

I was curious about how a weekly approved cases graph (over the past few months) looked like, so I decided to find out.

Please, note that ONLY updated approved cases were considered, and that the purpose of this graph is just merely informative, not predictive.

5a7a4a075b0a2_WeeklyApprovals.thumb.png.48a8a9e9e0fd4fbda26d87dc4c8a158f.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.