4,721 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Just now, MandW said:

I overlooked the fact they are Aug filers, I would most certainly not travel anywhere outside the country at this time for any reason especially if your an August filer! playing with fire you will get burnt.

Can you provide any further info on this?

I was led to believe that there was not going be any issues regarding travel during the application process.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline

Why take the risk? they have started the august cases yesterday, so probably in 2 months or less is the interview. I can guarantee you the border protection agents working at the POE WILL indeed know you have a pending K1 and if for some reason they ask you a question and if you mess up in the response or they feel you will stay they can deny entry then its noted in your file and your K1 could go up in smoke.

I will search for the thread I'm talking about and post a link....stand by

August 4 2017 - I-129F Sent to USCIS

August 7 2017 I-129F Delivered

August 9 2017 NOA1 Sent out

August 14 2017 - Received email from Lawyer NOA1 received

August 28 2017 - Returned to USA/NOA1 was in the mail waiting for me delivered on August 14th according to my brother who collected my mail

September 7 2017 - 1 month into waiting for NOA2

October 7 2017 - 2 months into waiting for NOA2

November 7th 2017 - 3 months into waiting for NOA2

December 7th 2017 - 4 months into waiting for NOA2

January 7th 2018 - 5 months into waiting for NOA2

February 7th 2018 - 6 months into waiting for NOA2

February 17th 2018 - NOA2 - APPROVED!! noa1-noa2 194 days

February 20 2108 - NOA2 Mailed

February 24 2018 - NOA2 Received

March 5th 2018 - NVC Received Case

March 7th 2018 - NVC Case number received.

March 7th 2018 - DS-160 Submitted online

March 17th 2018 - Case sent to embassy

March 18th 2018 - Case Arrived embassy NVC says "Ready"

March 23 2018 - Medical exam completed

April 30 2018 - Interview - 221g - Administrative processing

December 12 2018 - Email from embassy Administrative processing completed request to send passport, new 221g , new medical

December 24 2018 - New medical exam

January 9 2019 - Medical ready for pickup, sent passport to embassy

January 10 2019 - Passport received by embassy.....case update as well

January 11 2019 - CEAC page shows visa status ISSUED!

January 14 2019 - Visa received.

January 15 2019 - POE - Dallas Ft Worth - Arrived Mobile Al airport - now home with me.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
5 hours ago, Tpienkowski said:

October lurker here, congrats to everyone who has been and is about to be approved !! Makes me so excited to see another month starting :) I've got just 2 questions if you don't mind

1) When it comes to your co-sponsor, they do not need to live in the same house as the beneficiary correct? My fiance and i will be living with my mom for the first few months but my father has a better job and will most likely be the cosponsor even though he won't be living with us.

2) if the co sponsor lives separately and alone, they only need to meet the income requirement for a household of 2 ?

thanks everyone, and sending positive vibes to all of you :) 

1) They do not need to be living in the same house. 

2) Co-sponsor even if they live separately or together, is only responsible for themselves+k1(2) and if any other person is a dependent on theirs in their taxes.

4 hours ago, MandW said:

yes the cosponsor has to be living at the same address from what I read on the form instructions. I could be wrong. I disagree with that it should be allowed "family exception" to that rule

There is no such rule.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline
1 minute ago, Naes said:

1) They do not need to be living in the same house. 

2) Co-sponsor even if they live separately or together, is only responsible for themselves+k1(2) and if any other person is a dependent on theirs in their taxes.

There is no such rule.

its already been noted co-sponsor can be anyone even not living in same residence 

August 4 2017 - I-129F Sent to USCIS

August 7 2017 I-129F Delivered

August 9 2017 NOA1 Sent out

August 14 2017 - Received email from Lawyer NOA1 received

August 28 2017 - Returned to USA/NOA1 was in the mail waiting for me delivered on August 14th according to my brother who collected my mail

September 7 2017 - 1 month into waiting for NOA2

October 7 2017 - 2 months into waiting for NOA2

November 7th 2017 - 3 months into waiting for NOA2

December 7th 2017 - 4 months into waiting for NOA2

January 7th 2018 - 5 months into waiting for NOA2

February 7th 2018 - 6 months into waiting for NOA2

February 17th 2018 - NOA2 - APPROVED!! noa1-noa2 194 days

February 20 2108 - NOA2 Mailed

February 24 2018 - NOA2 Received

March 5th 2018 - NVC Received Case

March 7th 2018 - NVC Case number received.

March 7th 2018 - DS-160 Submitted online

March 17th 2018 - Case sent to embassy

March 18th 2018 - Case Arrived embassy NVC says "Ready"

March 23 2018 - Medical exam completed

April 30 2018 - Interview - 221g - Administrative processing

December 12 2018 - Email from embassy Administrative processing completed request to send passport, new 221g , new medical

December 24 2018 - New medical exam

January 9 2019 - Medical ready for pickup, sent passport to embassy

January 10 2019 - Passport received by embassy.....case update as well

January 11 2019 - CEAC page shows visa status ISSUED!

January 14 2019 - Visa received.

January 15 2019 - POE - Dallas Ft Worth - Arrived Mobile Al airport - now home with me.

Timeline
4 hours ago, Jesus said:

Hi friend, i am confused about this so for the form I 134  . I can use a close friend as a cosponsor? 

Yes but, in k1 especially it makes it is not recommended, as I134 is not legally binding, they prefer a family member or relative.

But you can use it, if it is a close friend who also knows the relationship and both of you closely is preferred. 

Read around about your embassy if they are accepting a co-sponsor.

Just now, MandW said:

its already been noted co-sponsor can be anyone even not living in same residence 

Yes I realized after writing. doesn't even matter as it will be needed when some else reads. 

Timeline
8 minutes ago, MandW said:

Why take the risk? they have started the august cases yesterday, so probably in 2 months or less is the interview. I can guarantee you the border protection agents working at the POE WILL indeed know you have a pending K1 and if for some reason they ask you a question and if you mess up in the response or they feel you will stay they can deny entry then its noted in your file and your K1 could go up in smoke.

Denial at POE has no affect whatsoever to K1.

Timeline
18 minutes ago, MattyUKtoUS said:

Can you provide any further info on this?

I was led to believe that there was not going be any issues regarding travel during the application process.

There is no issues on traveling during K1. That was misinformation.

I did 3 times, and almost everyone I know did, my friend from here is just entering ATL.

If you have no reason to believe they would deny you normally, K1 won't affect it.

Especially If your country is a VMP. just be honest, and have return ticket and your ties to your country ready.

EVEN IF you get denied entry by the way, it has no affect whatsoever to K1 process. (because denial grounds on a pending K1 would be immigration intend, and that intend has no conflict with a K1)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
13 minutes ago, MandW said:

This is a bit inflammatory, and I'm not sure entirely true at all. I've travelled to the US twice on my ESTA since applying for K1 and have had no questions or troubles so far. I'm also travelling again to the US next week, and don't have any major concerns on issues. As long as you can state your reason for travelling and prove you have a flight back, there shouldn't be any extra issues. 

Timeline
41 minutes ago, Noemieoww said:

Hi everybody! 

My fiancée and I are filing the Visa K1. Our case was received on August 24th, so we are getting close to Noa2! I am planning on going to the USA for a couple months with my fiancée in February with my Waiver Visa that is valid. Have you ever travelled while pending your K1 approval or have you heard about any experiences from other filers? I get very nervous about being turned back at the border even though our lawyer said it would be no problem at all if I explained that I was visiting with my fiancée to meet her family awaiting my interview at the French American embassy in Paris. 

Thank you so much in advance, 

Have a good day/night everyone!

Enjoy your travels!

Have your return ticket, and a copy of your noa1 just in case, and your ties to your country!

Your lawyer is right (wow this is a rare thing to say here in visa journey)

1 minute ago, CaptainAmerica said:

This is a bit inflammatory, and I'm not sure entirely true at all. I've travelled to the US twice on my ESTA since applying for K1 and have had no questions or troubles so far. I'm also travelling again to the US next week, and don't have any major concerns on issues. As long as you can state your reason for travelling and prove you have a flight back, there shouldn't be any extra issues. 

There are no issue. not because of K1, not unless you're going every single weekend....So many wrong info flowing around today.

Timeline

Hi Augustines,

I woke up at 5 and put a scan but theres no movement so far. 

Which happens lately (no update mails) I didn't check the other months yet but they also seem calm, 

so either there will be no update at all, or it will be later in the day!

I will check it again at night time!

Now me go to work!

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Naes said:

Enjoy your travels!

Have your return ticket, and a copy of your noa1 just in case, and your ties to your country!

There are no issue. not because of K1, not unless you're going every single weekend....So many wrong info flowing around today.

Agreed. The only way anything could get dicey is if you start lying about why you're entering. An honest response "to see my fiance/ee for a holiday" is fine, especially if you have proof of coming home. Like you say, I always carry my flight details and NOA1 details with me just in case but on my last two entries, I wasn't even asked for anything.

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
1 minute ago, CaptainAmerica said:

Agreed. The only way anything could get dicey is if you start lying about why you're entering. An honest response "to see my fiance/ee for a holiday" is fine, especially if you have proof of coming home. Like you say, I always carry my flight details and NOA1 details with me just in case but on my last two entries, I wasn't even asked for anything.

Same here.

I was not going to lie but they did not ask. Just the usual stuff and they sent me on my way.

I am also flying out in about a month or so. I suspect by then, that info may even be making it's way to my fiancé and London, with any luck. 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, CaptainAmerica said:

The ones before k1 was always easy entries for me, but especially when you say boyfriend they ask questions... while k1 is pending is the easiest entry to Us (and I'm from Turkey, not even an easy country) I have never even asked to show my ticket, also they didn't know about my k1... I told them and it was 5 seconds....

Timeline
7 minutes ago, MattyUKtoUS said:

Same here.

I was not going to lie but they did not ask. Just the usual stuff and they sent me on my way.

I am also flying out in about a month or so. I suspect by then, that info may even be making it's way to my fiancé and London, with any luck. 

That's just it. You will be fine, it just pays to be prepared. I've only ever had one immigration officer so far give me a bit of a grilling when I mentioned seeing my boyfriend - and that was even before K1 was even an issue. 

I'm *hopeful* to see movement on our petition this month but based on the experience of others on here, I really can't bank on it. So I'm going to take this trip as planned and if we're fortunate enough to have our petition approved when I'm out there, so be it! It'll make future planning that bit easier. :) 

Edited by CaptainAmerica

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
53 minutes ago, MandW said:

14 minutes ago, Naes said:

Enjoy your travels!

Thank you for your answer!! Well my lawyer advised me to be completely honest about the purpose of my visit, especially since I'm entering the country with my fiancée. And to provide my return ticket and my NoA1. Moreover, I have a long time job and an apartment here in France. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.