4,721 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline
Just now, Naes said:

Oh yeah...do you think I would just put something like this? I even research twice before posting a case if it is expedite or not!

Wow then. I think I know you are not joking, maybe I just didn't want to believe it. Btw how you can tell if a case if expedited or not?

I'm thinking about enlisting...LOL  

I'm sure the US Military has a spot for a fat, bald 56 year old!  

Edited by John & Rose

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
4 minutes ago, ineedadisplayname said:

Wow then. I think I know you are not joking, maybe I just didn't want to believe it. Btw how you can tell if a case if expedited or not?

This time it is asked to the person, normally we checked case history.. but these random cases don't even get an update 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

I'm thinking about enlisting...LOL  

I'm sure the US Military has a spot for a fat, bald 56 year old!  

If you pick up software development/cyber security I remember reading an article about the military or maybe some other agency planning to might exempt candidates from the physical exam. 

Just now, ineedadisplayname said:

If you pick up software development/cyber security I remember reading an article about the military or maybe some other agency planning to might exempt candidates from the physical exam. 

I dont mind the physical exam.  I'm testing for Taekwondo Master.  That sounds like a cool job though.  Then I can expedite!

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline
Just now, John & Rose said:

I dont mind the physical exam.  I'm testing for Taekwondo Master.  That sounds like a cool job though.  Then I can expedite!

Wow that sounds cool. Not sure if I could do spinning kicks and stuff like that. 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
4 minutes ago, ineedadisplayname said:

I'm about to ask my fiancé to go back in... 

7 minutes ago, ineedadisplayname said:

Wow that sounds cool. Not sure if I could do spinning kicks and stuff like that. 

One advantage to being old and trained, I don't need spinning kicks to impress a demonstration crowd.  I know my strengths and weaknesses.  I've seen what I can do to marble and concrete...humans are VERY fragile. :P

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline

Who and when will post the mid day scans? USCIS started work for today two minutes ago....:P

August 4 2017 - I-129F Sent to USCIS

August 7 2017 I-129F Delivered

August 9 2017 NOA1 Sent out

August 14 2017 - Received email from Lawyer NOA1 received

August 28 2017 - Returned to USA/NOA1 was in the mail waiting for me delivered on August 14th according to my brother who collected my mail

September 7 2017 - 1 month into waiting for NOA2

October 7 2017 - 2 months into waiting for NOA2

November 7th 2017 - 3 months into waiting for NOA2

December 7th 2017 - 4 months into waiting for NOA2

January 7th 2018 - 5 months into waiting for NOA2

February 7th 2018 - 6 months into waiting for NOA2

February 17th 2018 - NOA2 - APPROVED!! noa1-noa2 194 days

February 20 2108 - NOA2 Mailed

February 24 2018 - NOA2 Received

March 5th 2018 - NVC Received Case

March 7th 2018 - NVC Case number received.

March 7th 2018 - DS-160 Submitted online

March 17th 2018 - Case sent to embassy

March 18th 2018 - Case Arrived embassy NVC says "Ready"

March 23 2018 - Medical exam completed

April 30 2018 - Interview - 221g - Administrative processing

December 12 2018 - Email from embassy Administrative processing completed request to send passport, new 221g , new medical

December 24 2018 - New medical exam

January 9 2019 - Medical ready for pickup, sent passport to embassy

January 10 2019 - Passport received by embassy.....case update as well

January 11 2019 - CEAC page shows visa status ISSUED!

January 14 2019 - Visa received.

January 15 2019 - POE - Dallas Ft Worth - Arrived Mobile Al airport - now home with me.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, Naes said:

Well now there is an October case that got approved without expedite obviously... and random novembers...

i want to throw my computer at a wall.. 😂😂😂

I was so nervous when i read this and went to check ours at the uscis app. Then my internet connection slowed down a little bit(imagine the agony for a min or two lol). For a while there i hoped it was ours...lol...but oh well...still glad aug is movin...

Now back to reality..... :)

10/10/17 : Application Sent

10/16/17 : NOA1

04/09/18 : RFE (Just needed to check No on Criminal History which we already did when we filed)

04/13/18 : RFE HARDCOPY RECEIVED

04/16/18 : RFE REPLY SENT TO CA

04/18/18 : RFE RECEIVED by USCIS

04/27/18 : NOA2  (Completely Silent NOA)

05/14/18 : NVC CASE RECEIVED

05/15/18 : NVC CASE NUMBER

05/18/18 : IN TRANSIT / EMAIL received

05/20/18 : CASE READY

06/4-5/18 : MEDICAL

06/07/18 : INTERVIEW - Approved

06/11/18 : Administrative Processing 

06/13/18 : Issued K1

06/18/18 : Issued K2 (AP 6/14)

06/21/18 : VOH

06/28/18 : CFO

07/12/18 : FLIGHT/POE

WEDDING ❤️ ❤️ ❤️

AOS

10/01/18 : Application Sent (I-1485, I-765, I-131)

10/**/18 : NOA1

10/**/18 : Biometrics Schedule

10/**/18 : Interview Schedule

10/**/18 : Approval

Timeline

Now that they are starting august and now reading this section is like waiting for the Lotto numbers to be called and looking at your ticket to see if your numbers match lol

August 28 2017 - Returned to USA/NOA1 was in the mail waiting for me delivered on August 14th according to my brother who collected my mail

December 12 2018 - Email from embassy Administrative processing completed request to send passport, new 221g , new medical

January 15 2019 - POE - Dallas Ft Worth - Arrived Mobile Al airport - now home with me.

Timeline

Seems several people in July and now august filers get noticed of approval from the USCIS case status page, so every hour I will refresh that page hoping for a "Your case has been approved" screen. :P

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
16 hours ago, Naes said:

Hello Augustines,

I posted something similar when July started, and it seems to get lost in between the lines.
As I took it on me to scan and inform you about August cases, and as a September filer I will also be doing it for September, believe me when I say your wait is my wait.

However, I have one favor to ask.

Please remember the things I'll write here.
I saw 4 months roll so far, and I was here every single day of that.
I saw how the months flow and there is only 1 thing that hurts me everytime.
it is that, people easily say that "why are they doing cases after me?!"

Your case is ahead of someone else's is the thing to remember, in order to stay sane for yourself, to not get negative for yourself first; but also to support each other, to respect people the previous months.

I will be happy when September starts, not because it is my month; but because it shows they are trying to solve the situation for following months.
Not because it is my month, but because I know that's how they do it and it is not abandonment of August or July cases when it happens.

So that being said as my wish to you all, a few things to remember along the way:

1) They started August, this means while August will move forward, July will be the main month they will flow at least for 1-2 more weeks.
   There are people in May and June still waiting, please show support as they did to all of us till now, and ask questions about August in this August topic.

2) Your case may be jumped over.
   And it probably will be jumped over. Try not to stress over it too much. They will come back.
   USCIS does not go in an exact order. Some cases will need more time, due to background checks being different, or getting a hit that results in additional background checks, or simply just stays in another pile.
   How it usually works so far is; They will go through the month touching every single day, while at the same time approving and sending RFEs here and there. once the month finishes overall,
   they slowly move to the next date on the next month; and while doing this they will go all over your month backwards again and continue approving.

3) They do not update the system for most approvals.
   We have more approvals not updated than what it is. There is a huge possibility you will only see RFEs on some daily scans, especially for dates with no approvals online, it means Approvals will come in the mail.
   And even RFEs too. Please if it is available in your area register to USPS informed delivery (google it or check my signature).So even a day looks like it has many more virgin cases the actual situation is way better than that.

4) Anyone can use the apps to check these cases by themselves.
   We usually have 1 person doing the overall, in order to keep servers from slowing down. However, whoever checks from wherever the data is same, the info is same.

5) Check your personal case status by using USCIS website's case tracker.
   I do not provide personal status for anyone. If it does not update in USCIS, I won't know it either. And I don't have a crystal ball (although I did work as a fortune teller when I was young.. like really seriously)

6) Please stay positive, or get angry and frustrated but don't be sad.
   Sadness will only bring you and your partner more sadness. Nobody is alone here, everyone is going through similar problems, we are all waiting.

Don't forget Sad faces scares away NOA2s!! Good Luck to All!!!

3 hours ago, Naes said:

2/5 Full day

Total movement: 14

I found that 8/9 case, obviously it was 8/8

(I have no idea if it was an expedite - if it was sad that it just came in)

On another note;

When a "name was updated" shows up when no one actually asked for an update, it usually means there will be an approval on that case the next day...

I saw it happen a lot!

08/01/17 2/5/2018 Your Current Status: Date of Birth Was Updated
08/03/17 2/5/2018 Your Current Status: Name Was Updated
08/08/17 2/5/2018

Your Current Status: Case Was Approved

image.png.404c6ddadbec15c40b9d24dcc9793baa.png

Thank you Naes for the hard work and for the very precious words!!!

Congratulations for all the Augustines approved so far and best of luck for all of us at this insane journey to be with our loved ones!!!

Im truly happy and hopeful right now and just sent a text to my boy saying to him to remember that he loves me because now i can go really nuts checking for updates and talking like crazy about this hole process, next steps and all. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

October lurker here, congrats to everyone who has been and is about to be approved !! Makes me so excited to see another month starting :) I've got just 2 questions if you don't mind

1) When it comes to your co-sponsor, they do not need to live in the same house as the beneficiary correct? My fiance and i will be living with my mom for the first few months but my father has a better job and will most likely be the cosponsor even though he won't be living with us.

2) if the co sponsor lives separately and alone, they only need to meet the income requirement for a household of 2 ?

thanks everyone, and sending positive vibes to all of you :) 

Timeline

yes the cosponsor has to be living at the same address from what I read on the form instructions. I could be wrong. I disagree with that it should be allowed "family exception" to that rule

Edited by MandW

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.