4,721 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
23 minutes ago, Naes said:

2/5 Full day

Total movement: 14

I found that 8/9 case, obviously it was 8/8

(I have no idea if it was an expedite - if it was sad that it just came in)

On another note;

When a "name was updated" shows up when no one actually asked for an update, it usually means there will be an approval on that case the next day...

I saw it happen a lot!

08/01/17 2/5/2018 Your Current Status: Date of Birth Was Updated
08/03/17 2/5/2018 Your Current Status: Name Was Updated
08/08/17 2/5/2018

Your Current Status: Case Was Approved

image.png.404c6ddadbec15c40b9d24dcc9793baa.png

Wow.... 1 approved for aug 2. I saw bunch if aug 2 like me. But surprisingly i did not see aug 1s duirng mu scan. Im probably using the slow version haha. But today is the day hopefully they will touch us aug 2s. Im praying 🙏 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
Just now, KAF said:

Wow.... 1 approved for aug 2. I saw bunch if aug 2 like me. But surprisingly i did not see aug 1s duirng mu scan. Im probably using the slow version haha. But today is the day hopefully they will touch us aug 2s. Im praying 🙏 

Aug 2 was an expedite case. Sorry...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Naes said:

Aug 2 was an expedite case. Sorry...

I saw that someone who filed sept 11 was approved during my scan. Is that what you considered as aug 2 expedite case? Or they just dont go by the queue.

Timeline
Just now, KAF said:

I saw that someone who filed sept 11 was approved during my scan. Is that what you considered as aug 2 expedite case? Or they just dont go by the queue.

Yep that is 100% an expedite case.

They never go by queue, but they go by month. the month of august just started yesterday to show approvals in an orderly fashion.

From here on they will go with a date order for a while, but they are not going to approve all cases in an order. 

Long time lurker and August 2 here. Good luck to everyone!

I am presently visiting in the US, and I want to say I know the move will not be easy. There has been so much focus on the LDR and just getting through the process, it's easy to forget that this is really when it all starts. I honestly do not love it in the US, I have never wanted to live anywhere but in Europe. (No offense, all Americans. I do see many good things, it has just not been my goal to live here.) There is no doubt that I will be homesick a lot, and miss my family. I feel that the only way to find out is to give it a try - it works or it doesn't. We are both thinking we will keep the ties to Europe strong. I hope that your soon to be husband can get over that feeling, Noraliz, of taking a step down in life, career wise. I understand his fear of this. Life goes up and down though, and he may lose some in that aspect, but then he gains love. Can you agree to spend as much time as possible in his country? I know it may be difficult. 

Apparently, it is a normal thing to be less content with your marriage after the first year, and I can imagine this will be even more obvious for some of us, when the intensity of the process settles down. Just good to be aware, I suppose.

This said, I love my fiancé sooo much, and am very, very excited about getting married and starting a life together!

Also want to say THANK YOU to Naes, you do an amazing job. 

Timeline
Just now, Selma123 said:

Long time lurker and August 2 here. Good luck to everyone!

I am presently visiting in the US, and I want to say I know the move will not be easy. There has been so much focus on the LDR and just getting through the process, it's easy to forget that this is really when it all starts. I honestly do not love it in the US, I have never wanted to live anywhere but in Europe. (No offense, all Americans. I do see many good things, it has just not been my goal to live here.) There is no doubt that I will be homesick a lot, and miss my family. I feel that the only way to find out is to give it a try - it works or it doesn't. We are both thinking we will keep the ties to Europe strong. I hope that your soon to be husband can get over that feeling, Noraliz, of taking a step down in life, career wise. I understand his fear of this. Life goes up and down though, and he may lose some in that aspect, but then he gains love. Can you agree to spend as much time as possible in his country? I know it may be difficult. 

Apparently, it is a normal thing to be less content with your marriage after the first year, and I can imagine this will be even more obvious for some of us, when the intensity of the process settles down. Just good to be aware, I suppose.

This said, I love my fiancé sooo much, and am very, very excited about getting married and starting a life together!

Also want to say THANK YOU to Naes, you do an amazing job. 

Hi!

welcome to the talk :) 

could you also fill your timeline? where are you from? hehe

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline

I'm starting to see a trend with USCIS , if you look at every 7 days on that chart the received cases are higher than the other days

7th - 289

14th- 276

21st- 318

28th- 253

wonder why every 7 days its high over 200+, same went for July and June, didn't check may but wonder if this is due to only checking the lockbox once a week.

Also those of you worried about hard to adjust (especially the peeps from Europe) have it a lot easier than say someone from Vietnam or Thailand or even the Phils, people from Asian countries have it the hardest, total different culture. Europeans are more modern than say most Asian countries.

August 4 2017 - I-129F Sent to USCIS

August 7 2017 I-129F Delivered

August 9 2017 NOA1 Sent out

August 14 2017 - Received email from Lawyer NOA1 received

August 28 2017 - Returned to USA/NOA1 was in the mail waiting for me delivered on August 14th according to my brother who collected my mail

September 7 2017 - 1 month into waiting for NOA2

October 7 2017 - 2 months into waiting for NOA2

November 7th 2017 - 3 months into waiting for NOA2

December 7th 2017 - 4 months into waiting for NOA2

January 7th 2018 - 5 months into waiting for NOA2

February 7th 2018 - 6 months into waiting for NOA2

February 17th 2018 - NOA2 - APPROVED!! noa1-noa2 194 days

February 20 2108 - NOA2 Mailed

February 24 2018 - NOA2 Received

March 5th 2018 - NVC Received Case

March 7th 2018 - NVC Case number received.

March 7th 2018 - DS-160 Submitted online

March 17th 2018 - Case sent to embassy

March 18th 2018 - Case Arrived embassy NVC says "Ready"

March 23 2018 - Medical exam completed

April 30 2018 - Interview - 221g - Administrative processing

December 12 2018 - Email from embassy Administrative processing completed request to send passport, new 221g , new medical

December 24 2018 - New medical exam

January 9 2019 - Medical ready for pickup, sent passport to embassy

January 10 2019 - Passport received by embassy.....case update as well

January 11 2019 - CEAC page shows visa status ISSUED!

January 14 2019 - Visa received.

January 15 2019 - POE - Dallas Ft Worth - Arrived Mobile Al airport - now home with me.

Timeline

FYI, these expedited cases are rarely approved , I thinks its like 0.5% approval rate to get expedited. This was according to my Lawyer as I asked him about it in October and he advised against it. My dad was to marry us and in October he was diagnosed with cancer and we asked my lawyer about getting our case expedited as we wanted my dad to marry us but the lawyer advised us that it has to be an extreme circumstance with evidence to request expedited application.

Edited by MandW

August 28 2017 - Returned to USA/NOA1 was in the mail waiting for me delivered on August 14th according to my brother who collected my mail

December 12 2018 - Email from embassy Administrative processing completed request to send passport, new 221g , new medical

January 15 2019 - POE - Dallas Ft Worth - Arrived Mobile Al airport - now home with me.

Timeline
1 minute ago, MandW said:

I'm starting to see a trend with USCIS , if you look at every 7 days on that chart the received cases are higher than the other days

7th - 289

14th- 276

21st- 318

28th- 253

wonder why every 7 days its high over 200+, same went for July and June, didn't check may but wonder if this is due to only checking the lockbox once a week.

Also those of you worried about hard to adjust (especially the peeps from Europe) have it a lot easier than say someone from Vietnam or Thailand or even the Phils, people from Asian countries have it the hardest, total different culture. Europeans are more modern than say most Asian countries.

Those are Monday... Yes it is same, because it is right after the weekend.

Country unless someone's name gets a hit on the background check does not affect NOA2 times.

Just now, MandW said:

FYI, these expedited cases are rarely approved , I thinks its like 0.5% approval rate to get expedited. This was according to my Lawyer as I asked him about in October and he advised against it.

Military deployments, gets approved. 

Timeline

yes and its rare because not everyone is military and not all military personal files for 129 petition

Timeline
Just now, MandW said:

yes and its rare because not everyone is military and not all military personal files for 129 petition

Well august had 13 cases, I am not sure what you mean by rarity. Yes for civilians expedite is almost impossible for k1.

4 minutes ago, Naes said:

Hi!

welcome to the talk :) 

could you also fill your timeline? where are you from? hehe

Thank you, Naes! And I hate to say this, seeing all the work you put in, but I won't be filling it out. I'm so sorry. This is a lot of stress as it is, and I prefer to just keep a very low profile. But I´m Swedish. :) And I hope to report on a recieved approval soon!

Timeline
10 minutes ago, Naes said:

Those are Monday... Yes it is same, because it is right after the weekend.

Country unless someone's name gets a hit on the background check does not affect NOA2 times.

Military deployments, gets approved. 

Not all.

Has to prove an extreme case to get an expedited approval, example sailor gets notice he will go on a 6 month out to sea deployment ...that's not an extreme circumstance and more then likely will not get approved but say someone going to 1 year of combat duty "war" will more than likely get approved.

Edited by MandW

Timeline
3 minutes ago, MandW said:

Not all.

Has to prove an extreme case to get an expedited approval, example sailor gets notice he will go on a 6 month out to sea deployment ...that's not an extreme circumstance and more then likely will not get approved but say someone going to 1 year of combat duty "war" will more than likely get approved.

deployment for 6 months in the navy is extremely regular. There are also military here a lot, that couldn't get approved, like training etc.. It is really not that extremely rare.

And not as hard as you think when a deployment order is in.

Because it is not about war or anything, it is given as long as the person is moving, like even if it is relocation order, you can get an expedite depending on the case.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.