4,721 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline
Just now, Naes said:

Seems like it didn't btw. So no worries

Now I heard from April and June filers that it's working...

i don't know why NVC could have lied.. 

But again it's uscis and NVC so it's normal for them to not know what they're doing..

So everything is the same...?  /=   haha they scared me so much

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
Just now, Jesus said:

So everything is the same...?  /=   haha they scared me so much

It wouldn't change anything even if their tracker didn't work. The rest is same. So whichever happens no worries

(but yeah they gave me a whaaaaaatttt moment too)

Timeline
Just now, Naes said:

It wouldn't change anything even if their tracker didn't work. The rest is same. So whichever happens no worries

(but yeah they gave me a whaaaaaatttt moment too)

thank you!! what is the tracker for? 

so afer nvc receives the case, then they send it to the embassy correct? and they give you a number by the phone? this is the one we can use to e-mail the embassy?

Timeline
Just now, Jesus said:

thank you!! what is the tracker for? 

so afer nvc receives the case, then they send it to the embassy correct? and they give you a number by the phone? this is the one we can use to e-mail the embassy?

It just tracks the case for when it says at NVC, transit and ready..... and thats it and this usually ends in like a week or less!

but NVC already mails for these. It's just we are too impatient.

But K1 normally stays there so little, it really doesn't matte much.

Timeline
Just now, Naes said:

It just tracks the case for when it says at NVC, transit and ready..... and thats it and this usually ends in like a week or less!

but NVC already mails for these. It's just we are too impatient.

But K1 normally stays there so little, it really doesn't matte much.

I see , so we have to wait longer then?  but currently is still working

sorry for all the questions! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Is it normal to be suddenly afraid to go further in your relationship?  My fiancé talks about how hard it will be for him here.  I really love him.  I don’t think I could bear it if after all this time he just hated and resented me.  He says this is a “step down” in life for him because he is financially secure back home.  I’ve always loved him and I don’t want to fight or disappoint him.  Is anyone else afraid of losing the friendship part of the relationship and having your fiancé hate you if they hate it here or find you less than perfect?  The person might know you very well, but living together is something else.  

Edited by noraliz73
Typo

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Jesus said:

I see , so we have to wait longer then?  but currently is still working

sorry for all the questions! 

No no, you won't have to wait longer, you just won't be rushing to get the information, which will eventually come to you anyways.

But as I said it seemed to be working normal now so no worries.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Naes said:

I am the beneficiary, and I do have doubts (although I believe it may be harder on the man moving depending on the culture)...

I make a lot of money and can actually double my salary even from that extremely easy here, I had a life I built and I have a status. I know how to work around etc... 

America, scares me...a lot. financially especially. theres no good health system, no law regarding worker rights, they can fire you on spot, they don't have to give you any vacation etc. it all sounds ridiculous to me!

But for that I went and saw the country a few times, and where we would live etc. However as I really don't like here, it didn't affect my relationship so I cannot really give any idea about that... 

What I can say, I really hate living in Japan, and my fiancé says my character changes every time I'm back here... So I do believe place affects mode a lot. 

But I wouldn't worry about finding you "less than perfect" everyone is perfect for someone, and this person is ready to to at least trying to leave everything he knows behind. It is hard, and up till he finds a job again it will be hard..

I respect the fact this won’t be easy.  I hope I can do all I can do to make it easier.  I’m afraid to see him suffer, I guess.  That’s the issue.  But our beneficiaries must see something in us to make them willing to go through all of this!  I know it would have been easier for me to adjust to his country, but he is doing this for my kids.  I hope all the petitioners remember that this will be an adjustment even if you love one another and the person has visited. @Naes thanks for your feedback.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline
28 minutes ago, noraliz73 said:

Is it normal to be suddenly afraid to go further in your relationship?  My fiancé talks about how hard it will be for him here.  I really love him.  I don’t think I could bear it if after all this time he just hated and resented me.  He says this is a “step down” in life for him because he is financially secure back home.  I’ve always loved him and I don’t want to fight or disappoint him.  Is anyone else afraid of losing the friendship part of the relationship and having your fiancé hate you if they hate it here or find you less than perfect?  The person might know you very well, but living together is something else.  

It's a big deal to move across the world for love, of course your Fiancé will have moments of worry and it's very understandable to fear leaving security of what he's used to and heading into the unknown. I had doubts and it took my Fiancé and I a LONG 2 years to decide this was the right route for us and ultimately we finally concluded that where ever in the world we are together will be home because us being together (no matter where) is what matters most to us. Just keep believing in love and love each other! It will be important to support each other all the way. Your Fiancé will probably need extra support from you helping them adjust to your culture and find his place there. But on another point he will have to make an effort to build his own life there and not depending too much on you (but thats another conversation). Stay strong, love and support each other and it will be fine!

Edited by streanor

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline

Last night 30 minutes before heading to bed I read August has started, like I predicted last week " 2 weeks or less" based on the July data. This is extremely great news as I didn't expect August to start until Thursday or Friday so now I'm hoping to get NOA1 2 by Friday since I'm a August 7th filer which isn't a stretch since they began working august yesterday. I'm glad I decided to do my tax returns last weekend and my lawyer said I have "more than enough" to qualify for the I-134 support form. Some people say you need 3 years tax return with one of them being the most recent. IF your self employed like me then only 1 most recent tax return is needed (even stated on the 134 form) but I will get a letter from my bank with all my deposits from last year and this rear printed out showing I'm making continuous income.

I have now vacated the July thread as I was keeping an eye on the dates, last week they hit July 28th so I expected this week would start for us but didnt expect it to be so soon this week This is a great week for us Augusters :P

August 4 2017 - I-129F Sent to USCIS

August 7 2017 I-129F Delivered

August 9 2017 NOA1 Sent out

August 14 2017 - Received email from Lawyer NOA1 received

August 28 2017 - Returned to USA/NOA1 was in the mail waiting for me delivered on August 14th according to my brother who collected my mail

September 7 2017 - 1 month into waiting for NOA2

October 7 2017 - 2 months into waiting for NOA2

November 7th 2017 - 3 months into waiting for NOA2

December 7th 2017 - 4 months into waiting for NOA2

January 7th 2018 - 5 months into waiting for NOA2

February 7th 2018 - 6 months into waiting for NOA2

February 17th 2018 - NOA2 - APPROVED!! noa1-noa2 194 days

February 20 2108 - NOA2 Mailed

February 24 2018 - NOA2 Received

March 5th 2018 - NVC Received Case

March 7th 2018 - NVC Case number received.

March 7th 2018 - DS-160 Submitted online

March 17th 2018 - Case sent to embassy

March 18th 2018 - Case Arrived embassy NVC says "Ready"

March 23 2018 - Medical exam completed

April 30 2018 - Interview - 221g - Administrative processing

December 12 2018 - Email from embassy Administrative processing completed request to send passport, new 221g , new medical

December 24 2018 - New medical exam

January 9 2019 - Medical ready for pickup, sent passport to embassy

January 10 2019 - Passport received by embassy.....case update as well

January 11 2019 - CEAC page shows visa status ISSUED!

January 14 2019 - Visa received.

January 15 2019 - POE - Dallas Ft Worth - Arrived Mobile Al airport - now home with me.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Albania
Timeline

Good morning all!! Average lurker here. I'm on day 175 and enjoying every bit of our journey so far :) I love this thread and I'm thankful of all the insight everyone has. It is so helpful to see so many going through the same thing. It really helps to read everyone's responses. I'm wishing everyone the best and for fast approvals for us all. Don't forget to remember how wonderful this all is. We are writing such beautiful love stories:wub:      Good luck to you all!!!  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline

Today marks 183 for me and honestly it went pretty fast.

August 4 2017 - I-129F Sent to USCIS

August 7 2017 I-129F Delivered

August 9 2017 NOA1 Sent out

August 14 2017 - Received email from Lawyer NOA1 received

August 28 2017 - Returned to USA/NOA1 was in the mail waiting for me delivered on August 14th according to my brother who collected my mail

September 7 2017 - 1 month into waiting for NOA2

October 7 2017 - 2 months into waiting for NOA2

November 7th 2017 - 3 months into waiting for NOA2

December 7th 2017 - 4 months into waiting for NOA2

January 7th 2018 - 5 months into waiting for NOA2

February 7th 2018 - 6 months into waiting for NOA2

February 17th 2018 - NOA2 - APPROVED!! noa1-noa2 194 days

February 20 2108 - NOA2 Mailed

February 24 2018 - NOA2 Received

March 5th 2018 - NVC Received Case

March 7th 2018 - NVC Case number received.

March 7th 2018 - DS-160 Submitted online

March 17th 2018 - Case sent to embassy

March 18th 2018 - Case Arrived embassy NVC says "Ready"

March 23 2018 - Medical exam completed

April 30 2018 - Interview - 221g - Administrative processing

December 12 2018 - Email from embassy Administrative processing completed request to send passport, new 221g , new medical

December 24 2018 - New medical exam

January 9 2019 - Medical ready for pickup, sent passport to embassy

January 10 2019 - Passport received by embassy.....case update as well

January 11 2019 - CEAC page shows visa status ISSUED!

January 14 2019 - Visa received.

January 15 2019 - POE - Dallas Ft Worth - Arrived Mobile Al airport - now home with me.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
1 hour ago, noraliz73 said:

I worry about that constantly because for roughly four months he will depend on me and me alone.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.