4,721 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hi there all of you:

I have been looking at this forum and i am not sure how you guys call that USCIS number and ask for updates on my case... My fiancee and I have a priority date of August 7 2017 and nothing in the mail still. 

a) should i call for an update

b) how do some applications get processed faster? I have read hear from people after me getting an NOA2 already

8/7/2017                    NOA-1

3/1/2018                    NOA-2

3/15/2018                  NVC case received

3/22/2018                  NVC case assigned

3/23/2018                  Consulate ready

4/11/2018                  Medical

4/17/2018                  Visa Approved

4/24/2018                  Visa on hand

5/23/2018                  Point of Entry ATL

5/24/2018                  Marriage license, officiant and certificate / applied for SS#

5/31/2018                  AOS/AP/EAD

6/7/2018                    email notification of NOA-1

6/11/2018                  NOA-1 hard copies for AOS/EAD/AP

6/27/2018                  Biometrics for AOS/EAD

7/7/2018                    ready to be scheduled for interview

7/11/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (email from USCIS)

8/22/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (same email again)

9/5/2018                     We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (this is getting boring!!!)

10/3/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (this is insanity, 4th time while some got GC)

10/17/2018                After 136 days of wait in HELL, finally EAD in production

10/21/2018                Card was mailed to me, and yes it said so on a Sunday night, while Vj-ing

10/22/2018                Card was picked up by the USPS

10/24/2018                EAD in hand. F%^&& finally

12/28/2018                Interview has been scheduled. Waiting for notification with date by snail mail

15 minutes ago, MattyUKtoUS said:

Me and my partner were just approved - NOA2 186 days :D I'm ecstatic to put it lightly. 

And I am on vacation from tomorrow for a week.. WOOOWOOWOWOWOWOWO 

Congratulations 😁

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
1 minute ago, Idyllicgoddess said:

August 25 filer.. We finally got approved as of Feb 26... I couldn't stop crying..I'm so full of joy.. I was so worried I was going to get a RFE but I Didn't...Thanks to the people that keep there timeline updated and everyone that keep this group informed.Thank You Jesus

Congrats!!! How did you find out about the approval? Through the mail or online?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
8 minutes ago, ash1234 said:

Congrats!!! How did you find out about the approval? Through the mail or online?

Through email then I checked on the uscis website and it says approved also

Edited by Idyllicgoddess

4 minutes ago, Idyllicgoddess said:

August 25 filer.. We finally got approved as of Feb 26... I couldn't stop crying..I'm so full of joy.. I was so worried I was going to get a RFE but I Didn't...Thanks to the people that keep there timeline updated and everyone that keep this group informed.Thank You Jesus

YAYAY AUGUST 25 FILER!! :) CONGRATS CONGRATS CONGRATS !!!

K-1 VISA

I129F Sent: 08/23/2017

NOA 1: 08/25/2017

NOA 2: 02/27/2018

NVC Received: 03/14/2018

NVC Case #: 03/15/2018

NVC Left: 03/24/2018

Embassy Received: 03/28/2018

Medical: 05/08/2018

Interview: 05/15/2018 

Visa issued: 05/18/2018

Visa received: 05/23/2018 

AOS

POE: 06/07/2018

SSN applied: 06/12/2018

SSN received: 06/28/2018

AOS Sent: 07/27/2018

Biometrics: 08/23/2018

Interview: 10/30/2018

Approval: 10/30/2018 

NOA2: 11/05/2018

Green card Received: 11/08/2018

NO MORE USCIS UNTIL ROC!!!!!😁

3 minutes ago, ash1234 said:

Sorry I forgot to add this in my last message but how did you find out? Mail? Online? or did you call?

K-1 VISA

I129F Sent: 08/23/2017

NOA 1: 08/25/2017

NOA 2: 02/27/2018

NVC Received: 03/14/2018

NVC Case #: 03/15/2018

NVC Left: 03/24/2018

Embassy Received: 03/28/2018

Medical: 05/08/2018

Interview: 05/15/2018 

Visa issued: 05/18/2018

Visa received: 05/23/2018 

AOS

POE: 06/07/2018

SSN applied: 06/12/2018

SSN received: 06/28/2018

AOS Sent: 07/27/2018

Biometrics: 08/23/2018

Interview: 10/30/2018

Approval: 10/30/2018 

NOA2: 11/05/2018

Green card Received: 11/08/2018

NO MORE USCIS UNTIL ROC!!!!!😁

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
9 minutes ago, NICK & PAULA said:

How to talk to a live person at USCIShttps://goo.gl/54z5bZ

Thank you so much! He just called and got the same scrip read to him that we are very close to your date (NOA1 August 7th) but not quite there yet. He insisted on being transferred to Tier 2 and was told the wait is 146 minutes so he put his name down. Lets see if he gets a call back otherwise will try tomorrow at 8am sharp as suggested. 

9 minutes ago, PJN&MMR said:

1-800-375-5283

Thanks for your help!! 

6 minutes ago, Idyllicgoddess said:

WOW Congrats!! Must be an amazing feel! Gluck with the rest of the process!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 hour ago, Thelucybelle said:

200 days

feel like I have joined a new club

YASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
Welcome!!! We have been expecting you. lol :wub:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
8 minutes ago, K & R said:

Sorry I forgot to add this in my last message but how did you find out? Mail? Online? or did you call?

I received a email from USCIS saying I was approved then I went on the USCIS to confirm and it says I'm approved also

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 hour ago, Afrobeat said:

Hello guys, 

I have been lurking here for 3 weeks, given that the USCIS costumer service wasn't really helpful. It seems to me that the operators are only trained to read a long script, like cops when they take their precious time to read you your Miranda rights, before they take you to you know where😁. 

Anyway, first I'd like to extend my gratitude to all the active members. Seriously your reactions helps me battle anxiety and depression. For instance 4 days ago I called USCIS to inquire about my pending case, the operator, who was, it seems to me, very condescending, told me after all the routines questions ( how many have you called, etc...) that they are working on August 1st cases and asked me to check back after 6 weeks, since my NOA1 is dated August 8th. What a huge setback that was. Once again I sought refuge here, and once again my hope was rebooted. It works everytime. 

Yesterday I checked my mail and finally i got a response from the USCIS, an RFE (to me this is better than no response). They are requesting that i provide a traditional wedding certificate. This is because i mentioned on the application and also on some of the pictures, that we had a traditional wedding. Why on earth did I mention it knowing well that it is such a foreign concept  in the U.S ?? In my opinion that was unnecessary details. 

Just in case you are wondering about what is a traditional marriage: well, in most part of Africa, especially sub saharan, a traditional or a customary marriage is a ceremony wherein prominent members of the couple would meet, usually at the house of the girl's father, to "discuss" the prospect of joining both family by allowing the couple to get married. Briefly, it is during this ceremony that the couple officially become engaged. 

Unfortunately,  it is not formalized. And so there aren't any documentations to back it up. 

I don't know what to do. any advice will be very appreciated. 

Key Points!

*Pictures

*Traditional Marriage

*USCIS

*Sub-Saharan Africa (e.g., Nigeria)

Hello, Dear!

This is actually, the first time I read about USCIS requesting 'Letter' to confirm the 'Traditional Marriage'.

I'm a Nigerian (Beneficiary) and I understand the explanation of 'Traditional Marriage', but you made a statement of the engagement significance, which it's more like an 'Introduction'. Truth be told, when the Traditional Marriage is done in Nigeria, the bride price has been paid and the man & woman are culturally, married. 

In Nigeria, there is INTRODUCTION and TRADITIONAL MARRIAGE...

INTRODUCTION; the two families (the man with his family visiting the woman and her family) come to know their intentions, give out 'List', and set out date for 'Traditional Marriage/Paying of Bride Price'. This is the 'ENGAGEMENT' you talked about.

TRADITIONAL MARRIAGE; the man with his family visit the woman and her family, to pay her Bride Price (Marry her Traditionally). Afterwards, they are called 'Husband and Wife'.

You submitted some pics, and indicated the Traditional Marriage. Now, they (USCIS) want you to verify if you are married or not.

***You can write a letter to explain that you two aren't 'LEGALLY MARRIED'. 

Coming to Embassy Stage,  we have read some Reviews from couples that got denied due to indication of 'Traditional Marriage/Paying of Bride Price' as being 'Too married for K-1'. I think COs tend to study or learn the cultures of the country they are currently present.

Many Duos have their Traditional Marriages before the USCIS/Embassy Stages, but they don't indicate it to avoid the 'misinterpretation'.

USCIS stage might be an 'Easy Fix', but the worry will be at the 'Embassy Stage.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
On 2/24/2018 at 8:02 PM, KAF said:

Congrats to NOA2s.

meanwhile in my super freaking fcking world of misfortunes.

got the informed mail of our RFE today.

Looking forward to getting this BS done.Yet when I went to get our mail, our mail was not delivered !!!!! Im so pissed right now. I need to punch something. Uggggh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And tomorrow is Sunday. MF. :angry:

623FB008-5754-4212-B2F6-2683C9B31611.jpeg

Did you get your letter today or is it really missing? The same exact thing happened to me! So upset right now!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.