CountryBoy

Why would anyone move a post ..

145 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline
I think what she was getting at is that this site is place where people can chat with other people in similar situations about anything from A-Z, however the general theme is family immigration. There are many facets of the site that contain information in many forms that allow people to learn new things and encourage them to research and learn if they choose to.

I'm alluding to things from the past, and three little letters which caused quite a fracas here. Feel free to edit this out if you don't want the reference here. Everyone's so concerned about the newbs getting the best, most clearest, most concise information but at the end of the day this is a support board of laypeople going thru something similar, not a paid immigration helpdesk. The new people coming here shouldn't have to be spoonfed information and have it presented to them on a platter...they need to take responsibility for their own cases and do the best that THEY put forth.

Sheriff U....yer killin me, lol.

Lisa.....it's not a concern about the best, clearest, concise information. It's about the POSTS and the DISCUSSIONS being where people can find them in the easiest manner. They still have to sort through the discussions and come to their own conclusions.

To me it's no more than house cleaning. Like putting all the towels, clothes or cookware each in their separate place. Like some of the stuff in your kitchen you use everyday - some you don't - and some of it has outlived its useful purpose. But it's still all in the kitchen where you MIGHT want to find it someday.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
Lisa.....it's not a concern about the best, clearest, concise information. It's about the POSTS and the DISCUSSIONS being where people can find them in the easiest manner. They still have to sort through the discussions and come to their own conclusions.

To me it's no more than house cleaning. Like putting all the towels, clothes or cookware each in their separate place. Like some of the stuff in your kitchen you use everyday - some you don't - and some of it has outlived its useful purpose. But it's still all in the kitchen where you MIGHT want to find it someday.

I'll point out what I'm getting at next time I see it. :thumbs:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

Lets let the issue rest at this. If organization was not important there would only be one forum for the entire site. Since there is many places to post I would like to have a moderate amount of organization where possible. There is a balancing act to get it right, and we will have to work to get there.

I think what she was getting at is that this site is place where people can chat with other people in similar situations about anything from A-Z, however the general theme is family immigration. There are many facets of the site that contain information in many forms that allow people to learn new things and encourage them to research and learn if they choose to.

I'm alluding to things from the past, and three little letters which caused quite a fracas here. Feel free to edit this out if you don't want the reference here. Everyone's so concerned about the newbs getting the best, most clearest, most concise information but at the end of the day this is a support board of laypeople going thru something similar, not a paid immigration helpdesk. The new people coming here shouldn't have to be spoonfed information and have it presented to them on a platter...they need to take responsibility for their own cases and do the best that THEY put forth.

Sheriff U....yer killin me, lol.

Yes I agree that the issue this topic is about is regarding a way to help improve organization and to improve the guidelines and moving style that is a bit too much right now. To that effect I released a Draft Copy of a moving guide that no one has commented on ;).

I am an Ewok. I am here to to keep the peace. Please contact me if you have a problem with the site or a complaint regarding a violation of the Terms of Service. For the fastest response please use the 'Contact Us' page to contact me.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Excellent analogy .. kitchen, towels, dishes .. LOL

This reminds me of a story.

I left in September to go to Basic Training at Ft. Jackson, SC, AIT at Ft. Gordon, GA, then to permanent duty at Ft. Lewis, WA. When I came home on leave the following August I realized that my parents had redecorated the kitchen (new cabinets, fridge, the works) .. well after a night out with old friends (and cold beer) I came home with a serious case of the munchies (keep in mind my parents are sleeping in the next room, hmmm .. maybe 2:00 a.m.)

To make a long story short, after about 30 minutes and waking the entire household, I successfully made a balogna sandwich with tomatoes, lettuce, and mustard; my favorite at the time, for the given situation.

It took me a long time to learn where everything was in the new improved kitchen, and I really missed the way that it was before, but I did become adjusted. (I still wish everything had labels on it that night, LOL)

Thanks for the old memory rebeccajo

CB

Donnie and Sylvia

Excellent analogy .. kitchen, towels, dishes .. LOL

This reminds me of a story.

I left in September to go to Basic Training at Ft. Jackson, SC, AIT at Ft. Gordon, GA, then to permanent duty at Ft. Lewis, WA. When I came home on leave the following August I realized that my parents had redecorated the kitchen (new cabinets, fridge, the works) .. well after a night out with old friends (and cold beer) I came home with a serious case of the munchies (keep in mind my parents are sleeping in the next room, hmmm .. maybe 2:00 a.m.)

To make a long story short, after about 30 minutes and waking the entire household, I successfully made a balogna sandwich with tomatoes, lettuce, and mustard; my favorite at the time, for the given situation.

It took me a long time to learn where everything was in the new improved kitchen, and I really missed the way that it was before, but I did become adjusted. (I still wish everything had labels on it that night, LOL)

Thanks for the old memory rebeccajo

CB

But we all know what happens when there are too many cooks in the kitchen.. :whistle:

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
But we all know what happens when there are too many cooks in the kitchen.. :whistle:

Damn, you have real issues about the organizers don't you? Constant digs about them, constant critique, constant :whistle: emoticons in relation to them, etc etc

Careful, you might start to sound jealous or something. :whistle::rolleyes:

Edited by mags

Damn, you have real issues about the organizers don't you? Constant digs about them, constant critique, constant :whistle: emoticons in relation to them, etc etc

Careful, you might start to sound jealous or something. :whistle::rolleyes:

I only have issues with things being equal, fair and open. I would think (incorrectly perhaps) that in a forum pretty much dedicated to all areas around the world that people would be mindful of how things appear to its members. Maybe I'm wrong - maybe VJ isn't concerned with being fair and open to all members.

In my home, the welcome mat is meant for everyone equally, no one is more welcome than the other and any house-rules apply to everyone. And I'm concerned when a guest feels uncomfortable.

What's your position?

Edited by Karin und Otto

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

Come on ladies/guys this is silly. The moving and such is just an issue we need to refine to get right. No one should take anything personally while we are refining things... please give some time for things to settle out :).

I am an Ewok. I am here to to keep the peace. Please contact me if you have a problem with the site or a complaint regarding a violation of the Terms of Service. For the fastest response please use the 'Contact Us' page to contact me.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

maybe time for an organizer mud wrestling contest to settle this. what can we donate the money to?

:pop:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Other Country: England
Timeline

*sigh*

Sorry, Cap but I just saw this and I have to say a couple of things before I bust. Namely:

Karin and Otto: I totally don't get what you mean in your last post (a couple up) How are things not fair and equal for everyone on VJ???

I made a thread in the K1 forum, which apparently maybe I shouldn't have done...but I ONLY did it because there were SO many posts as to "why is this being moved/that being moved, etc" to hopefully shed a bit of light on it...I prefaced it by saying I am a "nobody" (meaning authoritatively, etc.) to be saying this...but was just trying to help/remind people where to post the congrats, etc...to help cut down on the moving as that is what people seem to be upset about.

I really don't understand all this hoopla. To me, it only seems reasonable to think there is going to be a period of transition in which a lot of threads...or rather, more than probably will in future, will need to be moved----basically because people aren't used to it yet. When they DO get used to it, it will cut way down. Simple.

It also seems very obvious to me why the K1 forum probably has many more posts moved than others....a lot of people on this forum file the I-129F....if they are new, that's where they start...therefore they don't have as much knowledge of the site yet and all of the forums as others who are further in the process do. Simple again.

Power trippy?? Totally don't get *that*. No idea why I (or anyone else) would have cause to go on a power trip because they have the *power* (buuuuuuuuhahahahahahaha) [/sarcasm] to move something around.....I've probably moved about 8 since this all started....guess I'm on a rampage!! (and I know you don't mean me, specifically, but thats still just as annoying as M's comment about why you're on VJ was to YOU). Lisa, I wonder if the Cap had PM'd you and said "Hey Lisa...I really need a couple of extra people to move some threads when it's abolutely necessary...nothign that would take much time...you know..just when you see one obviously out of place...would you mind helping out once in a while?" Would you have said NO! I refuse to help...sorry. Maybe you would....but I doubt it. It's really not a moderator, even though I know we'll have to agree to disagree on that one. Most moderators I've *ever* known on *any* message board have had the ability to not only move threads but to lock them, edit them, (that being most 'dangerous' and something I don't think Ewok would ever consider with the organizers...rightly so.)

As has already been mentioned no one asked for a title or designation, it just appeared one day. I'm happy to have it...be just as happy not to have it. I think most everyone else feels the same. Also happy to help, just as happy if Cap PMd and said...have too many people, don't really need you anymore if that's alright. I just don't get WHAT the big deal is here! (anymore than anyone else doesn't see what the big deal is with moving threads...I am JUST as frustrated as the rest of some of you,but for the opposite reason....I feel like.....

"Geeeeeeez."

BTW, sorry if anyone was offended by the post in the K1 forum...it was simply intended to try to HELP and make people aware. That's not a bad thing, and I will refuse to think that there was anything bad in posting it, no matter how anyone took it....but I am sorry if it annoyed anyone for some reason. Just trying to be able to cut down on the moved posts more quickly....

Oh...I'm sure there was more I wanted to say as I read through this whole post...but I forgot now.

Sheriff U.....almost did forget this...here's your .03 back. ;) M.

ManU2.jpg

10 year green card received

mid March, 2008. Done 'til Naturalization! WOOT! :)

Timeline
I really don't understand all this hoopla.

i don't either :help:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Filed: Timeline
Power trippy?? Totally don't get *that*. No idea why I (or anyone else) would have cause to go on a power trip because they have the *power* (buuuuuuuuhahahahahahaha) [/sarcasm] to move something around.....I've probably moved about 8 since this all started....guess I'm on a rampage!! (and I know you don't mean me, specifically, but thats still just as annoying as M's comment about why you're on VJ was to YOU). Lisa, I wonder if the Cap had PM'd you and said "Hey Lisa...I really need a couple of extra people to move some threads when it's abolutely necessary...nothign that would take much time...you know..just when you see one obviously out of place...would you mind helping out once in a while?" Would you have said NO! I refuse to help...sorry. Maybe you would....but I doubt it.

Yes, I've seen a bit of a power trippy attitude brewing. Not sayin who, but it's clear. And no, that's not on par with 'if you're going to disagree with things, then why are you here?' <----oversimplification of what was said, btw. But eh.

Furthermore, Michelle, why are you assuming that I *wasn't* asked? I'm not saying whether I was or wasn't, but the assumption that I wasn't consulted before everyone became 'organizers' is a bit curious. And being that I clearly don't believe in the need for organizers, why I would accept the responsibility?

I of course would love to help out with things around here...but not things that I don't believe in. Plus, there were plenty of people here chomping at the bit, so it's not like he'd run short of volunteers ;)

Timeline
Plus, there were plenty of people here chomping at the bit, so it's not like he'd run short of volunteers ;)

i'm still mulling over ewok's request for me to take over moderator duties :innocent:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Filed: Other Country: England
Timeline

Never mind Lisa... because there you go again...."there were plenty of people *chomping at the bit* to help ( I guess the wink is supposed to make it seem less like an insult)...it seems like all of a sudden anyone who is an organizer or whatever...which is so NOT a big deal like everyone is making it out to be! is some sort of LOOKIT ME, LOOKIT ME person. Well, that's just your perception...not how things really are. All I have to say about that.

You do have a point about the other though. I don't know why I assumed you weren't asked. I stand corrected on that. M.

Edited by MichelleandCraig

ManU2.jpg

10 year green card received

mid March, 2008. Done 'til Naturalization! WOOT! :)