CountryBoy

Why would anyone move a post ..

145 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline
I thought one of the purposes of the sub-forum was for exactly this... to post progress reports and congratulatory posts... A "YIPPEE VISA APPROVED" in my eyes fits that definition.... To me it was more a YIPPEE post than anything to do with a particular consulate

I guess I don't know which post was moved. If they contain consular information, yes I think they should be moved.

TECHNICALLY, I believe this new forum is for I129F approvals. Not the visa approval, which is not only an entirely different matter, but an entirely different function performed by an entirely different branch of DHS.

Edited by rebeccajo

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
I thought one of the purposes of the sub-forum was for exactly this... to post progress reports and congratulatory posts... A "YIPPEE VISA APPROVED" in my eyes fits that definition.... To me it was more a YIPPEE post than anything to do with a particular consulate

I guess I don't know which post was moved. If they contain consular information, yes I think they should be moved.

TECHNICALLY, I believe this new forum is for I129F approvals. Not the visa approval, which is not only an entirely different matter, but an entirely different function performed by an entirely different branch of DHS.

Look at the title... K-1 Fiance(e) Visa Case Filing and Progress Reports

Does not say I-129F filing and progress reports... The case isn't complete until the visa is issued...

YMMV

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Does not say I-129F filing and progress reports... The case isn't complete until the visa is issued...

You're right. IMO the subforum was added too quickly with not enough thinking it through. The title is all wrong for starters, plus many of us thought it should be an entire Yippee forum for all yippee posts, NOT just those related to the K1 or I-129F.

I think we should all just hold out until the moving guide comes out and hope that it will clear up a lot of this confusion.

You've got a point there.

You got a suggestion maybe? I mean, USCIS doesn't issue visas. Consulates do.

I think we should all just hold out until the moving guide comes out and hope that it will clear up a lot of this confusion.

I remember being TOLD (back when I was a newbie) that I had posted in the wrong place. And not in PM's either.

Has the movement of threads 'helped' anybody out there? Helped like..... to really think about the process?

Personally I don't feel any of the thread movers are on any sort of knowledge ego trip. I do think we want to help members learn to think through the process - to become more responsible for their case.

Timeline

So by merely mentioning that a visa was issued in London, Kiev or Montreal automatically sets up a thread to be moved to the Foreign Consulate forum.... Or if it is a YIPPEE our case has left NVC will require it to move to the NVC forum

I don't see anywhere where we establish a distinction that the YIPPEES are only for USCIS activity... All visas typically transit 3 different components (USCIS, NVC, Consulate) within 2 different agencies (DHS, DOS) within our government

I agree that if a thread goes deep into the idiosyncracies of how a particular consulate works then it might be better served in a different forum

YMMV

So by merely mentioning that a visa was issued in London, Kiev or Montreal automatically sets up a thread to be moved to the Foreign Consulate forum.... Or if it is a YIPPEE our case has left NVC will require it to move to the NVC forum

I don't see anywhere where we establish a distinction that the YIPPEES are only for USCIS activity... All visas typically transit 3 different components (USCIS, NVC, Consulate) within 2 different agencies (DHS, DOS) within our government

I agree that if a thread goes deep into the idiosyncracies of how a particular consulate works then it might be better served in a different forum

I think it's safe to say that some posts can fit into more than one category. That goes for almost any post, you know?

So do you think all 'Yippees' should be in one place? I'm sort of liking that idea myself. I'd like to be able to more readily see the progress of people from all stages. I think it would be more interesting and would also help us all 'see' each other better.

Timeline
I think it's safe to say that some posts can fit into more than one category. That goes for almost any post, you know?

So do you think all 'Yippees' should be in one place? I'm sort of liking that idea myself. I'd like to be able to more readily see the progress of people from all stages. I think it would be more interesting and would also help us all 'see' each other better.

I don't want to speak for CB, but I think that was the original point... If it fits in more than one forum and if one of those forums was the forum it was originally posted in, then don't move it.....

YMMV

I don't want to speak for CB, but I think that was the original point... If it fits in more than one forum and if one of those forums was the forum it was originally posted in, then don't move it.....

You didn't answer my question......................... :blush:

Timeline

Yes I did... I replied to your first question... unless of course now yo uare going to tell me it was rhetorical...

As for your second question, I think it would be fine... I also think that though the current set up might be slightly flawed it is also workable but that there is simply too much thread moving going on.... Maybe after the initially education process occurs, maybe things will settle down a bit...

YMMV

Filed: Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Yes I did... I replied to your first question... unless of course now yo uare going to tell me it was rhetorical...

As for your second question, I think it would be fine... I also think that though the current set up might be slightly flawed it is also workable but that there is simply too much thread moving going on.... Maybe after the initially education process occurs, maybe things will settle down a bit...

I agree there IS too much thread moving going on.

Most of the movement seems to be out of K-1 into whatever thread, with hardly any moved threads from K-3 or virtually NONE from CR1 or regional.

It might very well be that the K-1 forum has the most misplaced posts, but it seems to get concentrated on far more than elsewhere. Standards need to be the same across the board. Give the same attention to each forum as it seems [to me looking at the volume and distribution of moved threads] "movers/organizers" are descending in just one place "to move and organize".

Edited by tmma

Liefde is een bloem zo teer dat hij knakt bij de minste aanraking en zo sterk dat niets zijn groei in de weg staat

event.png

IK HOU VAN JOU, MARK

.png

Take a large, almost round, rotating sphere about 8000 miles in diameter, surround it with a murky, viscous atmosphere of gases mixed with water vapor, tilt its axis so it wobbles back and forth with respect to a source of heat and light, freeze it at both ends and roast it in the middle, cover most of its surface with liquid that constantly feeds vapor into the atmosphere as the sphere tosses billions of gallons up and down to the rhythmic pulling of a captive satellite and the sun. Then try to predict the conditions of that atmosphere over a small area within a 5 mile radius for a period of one to five days in advance!

---

I agree yippee threads should stay (for the most part) in the yippee subforum. If they discuss a particular consulate in detail, I understand the move, but many of them are just yay we got our visa. I know I am perfectly capable of scrolling as well, but seeing half the topics on one page being flagged also gets a bit overwhelming. I do appreciate the new subforum however!

Timeline

AOS

Mailed AOS, EAD and AP Sept 11 '07

Recieved NOA1's for all Sept 23 or 24 '07

Bio appt. Oct. 24 '07

EAD/AP approved Nov 26 '07

Got the AP Dec. 3 '07

AOS interview Feb 7th (5 days after the 1 year anniversary of our K1 NOA1!

Stuck in FBI name checks...

Got the GC July '08

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I think I've been miffed about and bitching about the seemingly increased moving for the past few days - ever since the subforum opened, and especially since the post in the main K1 forum about putting things in the right place (where I learned that anyone can move things, which strikes me as a bit too democratic to maintain order in the forums).

For my thinking: I am sort of purposefully only dipping a toe into the next steps here - I know a good overview, but the particulars I'll have questions abotu and learn more about as we move into the next phase. So I'm all I-129F all the time. Once we get outta USCIS, I'll start learning about the next agency/department more. Educated baby steps to sanity, kids. So when too much stuff gets moved, I tend to lose track of it, even when it crosses-over to this topic area.

Perhaps pure yippeees should get their own area, but the longer, massive "Jan filers" type threads should stay pinned at the top? Even just at the top of the subforum? that way maybe we have fewer of them since people don't look and then start another?

Eh. Whatever. There's no way to get through everything here. But I liked the old way better.

I-129F/K1

1-12-07 mailed to CSC

1-22-07 DHS cashes the I-129F check

1-23-07 NOA1 Notice Date

1-26-07 NOA1 arrives in the post

4-25-07 Touched!

4-26-07 Touched again!

5-3-07 NOA2!!! Two approval emails received at 11:36am

5-10-07 Arrived at NVC/5-14-07 Left NVC - London-bound!

5-17-07??? London receives?

5-20-07 Packet 3 mailed

5-26-07 Packet 3 received

5-29-07 Packet 3 returned, few days later than planned due to bank holiday weekend

6-06-07 Medical in London (called to schedule on May 29)

6-11-07 "Medical in file" at Embassy

6-14-07 Resent packet 3 to Embassy after hearing nothing about first try

6-22-07 DOS says "applicant now eligible for interview," ie: they enter p3 into their system

6-25-07 DOS says interview date is August 21

6-28-07 Help from our congressional representative gives us new interview date: July 6

7-06-07 Interview at 9:00 am at the London Embassy - Approved.

7-16-07 Visa delivered after 'security checks' completed

I-129F approved in 111 days; Interview 174 days from filing

Handy numbers:

NVC: (603) 334-0700 - press 1, 5; US State Department: (202) 663-1225 - press 1, 0

*Be afraid or be informed - the choice is yours.*

.... But I liked the old way better.

LOL.

The old way....

We didn't have ANY regional forums and no 'monthly filer' threads.

I'm not gonna wax eloquently about 'how it was better' cause I'm not sure it was. BUT I can say with a good degree of certainty - we tended to form friendships a lot more easily with people from other areas of the globe and we were more aware of challenges faced at different embassies.

Edited by rebeccajo