647 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Lucy Marrero said:

I feel very happy for all of you that received an approval or at least a letter, I am still waiting for my Fiance's approvals for I-601 and I-212 since December 27, 2016, I got involved the Congress and yesterday they told me that USCIS had responded the following :

"This email is in response to your inquiry regarding Mr. xxxxxxxxxx Form I-601, Application for Waiver of Grounds of Inadmissibility (LIN1790291447), and Form I-212, Application for Permission to Reapply for Admission into the United States After Deportation or Removal (LIN1790291446), which were filed with USCIS on December 27, 2016.

According to USCIS records, your constituent’s Form I-601 was assigned to an adjudications officer at the Nebraska Service Center (NSC) and is currently in an additional review process.  Adjudication of the application will be suspended until after the additional review is completed.  We are able to neither provide details about nor predict a completion date for the additional review.  Please note that expedite processing is not granted for additional review processes."

I did not understand what this mean really, so I called the Congress office and they simply said case is in process right now and just had to wait for  USCIS response, that at this point they could not rush anything since USCIS is already working on it..

I really hope we get an answer soon.

will keep you posted!

Hi Lucy,  I involved a Congresswoman too and USCIS replied with below email

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for your inquiry on behalf of your constituent, xxxxx, regarding Form I-212, Application for Permission to Reapply for Admission into the United States After Deportation or Removal.  The case is being actively worked on at this time.  Mr.xxxxx should expect to receive a decision within 60 days.

Next week the 60 days will be completed and I'm still not getting anything from them. So not sure what is going on, my husband date is Nov 7th 2016. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
1 hour ago, Flavia83 said:

Hi Lucy,  I involved a Congresswoman too and USCIS replied with below email

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for your inquiry on behalf of your constituent, xxxxx, regarding Form I-212, Application for Permission to Reapply for Admission into the United States After Deportation or Removal.  The case is being actively worked on at this time.  Mr.xxxxx should expect to receive a decision within 60 days.

Next week the 60 days will be completed and I'm still not getting anything from them. So not sure what is going on, my husband date is Nov 7th 2016. 

it's a long time.May I ask which code  for the I 601waivier?

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Uruguay
Timeline

@Flavia83 the way they replied to your congresswoman is different, they gave you an approximate length of time, with me they said they are working on it and cannot predict...and that they are giving an additional review...I don't know what to think any more

3 minutes ago, Lucy Marrero said:

@Flavia83 the way they replied to your congresswoman is different, they gave you an approximate length of time, with me they said they are working on it and cannot predict...and that they are giving an additional review...I don't know what to think any more

I hear you, this is so frustrating . Even they answered that to my Congresswoman I'm not quite sure if they will get back to me between  the time they gave us, next week 60 days will pass and I'm still not hearing back from them. Do you try to visit your field office and find out exactly were your fiancé case is? And maybe you can contact that office directly.

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Uruguay
Timeline

@Flavia83Well, I did try but with my local USCIS office, but they could not give me any information even though I am the petitioner of an already approved fiance petition and which waivers are in connection with such approval. They only will supply information to him directly. I have tried to obtain a direct number for the Nebraska Office which is where his cases are, but no luck .

13 minutes ago, Lucy Marrero said:

@Flavia83Well, I did try but with my local USCIS office, but they could not give me any information even though I am the petitioner of an already approved fiance petition and which waivers are in connection with such approval. They only will supply information to him directly. I have tried to obtain a direct number for the Nebraska Office which is where his cases are, but no luck .

My husband is overseas as well and in my field office they gave me the information, not sure why they don't want to give it to you. I guess every office is different . Also I've  called  sometimes  USCIS for case updates  and I merge the calls with my husband so he approve them to provide information to me, always asking  for a tier 2 officer. You should tried in case you didn't  yet , that is how I find out about my husband case, because in the system they have the case located in Lee Summit , but his case is actually in Irvine Texas.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
3 hours ago, Lucy Marrero said:

@ilovelondon He tried to enter without inspection back in 2008, was caught doing it and sent back to his country

it.s.a simple case.they shouldn.t let you wait.to long.hope you got approve soon

Filed: Other Timeline

Hi everyone,  I am happy to announce my husband finally got his 1601 and I212 approved... Case received April 3, 2017...RFE received Aug 30,2018...approved Sept 17,2018. Good luck and God bless you all! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.