647 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
2 hours ago, monique_2018 said:

Thank you. It was a very small case from 30 years ago in the Philippines in line of duty and they considered it as a crime in moral turpitude. We didn't hire a lawyer to do his waiver. We did it together.

thank you 😁

Anyone knows what to do after waiver approval? How long does it take to hear from them again on what to do after? Will i receive instructions from USCIS through mail or email? Is AOS form (Affidavit of Support) needs to be updated since expiration on the form says 11/30/2018?

Since this is his second interview what are they asking and needed? Thank you so much.

(BTW my father's waiver we didn't apply to expedite we just waited till I received his Notice of Approval)

God Bless everyone!!!

Edited by monique_2018

On 8/21/2018 at 4:17 PM, kwadwo said:

@Json and @Sicher have you guys heard from the embassy or you used the link i send to make an appointment yourself as i did please let me know thanks 

Yes my lawyer has done it and we have gotten interview date in October. However, just past Thursday the embassy called  with unknown number  and she asked me to redo my AOS, get a new police report and medical and do a new DS 260 to reschedule an interview date . When I informed my lawyer, she told me to do what the embassy has said but if I don’t get earliest date then I should keep the date I already have. 

Timeline
On 8/16/2018 at 9:29 PM, Maraga said:

Hello’s I have been following silently as well. My priority date is 8/8/2017. Got approval today 8/13/18. No expedite. #praise be to God. I wish all that are still waiting all the best. Trust in the power of the Almighty.

Wow so happy for you so they are moving a little faster then my priority is Oct  17 2017 I'm anxious to finally be with my loved ones 

Timeline
On 8/21/2018 at 10:20 AM, monique_2018 said:

Hi everyone been reading all messages here. My father just got approved. My question is what is the next step and what to do after?

I-601 Application for Waiver of Grounds of Inadmissibility

Received Date : 08/07/2017

Notice Date of Approval  : 08/15/2018

Received the actual letter of APPROVAL NOTICE in mail : 08/20/2018

Thank you.

Did your case show up online in the uscis website for some reason mine doesn't show it's keeps saying invalid 

On 8/16/2018 at 7:29 PM, Maraga said:

Hello’s I have been following silently as well. My priority date is 8/8/2017. Got approval today 8/13/18. No expedite. #praise be to God. I wish all that are still waiting all the best. Trust in the power of the Almighty.

Hi! How long did it take for them to send instructions on what to do after waiver was approved? Did you get it through email or mail?Thank you.

3 hours ago, Krizti said:

Hi I am just wondering how long does it take to get an interview date after submitting the Ds260? 

When my waiver was a approved, the CDJ consulate sent a letter to my residence in Mexico and the residence of my hubby in the U.S. with instructions to log into an account and then in that account they show you which days are available to choose from, for the biometric exam and then the interview appointment at CDJ. You have to schedule the biometric first and also schedule the medical exam. The web page was: https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-mx/iv. The closet dates I found available were 6 weeks away.

On ‎8‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 12:03 PM, Flavia83 said:

Hi ,

I received below answer from my city   Congresswoman after I contacted them  and the Senator for my husband I-212 and they helped me contacting USCIS,  since almost 2 years already passed and we are not receiving any news from USCIS. Wondering if any of you had  a similar case, and if I should trust on their response to the Congresswoman.  Thanks

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for your inquiry on behalf of your constituent, Carlos Munoz Novoa, regarding Form I-212, Application for Permission to Reapply for Admission into the United States After Deportation or Removal.  The case is being actively worked on at this time.  Mr. Munoz Novoa should expect to receive a decision within 60 days.

It might be true because I do not think they will lie to the congresswoman.

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Uruguay
Timeline

I feel very happy for all of you that received an approval or at least a letter, I am still waiting for my Fiance's approvals for I-601 and I-212 since December 27, 2016, I got involved the Congress and yesterday they told me that USCIS had responded the following :

"This email is in response to your inquiry regarding Mr. xxxxxxxxxx Form I-601, Application for Waiver of Grounds of Inadmissibility (LIN1790291447), and Form I-212, Application for Permission to Reapply for Admission into the United States After Deportation or Removal (LIN1790291446), which were filed with USCIS on December 27, 2016.

According to USCIS records, your constituent’s Form I-601 was assigned to an adjudications officer at the Nebraska Service Center (NSC) and is currently in an additional review process.  Adjudication of the application will be suspended until after the additional review is completed.  We are able to neither provide details about nor predict a completion date for the additional review.  Please note that expedite processing is not granted for additional review processes."

I did not understand what this mean really, so I called the Congress office and they simply said case is in process right now and just had to wait for  USCIS response, that at this point they could not rush anything since USCIS is already working on it..

I really hope we get an answer soon.

will keep you posted!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.